• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

A link to the YouTube version of the Scott Steiner Shoney's ad in case the Uproxx article's embedded video doesn't work.

Someone needs to hook him up with a Volk Han set. Or a best of World of Sport - could you imagine Cena doing all the Johnny Saint-esque escapism?

And he'd probably still be better at it than Quack or Cabana, lol

Cena out-doing Zack Sabre Jr. with the "World of Sport on crack" gimmick would be incredible.

Sephzilla

Well, the drama shit that's been bogging me down this week actually ended on a fairly positive note. We're not going to be "together" anymore but we're still going to remain close friends. We sat down and talked about everything yesterday and it was a really good conversation that cleared a lot of air. I'm still sad the relationship is ending, but still having her as a close friend in life is awesome and it makes her feel a lot happier too

Someone needs to hook him up with a Volk Han set. Or a best of World of Sport - could you imagine Cena doing all the Johnny Saint-esque escapism?

And he'd probably still be better at it than Quack or Cabana, lol

Quack and Cabana are ASS at it. I remember Nigel would just do the Artful Dodger and it was annoying as fuck.

British Wrestling: oh right, it's supposed to look like wrestling

tumblr_nhmkqcjT451u7nto6o1_400.gif

tumblr_npe5eisYRv1u7nto6o1_400.gif

tumblr_nn2gsmLv2D1u7nto6o1_400.gif

tumblr_nkcno5frg91u7nto6o1_400.gif

tumblr_njixpzQC0v1u7nto6o1_400.gif

I woke up and Baseball was on the telly. I watched the Baseball. Holy shit it was insane. Canadian fans throwing shit, Texas people getting angry. It was like pro wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I woke up and Baseball was on the telly. I watched the Baseball. Holy shit it was insane. Canadian fans throwing shit, Texas people getting angry. It was like pro wrestling.

Why, did one of the players crawl on the ground in the fetal position and stop the match because they got hit with a 10 pound piece of plastic?

Well, the drama shit that's been bogging me down this week actually ended on a fairly positive note. We're not going to be "together" anymore but we're still going to remain close friends. We sat down and talked about everything yesterday and it was a really good conversation that cleared a lot of air. I'm still sad the relationship is ending, but still having her as a close friend in life is awesome and it makes her feel a lot happier too

I'm really happy for you. It takes a lot for a person to just remain friends after a lengthy relationship ends like that. Just know that it's not a healthy relationship if both if you aren't happy in it, and this makes her happy and opens up options for you to explore and find your own happiness once you fully recover from it. Keep moving forward, brother, you're one of the good ones.

giphy.gif

Why, did one of the players crawl on the ground in the fetal position and stop the match because they got hit with a 10 pound piece of plastic?

Someone throw a ball and someone else didn't like it, but the Umpires liked it. Basically the didn't like the ref's call in true Canadian fashion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's cute when Canadians pretend to be into sports that traditionally, they ain't shit at.

#PotStir

0OJIB.gif

Glad it was resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Even if you don't give a fuck about baseball (I do not), that 7th inning is required sports watching now. It was absolutely insane.

imBask

Banned
It's cute when Canadians pretend to be into sports that traditionally, they ain't shit at.

#PotStir

you guys do the same in Hockey

1984 7th place
1988 7th place
1992 4th place
1994 8th place
1998 6th place
2002 Silver
2006 8th place
2010 Silver
2014 4th place

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you guys do the same in Hockey

1984 7th place
1988 7th place
1992 4th place
1994 8th place
1998 6th place
2002 Silver
2006 8th place
2010 Silver
2014 4th place
Yup, we ain't shit at hockey and American hockey fans are basically wieners. Hockey sucks. It's basically sweeping your dining room. What skill.

Oh wait that doesn't require skill, let's make them slide on ice on little metal rails. Now we can call it skill-based.

Fuck hockey.

imBask

Banned
Yup, we ain't shit at hockey and American hockey fans are basically wieners. Hockey sucks. It's basically sweeping your dining room. What skill.

Oh wait that doesn't require skill, let's make them slide on ice on little metal rails. Now we can call it skill-based.

Fuck hockey.

Hockey is the best, go watch your 9 min of football AKA just a pretext to eat garbage like a real american, fatso

i'll take you in a sport-on-a-pole match any day pal

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hockey is the best, go watch your 9 min of football AKA just a pretext to eat garbage like a real american, fatso

i'll take you in a sport-on-a-pole match any day pal

cf1MzTI.gif

Anth0ny

I'm happy for you Seph. Good luck :)

I wish my lengthy relationship could have ended like that -_-

Browny

Banned
Oh shit, American sports fighting words?

xmo9iA3.gif

I love American sports, although baseball has too many weird stats that I don't understand.

jSAByX5.gif

I don't want this to turn into another pissing thread about which sport is better than which, so just be content in knowing that you're right.

It's football. And proper football, mind, not that rugby on roids they play in 'Merica

Sephzilla

The only sport I really cant stand is basketball. Especially the NBA.

Baseball is fun to watch and during the summer it makes great background noise when you're outside and listening to the radio. Hockey can be intense as fuck. Soccer/World Football I enjoy but I have to be in the right mood for it.

American Football is the shit though.

imBask

Banned
I don't want this to turn into another pissing thread about which sport is better than which, so just be content in knowing that you're right.

It's football. And proper football, mind, not that rugby on roids they play in 'Merica

Soccer*

I love Soccer eventhough I live in Canada, I have season tickets for the Impact. Hockey is still #1 to me but I can accept Soccer as the best/biggest

American football is straight garbage, it's terrible, unwatchable and it's the only thing on TV that has more ads than RAW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really let's just be honest about the greatest sport in the whole wide world, and it's Sumo. I don't know anyone that doesn't enjoy it if they just sit down to watch it. Sumo is awesome.

vWzF3Hx.jpg

IdNkoWo.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the behind the scenes world of Sumo supposedly really fucked up and corrupt though?

Isn't every sport? I wouldn't be surprised. Doesn't make the sport less thrilling to watch.

Sephzilla

Isn't every sport? I wouldn't be surprised. Doesn't make the sport less thrilling to watch.

It was years ago but I remember watching a special where they talk about how tons of sumo matches are actually fixed in order to work the gambling industry and make sure certain sumo talents advance more than others. It sounded like a more bizzare corrupt carny version of pro wrestling.

I'd like to see more British wrestling/world of sport shit. Off to google I go.

A few names well worth looking up;

Johnny Saint, Steve Grey, Syd Cooper, Mal Sanders, Zoltan Boscik, Johnny Czeslaw, Terry Rudge, Tally Ho Kaye, Lenny Hurst, Vic Faulkner, Kid McCoy and Sammy Lee (the original Tiger Mask).

good luck with that, I could never be "close friends" especially right at the start, way too much emotions

breakups make bodybuilders, time to delete facebook and hit the gym

welcome to #teamswole

Heel

Speaking of sumo, rumor has it that RIZIN, a new MMA company in Japan backed by some Middle Eastern oil prince, is trying to sign Asashoryu and a Japanese Olympic hammer throw gold medalist. We freak show, baby.

Any of you puroresu nerds hear anything about Kota Ibushi signing up? That's also been swirling around.

jmdajr

It's all good. Better days are coming.

Sephzilla

good luck with that, I could never be "close friends" especially right at the start, way too much emotions

breakups make bodybuilders, time to delete facebook and hit the gym

welcome to #teamswole

There's going to be some emotions and we both know that. But the reasons for our break up had really nothing to do with each other or our feelings towards each other, so I think that will make it smoother.

Top Bottom