• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

1hgAZVD.gif

that doesn't look good in isolation they just look like the wwe divas division

NJPW invades the UK this weekend, anyone heading to either of the shows? I'll be at Uprising on Friday, Global Wars looks great as well though, sad I can't make it;

G3mNFj6.jpg

. Undisputed British Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Will Ospreay vs Marty Scurll
. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
. International Challenge: Big Damo vs Shinsuke Nakamura
. No-DQ Grudge Match: Jimmy Havoc vs Josh Bodom
. Best of the Super Jr's Rematch: KUSHIDA vs Kyle O'Reilly
. Mark Haskins vs Tetsuya Naito
. Martin Kirby vs ACH

8bNEeeE.jpg

. AJ Styles vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Marty Scurll
. Big Damo vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
. Will Ospreay vs Kazuchika Okada
. KUSHIDA vs Martin Kirby vs Tetsuya Naito
. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs Sha Samuels & Jake McClusky
. Mark Haskins & Joel Redman vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
. Lord Gideon Grey vs Gedo

I think Haskins/Naito is a potential show-stealer in London, some of those singles matches in Reading look great though - Nakamura vs Scurll and Ospreay vs Okada, especially. What a huge match for Ospreay.

Big Damo vs Shinsuke should be intresting

Yeah, not sure how that one's going to play out - obviously Nak's winning (unless Damo's going to challenge for the IC title, hah), but I knew what to expect from the Ishii match, but not so much with this one. I'm guessing he'll get Tanahashi's standard big-man match at Global Wars, so the Shinsuke match is definitely the more interesting of the two to me.

Caderfix

I've just rewatched the Lucha Underground's trio champions episode and, man, that main event is soooo good. Angelico is sick, Havoc and Ivelisse are awesome as well.

Angelico spot at the end was a legit shocker

somedevil

From Chris Charlton. He translated this Naito interview on his match with Tanhashi. The main drops some bombs:

Naito: 'if I have that contract, I get to main event the Dome? That's not true- I know from experience'

Everything in this company is on Tanahashi's say so. He says I have to face him, I have to face him, right?'

I should go for it? Why? Even if I win he'll lobby for a rematch or get some way to get me out of the main event'

'So I'll do it Tanahashi. But that's it. No rematches. Once this is done, it's over between us'.

Amazing.

Hey wrestlegaf. I've been trying to read more about backstage drama and real shoots and other fun things that happened back in the Attitude Era and late 90's WCW. Any must read stuff online or must see videos?

Fucking LOL at Naito
He's just so miserable, what a dick

Tanahashi, like Cena, won't accept that something is over until he says that it is, usually after crushing anyone with the temerity to beat him once, usually on a minor show, by beating him multiple times in a short span on as many major shows as possible.

Perry Saturn tells a road story about an incident at Hooters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoszGWVtMus

Perry Saturn is the fuckin' man. Out of all the guys in the business who get into drugs, they do all this crazy shit and fuck around with everyone and burn bridges. Perry? He saves lives and helps people.

DDP needs to save Perry. He's one of the good ones and god only knows how much he deserves to get clean and lead a good life.

Also can't imagine what Dean feels like after what's happened to Benoit, Eddie and Perry.

Hey wrestlegaf. I've been trying to read more about backstage drama and real shoots and other fun things that happened back in the Attitude Era and late 90's WCW. Any must read stuff online or must see videos?

If you get an observer subscription you can check out Meltzer archives. A lot of good stuff in there.

Ithil

Check out the updated re-release of Death of WCW that came out last year, it's a good overview of the shit that went down in WCW during the 90s.
Spoiler: There's a lot of shit.

Dear god, he's beautiful

Anyways watching this week's raw. New Day was hilarious as always, too bad the audience didn't get the future same damn time reference smh. Scrooge line was funny too

Does the crowd not fuck with them or what? By far the only good mic work at wwe now, need more of that

Fox318

Dean Ambrose, Cesaro, and Rusev(I'm not counting the raw thing ) did not have a single match on raw or smackdown.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd never approve of my boy Ultimo doing the j-o-b.

Ultimo is the best ever.

I even mained him in World Tour and Revenge despite his shitty pin finisher.

All of my characters ever use a dragon sleeper in CAW games. I will not play any wrasslin game that doesn't feature it as a possible move choice.

Top Bottom