• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The low viewership numbers for Raw and Smackdown are not the only problem for WWE. The attendance at shows is dropping. Fans at the Smackdown taping on Tuesday noted that the entire upper arena was tarped off and half of the upper deck was tarped off at the 10/6 tapings in Philadelphia. They drew just 3,000 fans for the show this week.

The Wrestling Observer notes that the 10/26 Raw in San Diego has sold 6,000 tickets. The arena is set up for 8,500 fans. That is the post-Hell in a Cell edition of Raw. They did draw 10,000 fans in Chicago for Raw this week but they were a few thousand fans short of a sell out even though they announced that they sold out the arena. Chicago is a hot wrestling town but they didn’t seem as hot as in the past. Keep in mind that they usually sell out Raw when they are in Chicago. It’s hard to use the Chicago Cubs as an excuse because they usually sell out months in advance.

sheesh

DMczaf

ZaZaeDJ.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God I have such high hopes for kamaitachi when he returns to NJPW. He's already miles ahead of Namagajue

That's nice and all but
3-1.jpg

Enjoy your opening tags with old men. At least CMLL is already prepping him for that by putting him in tags with Casas in the opening.

Zack Sabre Jr and Roderick Strong?

Definitely.

Their work has been stellar for awhile now and they are putting on consistent strong performances with folks from around the globe of all styles. Also I'd be shocked if Tommy End doesn't get earmarked by WWE to be a guy to grab and to push. He suits what they're trying to push lately with his striker style. Don't know if he can work without being too stiff for them though.

Their match in Evolve was better in my opinion, the finish was magical.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HONMA is on that list? I thought he just eats pins.

The Young Bucks are the 4th and 5th best wrestlers on that list.

Obviously you should take it with a grain of salt. And remember that Meltz is a mark for multiman tags and always has been

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Konnan always had a big mouth and never shied away from confrontation. When the veterans complained that he didn't deserve his spot, he was right there to throw gas on the fire. He especially hated El Cannek, UWA's biggest star, who was his biggest critic. When Yokozuna was touring through as The Great Kokina, Cannek was supposed to be the first to slam him like he did Andre and Abdullah the Butcher. In a throwaway match, Konan ducked a clothesline, turned Kokina around and slammed him just to piss Cannek off.
YPvFtm7.gif

Thatcher will face Trevor Lee, and Gargano is declaring himself a challenger. Gulak might still try to challenge, but I most want to see Thatcher and Hero fight for the Evolve title.

JavyOO7

For instance, this weekend's Evolve show, though whatever Sami Zayn does will not appear on the iPPV:

Evolve 49, Saturday, 10/17/15, 7 pm (iPPV)

I Quit match, if Gargano loses, he leaves town: Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan page
Timothy Thatcher & TJ Perkins vs. Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero
#1 contender's match: Drew Gulak vs. Trevor Lee
Anthony Nese w/So Cal Val vs. Andrew Everett vs. Matt Cage vs. Peter Kassa
Tracy Williams vs. Willie Mack
Matt Riddle vs. Jonathan Gresham

Evolve 50, Sunday, 10/18/15, 8 pm (iPPV)

Evolve Championship match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs. Drew Gulak vs. Trevor Lee winner
Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero) vs. The Premiere Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley) w/So Cal Val
Willie Mack vs. Gulak vs. Lee loser
TJ Perkins vs. Tracy Williams
Matt Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson
Andrew Everett vs. Peter Kassa
Ethan Page vs. Matt Cage

Or this past weekend's Chikara show, Colony Collapse:
Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, and Swamp Monster vs. Kimber Lee and Los Ice Creams
Kevin Condron vs. Argus
Blaster McMassive and Flex Rumblecrunch vs. Dasher Hatfield and Icarus
Mandrews vs. Juan Francisco De Coranado
Jakob Hammermeier and Soldier Ant vs. Fire Ant and Worker Ant
Shynron vs. Mr. Touchdown
Frightmare, Hallowicked, and Blind Rage vs. Oleg the Usurper and The Batiri
Ophidian vs. Mr. Azerbaijan

Or CZW's show this past weekend, Tangled Web 8.

Neiko Sozio vs. Pepper Parks
AR Fox vs. Joe Gacy
CZW World Tag Team Championship match: Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carry) vs. The Beaver Boys (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)
CZW Wired Championship: Tim Donst (c) vs. Joey Janela
Greg Excellent vs. Dick Justice
Rory Gulak vs. Masada
J.T. Dunn vs. David Starr
CZW World Championship match: Matt Tremont (c) vs. BLK JEEZ
Tangle Web match: The Nation of Intoxication (Danny Havoc, Devon Moore, Lucky tHURTeen & Conor Claxton) vs. Ohio Is 4 Killers (Jake Crist, Dave Crist, Alex Colon, Eric Ryan)

Oh man, I missed the Evolve show. How can I watch that? Any replays?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bruno's ears in high quality video

no thanks

and I can't finish a single Samoan Swat Team/Headshrinkers match
Dope9Vr.gif

without making me go 'fuck the usos' by comparison

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JR saying 'Michael Hayes has a fe fans in the crowd as well' during Halloween Havoc 1989 is pretty funny too. Because everyone is booing the babyface team. Because no one is going to cheer for the fucking Dynamic Dudes
dynamic-dudes.jpg

Fucking Johnny Ace and Shane Douglas

Philly explodes when Hayes hits Ace in the face. It's surreal.

Top Bottom