• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Hrm the rating drops got me thinking...what would I do if I ran things to get ratings up? I got some ideas:

- 2 hour RAWs, 1 hour NXT lead-in
- Remove Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry off TV and put them in the back as agents.
- Fire Kevin Dunn
- Make Sasha the Diva's champ for like two years straight until I bring Kharma back to destroy her to shake up the Diva's division. Remove useless model Diva's like the Bellas off TV and release them.
- Make Ambrose the top babyface and have him wreck shit by doing something different on every RAW ala Stone Cold to keep viewers tuned in.
- Reigns becomes US champ to add some prestige to the belt by featuring it as main event level feuds at house shows while Cena takes some much needed time off.
- Owens becoming the longest reigning IC champ of all time, wrecking through the roster Rusev style.
- Bring Bryan back. Have him take the belt off Seth "The Draw" Rollins and then Sheamus cashes in on the same night to win the belt from Bryan at Royal Rumble. Setup Sheamus vs. Bryan feud for the WWE belt.
- Give Dudley's the tag titles, setup for Wyatt vs. Dudleys feud at Wrestlemania for the belts. Have the Dudley's dominate the tag division for several months and have the Wyatts beat them at WM, in a "Family vs. Family" feud.
- Never main event a show with Brock vs. Taker and similar matches, have them undercard the World title match to emphasize the importance of the belt.
Threw up at Sheamus feuding for WWE championship.

Vylash

I feel bad for Emma. She's talented in the ring, but Vince was never going to implement her very specific gimmick correctly, and then the miscommunication about the shoplifting seemed to just totally kill whatever interest they had in her, not to mention they basically gave the "fun" part of her gimmick to Becky Lynch, and the "appeal to little girls" part to Bayley. They're trying the heel thing, but tbh, much as I enjoy her shaking her butt and flipping her hair to the camera, I don't see her going very far with it. Sad.
i really want emma to work but she's a bad babyface and a super awkward heel, not sure what they could do with her other than put the women's title on her and pray that a switch goes off

MC Safety

i really want emma to work but she's a bad babyface and a super awkward heel, not sure what they could do with her other than put the women's title on her and pray that a switch goes off

I don't imagine she's going to receive a title as part of an experiment.

Emma's gimmick worked well in the context of a small, intimate arena. In a larger venue, it really didn't have a chance -- much like Paige's ridiculous screaming. Emma was also further shackled by Santino, who was so far out the door his next step took him to Panera Bread for a steak salad.

I don't imagine there's anything WWE can do to "fix" her unless they want to keep her in NXT where she can win an audience.

Big One

Banned
Threw up at Sheamus feuding for WWE championship.
I don't like it either but what can you do? They gave him the MITB and there's no reason to devalue MITB anymore than they already have.

You could also do the payoff of their feud at Fastlane or whatever PPV and have Brock vs. Bryan for the belt.

JavyOO7

Nah... if NXT goes to USA for 1 hour and then RAW follows then Vince will have his hands all over it... he and his twenty odd something writers.

NXT is fine the way it is. Not super exciting, not super boring, just fine. No one is over exposed, there's some nice story lines, there are usually pay offs, wrestlers get to do nice little rants without reading a script, wrestlers get to try to win over the super mark Full Sail crowd. The only thing that's gone to NXT that RAW/Smackdown has is the very odd thing where the wrestler stares into space instead of looking at the camera.

Putting NXT anywhere near Vince will contaminate it. What they can do is have their TVs at other small places sometimes that isn't Full Sail. While there are some nice people at Full Sail that want to watch wrestling, there some some young people in their early 20s being very mean and saying some bad stuff or just trying to put themselves over and its pretty embarrassing.

miserable

12070926_1186180581395767_792826505_n.jpg

Big E's face lol

Fox318

Wrestling is dead.

The next big thing is gonna be a Max Landis lead reality show about how Stephanie McMahon and her husband are "over".

would you guys be down for another "I lie I cheat I steal" gimmick coming back to WWE? I've been watching old eddie guerrero matches and they're pretty hilarious when he frames his opponent with a weapon

granted you'd need somebody entertaining enough to pull it off, latino heat was pretty damn funny. I think they should consider the new day playing around with it maybe.

Fox318

would you guys be down for another "I lie I cheat I steal" gimmick coming back to WWE? I've been watching old eddie guerrero matches and they're pretty hilarious when he frames his opponent with a weapon

granted you'd need somebody entertaining enough to pull it off, latino heat was pretty damn funny. I think they should consider the new day playing around with it maybe.
They would give that gimmick to Roman reigns and he would bore people to death.

Smackdown era Eddie was awesome

Pavaloo

Would they have to incorporate the phrase too? Either way I think it'd work well with Dean if his character was separated from Reigns more

Mizerman

As long as the wrestler using the "lie, cheat, steal" gimmick is charismatic enough in order to keep fans invested, I wouldn't mind them revisiting it.

Fox318

WWE needs more scantly clad women (and men) - you know for all demographics.
But then how will Steph be able to be on important things like the Eisenhower Fellowships? Remember this public company's number one priority is making one family look politically viable

Owen wasn't nearly as terrible as Bret, who might be the worst of all time in relation to success.

Owen I also think "got it" more than almost anyone else in the business. I always felt his promos were largely tongue in cheek.

Couldn't agree more on the bolded. He just seemed like he belonged. And at least his awful promos were entertaining, and he did somewhat improve over time.

Valentus

Nxt is a just a glorified indy, and it should stay that way. Changing nxt to something more "massive" could be a mistake.

And emma is awesome, she is just a fish outside water in a world she doesnt understand.

MVtRdDK.gif

Now that's a tope suicida. This was from what DVDVR voted the best lucha match of the 90's, interesting to watch but I'm not entirely sold on the torneo cibernetico match gimmick, even though this one was a lot of fun and full of crazy lucha mat wrestling, I feel like I missed out on a lot of the cool moments because I wasn't aware of the characters or their history with each other.

But then how will Steph be able to be on important things like the Eisenhower Fellowships? Remember this public company's number one priority is making one family look politically viable

Wrestling needs to stop pretending it's something it's not, dammit. It's circus show, go back to your roots; get Ric Flair to wrestle Bears.

Menome

Is it worth me putting the MSG event on in the background whilst playing Destiny tonight or was it as boring as expected?

RBH

article-offical-MSG2-590x900.jpg

WWE: Live from Madison Square Garden
Saturday October 3rd, 2015
8pm ET on the WWE Network

Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

Steel Cage Match for the WWE United States Title
Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Title Match
The Dudley Boyz vs. The New Day (c)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (c)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

* Appearances by Kane, Mark Henry, Stardust, Team Bella and more

article-offical-MSG2-590x900.jpg

WWE: Live from Madison Square Garden
Saturday October 3rd, 2015
8pm ET on the WWE Network

Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

Steel Cage Match for the WWE United States Title
Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Title Match
The Dudley Boyz vs. The New Day (c)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (c)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

* Appearances by Kane, Mark Henry, Stardust, Team Bella and more

That's.. Pretty bad.

This is basically a glorified house show that's only being hyped up because they managed to book Bork for the night. The shite card should have been expected.

Kornflayx

Are fucking kidding me? That card looks dope as hell.

Rusev - Ziggler: maybe this will finally be as good as their house show matches that reportedly stole the show every time
Jericho - Owens: will be awesome. Owens had a good match with Ryback of all people, and Jericho is not as bad you all make him out to be
Dudleyz - New Day: tag title change, could be OK
Rollins - Cena in a Cage: their matches were very good every time, this should be no exception
Lesnar - Show: Big Show will take huge bumps for Brock and keeping this under 10 min should make this very enjoyable

the rest of the card can suck my dick though

Maybe it's because I very rarely watch the TV, but that card looks OK to me - I'll be watching.

Also, Kevin Kelly & Striker doing NJPW commentary? Weird pairing, I doubt many of the hardcore fans will switch but it isn't really for them, it's for the people who've always felt they needed English commentary to enjoy the product.

Forkball

Hrm the rating drops got me thinking...what would I do if I ran things to get ratings up? I got some ideas:

- 2 hour RAWs, 1 hour NXT lead-in
- Remove Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry off TV and put them in the back as agents.
- Fire Kevin Dunn
- Make Sasha the Diva's champ for like two years straight until I bring Kharma back to destroy her to shake up the Diva's division. Remove useless model Diva's like the Bellas off TV and release them.
- Make Ambrose the top babyface and have him wreck shit by doing something different on every RAW ala Stone Cold to keep viewers tuned in.
- Reigns becomes US champ to add some prestige to the belt by featuring it as main event level feuds at house shows while Cena takes some much needed time off.
- Owens becoming the longest reigning IC champ of all time, wrecking through the roster Rusev style.
- Bring Bryan back. Have him take the belt off Seth "The Draw" Rollins and then Sheamus cashes in on the same night to win the belt from Bryan at Royal Rumble. Setup Sheamus vs. Bryan feud for the WWE belt.
- Give Dudley's the tag titles, setup for Wyatt vs. Dudleys feud at Wrestlemania for the belts. Have the Dudley's dominate the tag division for several months and have the Wyatts beat them at WM, in a "Family vs. Family" feud.
- Never main event a show with Brock vs. Taker and similar matches, have them undercard the World title match to emphasize the importance of the belt.

1. I think NXT would be less experimental if it was on TV. I don't mind it being kind of hidden from the general public to let the NXT wrestlers try their own thing.
2. They have value as on air characters, but I agree that they should not be in major storylines, especially as a wrestler.
3. Maybe.
4. THE BOSS should be the #1 heel in the Divas division.
5. Ambrose definitely needs more exposure and credibility in the ring.
6. Give Reigns Cena's open challenge so he can truly be Cena 2.0.
7. KO vs. Honky Tonk Man for Wrestlemania
8. Bryan is great, but he may or may not be dead.
9. Dudleys having a title run would certainly be less offensive than The New Age Outlaws having it. They will probably win it on Saturday.
10. I personally agree with this, but there have been so many times when people have said "Why didn't this go on last?" ala Michaels vs. Flair.

Anth0ny

they're doing a table of 3 featuring cesaro, owens and ambrose.

topics of discussion: the berried life, losing to jean cena and the effect on one's career, cesaro's pay

Top Bottom