• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I'd trust Sunny the most and FallingEdge the least, he'd probably shoot powerbomb me

Boots would be too drunk to catch me
You'd run away

Everyone else will take my top rope crossbody or get rekt

Off the top rope? Incoming RKO or a Davy Boy catch and powerslam.. Hehehe

J/k

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't dance, son #hoss

muPnYXl.gif

Caderfix

Just watched Smackdown. Seth Rollins is great, new day is super fun, KO vs Ryback was cool and the Kane stuff is weird, because I hate it and I love it at the same time.

It was a nice show.

I wish WWE would split brands again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're coming via priority mail, so monday by the latest would be my guess

I'll just watch them at work.

People on Gaf lead me to believe they just sit around and browse the internet while they work, so I should just do like these millennials do.

Zach

Seems like 90% of the PPVs are rated average to below average. No A's? Wrestle mania 7 and and were great.
7 and what now?

And I think you're looking at my grading wrong. I'm not grading like a C is an average show. I don't care about average. I'm grading something like:

A = great, practically no weak moments/matches
B = good
C = decent
D = poor
F = wrestling was a mistake

That being said, there are plenty of shows with A+ segments/moments/matches that don't end up getting a good grade because the one or two high peaks are surrounded by incredibly deep valleys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the worst things about 99 WCW and onwards is how often matches turned hardcore.

Why did every Bam Bam match need to be hardcore? Why?

Heel

Hey Bronson, I got a hypothetical for you. Who in this thread would you trust most/least to catch you while you did an indy flippy shit move?

Trick question, Beef.

Bronson would bask in the limelight, soaking in the crowd from the top rope until the middle school janitor told him to leave because he was locking the gym doors.

Zach

Wierd
Captive
Whusses

^Prominently displayed sign during Austin's opening promo on the RAW that I'm watching. >_>

somedevil

From Twitter:

James Storm is sitting ringside at the NXT event in Nashville.

Interesting.

Plus this happened:

It appears Carmella suffered a stinger at tonight's WWE NXT live event in Nashville, Tennessee.

During her match against Eva Marie, Carmella took a bump on the back of her head and the match was stopped. The referee threw up the dreaded "X" and motioned to the back of his own head as WWE trainers, including Dr. Chris Amann, came to the ring.

Carmella was crying in the ring but did leave with some help. Eva was met with "please retire" chants. It appears Carmella is alright and just suffered a stinger but we'll keep you updated.

Zach

Here come the amazing Mankind sit-downs with "Jimmy" Ross.

Edit: Really, though, how great is Mankind's Lynchian theme? Brilliant.

Trick question, Beef.

Bronson would bask in the limelight, soaking in the crowd from the top rope until the middle school janitor told him to leave because he was locking the gym doors.

For the record, Heel, I would not only catch you when you do a triple spincycle crossbody off the top rope, but I'd put you over clean.

I wouldn't even catch DM.

I feel bad for Emma. She's talented in the ring, but Vince was never going to implement her very specific gimmick correctly, and then the miscommunication about the shoplifting seemed to just totally kill whatever interest they had in her, not to mention they basically gave the "fun" part of her gimmick to Becky Lynch, and the "appeal to little girls" part to Bayley. They're trying the heel thing, but tbh, much as I enjoy her shaking her butt and flipping her hair to the camera, I don't see her going very far with it. Sad.

Sanjuro

Owen is terrible on the mic. But in '97, his Bret suck-up schtick is just silly enough to get him a pass.

Owen wasn't nearly as terrible as Bret, who might be the worst of all time in relation to success.

Owen I also think "got it" more than almost anyone else in the business. I always felt his promos were largely tongue in cheek.

Sanjuro

I feel bad for Emma. She's talented in the ring, but Vince was never going to implement her very specific gimmick correctly, and then the miscommunication about the shoplifting seemed to just totally kill whatever interest they had in her, not to mention they basically gave the "fun" part of her gimmick to Becky Lynch, and the "appeal to little girls" part to Bayley. They're trying the heel thing, but tbh, much as I enjoy her shaking her butt and flipping her hair to the camera, I don't see her going very far with it. Sad.

Emma might be the worst talent I've seen in the last few years. Pretty much everything about her, theme song to character just silenced any crowd immediately.

Not saying she couldn't work. It was just painfully noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6VQ_AUH5Rc

Ugh.

Big One

Banned
Hrm the rating drops got me thinking...what would I do if I ran things to get ratings up? I got some ideas:

- 2 hour RAWs, 1 hour NXT lead-in
- Remove Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry off TV and put them in the back as agents.
- Fire Kevin Dunn
- Make Sasha the Diva's champ for like two years straight until I bring Kharma back to destroy her to shake up the Diva's division. Remove useless model Diva's like the Bellas off TV and release them.
- Make Ambrose the top babyface and have him wreck shit by doing something different on every RAW ala Stone Cold to keep viewers tuned in.
- Reigns becomes US champ to add some prestige to the belt by featuring it as main event level feuds at house shows while Cena takes some much needed time off.
- Owens becoming the longest reigning IC champ of all time, wrecking through the roster Rusev style.
- Bring Bryan back. Have him take the belt off Seth "The Draw" Rollins and then Sheamus cashes in on the same night to win the belt from Bryan at Royal Rumble. Setup Sheamus vs. Bryan feud for the WWE belt.
- Give Dudley's the tag titles, setup for Wyatt vs. Dudleys feud at Wrestlemania for the belts. Have the Dudley's dominate the tag division for several months and have the Wyatts beat them at WM, in a "Family vs. Family" feud.
- Never main event a show with Brock vs. Taker and similar matches, have them undercard the World title match to emphasize the importance of the belt.

Top Bottom