• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Zach

I'm cringing so hard at Vince and now The Undertaker (!) saying that Faarooq is "playing the race card". Jeeesus.

That guy looks massive. I hope he flings little dudes around and walks on their chest and whatnot.

Yep, he has a huge overhead belly-to-belly suplex and also does a spot where he stands on their chest, but then leaps into a back senton that just looks super painful for the poor schmuck taking it.

bjork

I'm cringing so hard at Vince and now The Undertaker (!) saying that Faarooq is "playing the race card". Jeeesus.

My favorite faarooq promo is when he says "Ahmed Johnson, you couldn't be white if they sandblasted your ass 25 times." They went in hard with that stuff at the time. Uncle Tom 3:16 etc

Maybe it's because I very rarely watch the TV, but that card looks OK to me - I'll be watching.

Also, Kevin Kelly & Striker doing NJPW commentary? Weird pairing, I doubt many of the hardcore fans will switch but it isn't really for them, it's for the people who've always felt they needed English commentary to enjoy the product.

I'll probably watch it. Though I've still got almost the entire AXS run to watch.

Striker

10. I personally agree with this, but there have been so many times when people have said "Why didn't this go on last?" ala Michaels vs. Flair.
What about Triple H-Jericho going on after Rock-Hollywood Hogan? When you have two mega-stars like that, it asks the question of what's better for the show's quality - a World title match that will certainly receive a rematch at the next PPV or two huge names facing off against another (often for the very first time)? More often than not, those big draws are what's selling tickets.

Barrage

My favorite faarooq promo is when he says "Ahmed Johnson, you couldn't be white if they sandblasted your ass 25 times." They went in hard with that stuff at the time. Uncle Tom 3:16 etc

I'm partial to Faarooq weighing on the Paul Bearer/Undertaker angle with "don't worry about that blackmail, you better worry about this BLACK. MALE."

I wish they would have brought militant Faarooq back to feud with the Goodfather and Right To Censor. Woulda turned him face.

Fox318

I might watch the lesnar match and the Y2J match but the rest of the card is rematches we have seen for months

The should have booked a random show.

bjork

oh my
when did this happen?

I forget which episode, pretty sure it was a Raw. But I also saw a house show in 97 so he might've said it then? I feel like the house show promo was more anti-mexican to get him tons of boos, which, the boos I remember clearly.

Dion314

Neo Member
article-offical-MSG2-590x900.jpg

WWE: Live from Madison Square Garden
Saturday October 3rd, 2015
8pm ET on the WWE Network

Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

Steel Cage Match for the WWE United States Title
Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Title Match
The Dudley Boyz vs. The New Day (c)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (c)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

* Appearances by Kane, Mark Henry, Stardust, Team Bella and more

Really surprised they're not hyping the first time meeting of Orton and Sheamus. That's the real once in a lifetime right there

Bronx-Man

Banned
So despite the fact that I said multiple times that I would make the OT for Live from MSG if WrassleGAF wanted, I wake up today to see someone else has decided to do it.

tumblr_msiczqHAAD1r0bwkso1_400.gif

The clips of Bayley and Sasha working on their cardio with Sasha doing the handstand push-up a la Shawn Michaels has me pumped for Wednesday's TakeOver: Respect.

What was the "prime" era of Undertaker's career? I'm inclined to say that it was Big Evil and his feuds with Hardy, Lesnar, Rock, Maven, Angle, etc. But then his Mania feuds with Michaels, Edge, Batista, and Punk are some of his best so it's hard to say.

What was the "prime" era of Undertaker's career? I'm inclined to say that it was Big Evil and his feuds with Hardy, Lesnar, Rock, Maven, Angle, etc. But then his Mania feuds with Michaels, Edge, Batista, and Punk are some of his best so it's hard to say.

Big Evil is my favorite but probably post-Deadman return when Streak matches started to matter.

early attitude era, then a revival with big evil on smackdown, then the batista feud was his last, consistent gasp before putting on two good to great matches with shawn and one with punk.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As an omen of things to come, TNA used the first segment on its first ever PPV broadcast to show a group of older wrestlers talking: in the first few minutes of the debut show, Jeff Jarrett cut a promo about how having a battle royal to crown a NWA champion was a bad idea; Ken Shamrock came out moments later to agree with Jarrett; and Scott Hall showed up through the crowd to...agree with them as well. What a way to build up the main event!

Sign of things to come.

Sign of things to come.

That's a good one, but this might be my favorite anecdote from that article.

Syxx-Pac did a "shoot" on "sports entertainment" and how he had come to TNA for professional wrestling again. He cut this promo just before TNA held an impromptu boxing match between Saved by the Bell star Dustin "Screech" Diamond and obese TNA timekeeper Tiny.

RBH

I propose that TNA's final show should end in the same way that TNA's first show began...........with Cheex breaking the ring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The following PPV, Roddy Piper was given a live mic to plug his book. Instead, he shoots on Russo while the crowd went nuts. This was until Piper said "Hey Russo, did you book my cousin Owen's death?". Everything went quiet whilst Piper ranted about Vince before Russo came out to calm Piper down. Piper refused to give Vince the mic, hit him with his book and then verbally berated him.

It's a shoot brother.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
David Flair made his debut wielding an axe, presumably to use on Jeff Jarrett and Curt Hennig. Tenay and West hype up Flair (who just months ago was completely destroyed on WWE television by the Undertaker) as a huge acquisition for S.E.X. Vince Russo also decided to axe the TNA set for shiggles during this segment.

The debut of both Flair and the axe led to TNA's first iteration of Russo's favorite gimmick match, the "item on a pole" match; an Axe Handle on a Pole. This match, featuring Flair and Hennig, would be Hennig's last match.

Also the amount of people who make 1 or 2 appearances on TNA and then leave never to return is outstanding.

bjork

1990-Royal Rumble 1994.

I like to imagine the real guy died and they got a new guy after that.

Top Bottom