• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With all the other games coming out this month I can't see how someone would be interested in Mordor anything

I honestly don't care about microtransactions for the most part unless they mess up the experience, but yes the new Mordor is going all in on lootboxes and shit

huh

I don't even know how that is suppose to work in a game like that

yesh

With all the other games coming out this month I can't see how someone would be interested in Mordor anything

first game was a blast, all in on this one

Only other game I will play in October is Mario. Will cop Wolfenstein 2 and AC on sale.

game_highlight_image_spacer.gif

imBask

Banned
Cuphead is a great video game
Golf Story is a great video game
Heat Signature is a great video game
Stardew Switch is coming out this week, send help

Watched Bryan vs AJ from Main Event Spectacles, such a great match that's been largely forgotten thanks to Teddy Hart being exceptionally dumb in the scramble cage match;

D2AaWEI.gif
zAOEAGr.gif
ozqnLaR.gif

ROH really need a streaming service, or any way for fans to access pre-Sinclair ROH content. Y'know, when it was good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Bryan vs AJ from Main Event Spectacles, such a great match that's been largely forgotten thanks to Teddy Hart being exceptionally dumb in the scramble cage match;

ROH really need a streaming service, or any way for fans to access pre-Sinclair ROH content. Y'know, when it was good.

Not bad, looks like those two were going all out.

Is this the same show where Teddy got a ton of heat (I know, there's a zillion of those) by doing some irresponsible shit? Like, HIGHLY irresponsible?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I put a handful more hours into Divinity OS2 and man, that might just be GOTY. I can't pinpoint what it does better than other games, it's like the sum of its parts is just incredible. What a fucking game!

Egg0

Banned

My interest in Mordor faded rapidly after the DLC/loot box thing. Ended up using the preorder money on Evil Within 2 instead.

Zach

I beat Mafia III last night. It was good and bad.

I've dabbled in Cuphead alone and with my offspring. We like it. The ladybird loves watching, of course. It's really a wonderful game.

What comes out this month? Wolfenstein? I better go check game release datez.

Kurita

Would it? McMahon is the most successful promoter in history.
Doesn't mean his children can accomplish the same, is what I wanted to say
They're not evolving in the same environment as Vince. They don't really have to fight/crush a competition so that might mean being more "lazy" or "safe".
I can't predict the future tho

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My interest in Mordor faded rapidly after the DLC/loot box thing. Ended up using the preorder money on Evil Within 2 instead.

A wise choice if you're doing either/or. TEW is a fuckin masterpiece and I can't wait for 2.

I've dabbled in Cuphead alone and with my offspring. We like it. The ladybird loves watching, of course. It's really a wonderful game.

Mafia 3's best thing was its soundtrack. Unfortunately too much filler. Story was fantastic.

Fox318

I really enjoyed Mafia 2 to a point where I want to start Mafia 1.

Could you expand your thoughts on the 3rd mafia game?

Zach

Wolfensteeeiiinnn!

Is this month. And Merrio! Good thing I bought a NINTENDO SWITCH the other day!

(Xmas gift for child. Will play Merrio on Xmas morn or somethin'.)

Mafia 3's best thing was its soundtrack. Unfortunately too much filler. Story was fantastic.

Really, really great soundtrack. Like, one of the best ever, for licensed music. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Not bad, looks like those two were going all out.

It was actually pretty intense, they did a GREAT job making it look like they weren't cooperating or that there was some heat between them, made the "smart" ROH 2003 crowd question what they were seeing.

Is this the same show where Teddy got a ton of heat (I know, there's a zillion of those) by doing some irresponsible shit? Like, HIGHLY irresponsible?

Yup, didn't like that he and Jack were booked to lose the Scramble Cage, so after the match he got back in the ring, cut some insane promo about "doing it for the fans" and did a ton of moonsaults, then threw up all over the ring mat and the Carnage Crew ran down and beat the shit out of him and Jack with belts. Always kinda felt bad for Jack whenever he got dragged into Teddy's bullshit haha.

This month I'm getting Super Mario Odyssey and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Everything else looks lame. I didn't like Wolfenstein the New Order or any Assassin Creed.

Zach

I really enjoyed Mafia 2 to a point where I want to start Mafia 1.

Could you expand your thoughts on the 3rd mafia game?

All of the Mafia games are rough and annoying in some ways, in my opinion, but I got past the probz and enjoyed them all.

Mafia III has a solid story, good presentation, great voiceacting and music, cool atmosphere, fine gameplay, all hindered by technical problems throughout and tonsssss of filler in the middle. Don't be a sucker like me and collect things like you're playing gah dang Assassin's Creed. Unless you have hours and hours of podcasts you need to catch up on, like I did. That made a lot of the tedium acceptable for me.

Anyway, play it. It's probably a dollar now.

Every time I've tried to get into Dragon's Dogma I just ultimately want to play Dark Souls about a half hour in
It's a totally different game though

Once you start unlocking abilities and vocations (and get more into the pawn stuff) it's really super fun

I like the assassin vocation, sword and bow/arrows

Stylin' on goblins yo

Menome

I completed the racing section in the original Mafia before the difficulty tone-down and option to skip, AMA.

Egg0

Banned
Every time I've tried to get into Dragon's Dogma I just ultimately want to play Dark Souls about a half hour in

Same. I don't know what it is, but I bounce off it a few hours into it. I somehow bought it for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Each time wanting to give it another chance. The PC version I got for cheap and it's 60fps, but I still haven't booted it up.

miserable

I like how many people said NiOh sucks when it launched yet now that it's getting released on Steam is the bestest gaem

Foggy

Everything is Evil, Sumo Hall knows this.

Also, Evil Within 2 comes out on Friday the 13th. Gonna get it.

I haven't seen much of anything but positivity for the game since the beta.
Yea

Unless said sentiment was tucked away in the darkness of PC Gaming Discussion

I liked the game a lot but fell victim to every game ever coming out at the same time this year. Tried to go back later and was too rusty to hang (and was having more fun with Yakuza anyways)

Sephzilla

Everything is Evil, Sumo Hall knows this.

Also, Evil Within 2 comes out on Friday the 13th. Gonna get it.

On that note. Friday the 13th is the most pure fun I've had with a multiplayer game in ages but the game's community and the developers borderline incompetency have turned me off on the game.

Top Bottom