• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
double post, plus someone's gonna use that as leverage. I'll leave it to the tastemakers in this thread.

DLG7Br3VwAArI7H.jpg

Recall

Low Ki vs Kota Ibushi was really good, with there being some really sound tactics by Low Ki by destroying Ibushi's ribs.

Shame about them slipping twice on the top rope on the finish of a super Ki Krusher.

Edit: I'm skipping to the main event now, as I'm hyped for it!

Menome

For fuck's sake...

Looks like we just lost Tom Petty

Fuck. I'm not going to claim to be a massive fan as country's not usually my thing, but Full Moon Fever is an album that's been there my entire life and I never tire of listening to.

RIP.

Finally something else announced for Chicago

DLJoSemWAAEJGiE.jpg:large

Apparently it's the main event too, after Kenny? Lol alright

Should be a fun match I guess but I have to imagine it's the first of many giant tag matches to be announced

EDIT: AHHHHHHHHHHHH YES DREAMS BECOMING REALITY

chicago-marty.png

Ahmed Johnson did a podcast. Stuff was said

On when did they tell him that he was going to win the Intercontinental Title and what happened with him after that:

“I didn’t know. Because, what they did, they got us in the ring, they didn’t tell us who was going to win or lose. They wanted to see how the match went. So, right at the end of the match, the referee whispered to me and said, ‘Go over, Vince wants you to go over.’ And so I went over and, boom, we got that big crowd pop and I became the first black singles champion in WWF history.

And it was cool until I went out to my car and somebody had scratched ‘congratulations n****r’ on my car. It was definitely one of the boys. Where we parked at, nobody could get to our cars but the boys. Somebody said they seen some of the boys back there, you know by the car. I couldn’t put my finger on it.”
On his real life backstage fight with The Rock:

“What happened was, he was back in the locker room and I was already back there on the other side of the lockers, so, he couldn’t see me. And he walked in there with Triple H and Shawn, and they were all talking and they were making black jokes, and they didn’t know I was there.

When Triple H said, ‘Man, we were joking Rocky, we were joking,’ and Rock said, ‘That’s okay, people look at me and think I’m black. I’m not black, man. My mom had an affair on my dad with a white man. That’s my dad. The white guy is my dad.’

He was serious as a heart attack. So I stepped from around the locker and said, ‘What you just say?’ He said, ‘Aw, aw, nothing, man, you know just here bullshitting,’ and I said, ‘Yeah, I heard you over there selling that bullshit, man. What did you say about your dad? You mean to tell me this man bust his ass for us to be in this federation, and you’re denying him?’ Then he got cocky and said, ‘Man, this ain’t none of your business’. Once he said that, we went for blows. After that, Ron Simmons and Papa Shango broke it up.”

Syder

Ahmed Johnson did a podcast. Stuff was said
On his real life backstage fight with The Rock:

“What happened was, he was back in the locker room and I was already back there on the other side of the lockers, so, he couldn’t see me. And he walked in there with Triple H and Shawn, and they were all talking and they were making black jokes, and they didn’t know I was there.

When Triple H said, ‘Man, we were joking Rocky, we were joking,’ and Rock said, ‘That’s okay, people look at me and think I’m black. I’m not black, man. My mom had an affair on my dad with a white man. That’s my dad. The white guy is my dad.’

He was serious as a heart attack. So I stepped from around the locker and said, ‘What you just say?’ He said, ‘Aw, aw, nothing, man, you know just here bullshitting,’ and I said, ‘Yeah, I heard you over there selling that bullshit, man. What did you say about your dad? You mean to tell me this man bust his ass for us to be in this federation, and you’re denying him?’ Then he got cocky and said, ‘Man, this ain’t none of your business’. Once he said that, we went for blows. After that, Ron Simmons and Papa Shango broke it up.”
Wait.. So according to Ahmed, The Rock renounced his black father to get over with Shawn and Hunter...

That's fucked if it's true.

The Dwayne thing, fucked as it is, isn't the surprising part

The racial slur on his car, I'd heard before and thought it was a fan. It being one of the boys in back sure is surprising, in the way that basically there's only a few people who 1) could do it and 2) be spotted doing it and not be snitched out for it, especially at that time (*cough Shawn cough)

Syder

The Dwayne thing, fucked as it is, isn't the surprising part

The racial slur on his car, I'd heard before and thought it was a fan. It being one of the boys in back sure is surprising, in the way that basically there's only a few people who 1) could do it and 2) be spotted doing it and not be snitched out for it, especially at that time (*cough Shawn cough)
and the company never changed

tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do2_400.gif
tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do6_400.gif

tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do9_400.gif
tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do10_400.gif

Don't forget to subscribe to the Trump Network for only $9.99!

and the company never changed

[MG]https://78.media.tumblr.com/07f7c37adfeafb0ee43d7f36c0b9df9b/tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do2_400.gif[/IMG] [MG]https://78.media.tumblr.com/b71c2d99ccb9ac6eff3c2cfa367c96bc/tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do6_400.gif[/IMG]
[IG]https://78.media.tumblr.com/c3c8c69ab822bb9b124c8660c84855f2/tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do9_400.gif[/IMG] [MG]https://78.media.tumblr.com/40d56b557f0a4480696404f0b0cb2e4f/tumblr_o80k76JSof1qc4x1do10_400.gif[/IMG]

Don't forget to subscribe to the Trump Network for only $9.99!
No, but that was for
H E A T
E
A
T
giphy.webp

H E A T
E
A
T

Continuing my first time through Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Larry David just exposed the business to Thor's kids.

S2 has been pretty great so far.

Top Bottom