• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Egg0

Banned
Speaking of the not too distant future for video games,

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/how-activision-uses-matchmaking-tricks-to-sell-in-game-items-w509288

Activision was granted a patent this month for a system it uses to convince people in multiplayer games to purchase items for a game through microtransactions. This patent, though, specifically discusses how that system for pairing up players can also be used to entice a player to purchase in-game items.

"For example, in one implementation, the system may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases," according to the patent. "For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player."

klonere

Banned
I play EVE, have 6 accounts and have given them a lot of my own money for stuff.

I came from DOTA and League and put plenty of money into both of those.

I am the problem. But I really don't care.

Finally had a chance to watch that Kane segment. Ignoring what you think of Kane in the main event in 2017, it was really great. Reigns sold it well, they kept the new music (which is the best since his original theme) going until the chokeslam, Miz on the ladder at the end gloating....best segment I've seen the wwf pull off in ages.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally had a chance to watch that Kane segment. Ignoring what you think of Kane in the main event in 2017, it was really great. Reigns sold it well, they kept the new music (which is the best since his original theme) going until the chokeslam, Miz on the ladder at the end gloating....best segment I've seen the wwf pull off in ages.
It was done very well. I agree completely.

Pikma

Banned
So there's a rumor Nia Jax walked out? Unless she'd be leaving the business... Like, where would she go?

That sounds like some of the shit Machine Zone does with their garbage pay to win mobile games.
She's done a lot of other things outside of wrestling, she could always go back to that or simply do other things. Also, I doubt Nia or her family are in any kind of financial troubles, and she's single too, so it's not like she really needs the money that badly.

Hex

Banned
What's Neo Jix doing in the Impact Zone!?

"This is so big Jeremy, she is related to Dwayne the Rock Johnson. Did you know that she comes from the same line as The Rock! The Rock could be next! Anything can happen in the Impact Zone!"

shaowebb

The only silver lining is if they use that pairing to start Braun leaching Kane/Taker spots so that he can expand his repetoire with good ol Chokeslam/Tombstone/Last Ride/Situp and no sell after getting knocked onto his back spots. Fuck Kane and his big red foreskin mask and for eating up airtime, but if they use him to help even further the monster angle of Braun before retiring Kane off it'd be good.

Best scenario...Braun retires kane and takes out everyone on both his team and the other team and forces multiple no contests. Then they'd have themselves a new monster character to replace the two that needed to retire.

Heh...I still remember saying I wanted Braun out of the Wyatt family and to use Kane to abduct and corrupt him into a monster character to replace Taker/kane bookings years ago. Nice to see us close to it. Sucks it means Kane is back on TV though.

DMNaw0eXcAEwEYQ.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
"This is so big Jeremy, she is related to Dwayne the Rock Johnson. Did you know that she comes from the same line as The Rock! The Rock could be next! Anything can happen in the Impact Zone!"

*Airs 10 year old footage of Booker T*

"Booker T, former WWE Superstar and current Monday Night Raw commentator has made the jump!"

somedevil

What you posted quoted prowrestling sheet wrong. What the article said was this:

Our sources were unable to confirm if she left the show angrily ... however, we're told Jax HAS been granted a leave of absence for personal reasons by management. It's unclear how long she'll be gone or what spawned her decision.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/nia-jax-update-rumor-walkout/#.WeaLTVtSyM8

Oersted

I always love how the attacked wrestler extremely oversells his surprise.

And how the surprise attacker's signature move is always powered to the max.

Anth0ny

Monday’s WWE Raw television show averaged 2.688 million viewers, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. Viewership was down from the 2.871 million viewer average from last week.

Powell’s POV: A disappointing night for WWE given The Shield reunion combined with the fact that it’s a TLC go-home show. Monday Night Football was also down last night. The first hour of Raw averaged 2.731 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.728 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.606 million viewers.

Oct 16 2017: 2.688 million viewers
Oct 17 2016: 3.13 million viewers
Oct 19 2015: 3.356 million viewers

Shauni

I mean, was The Shield really that big to begin with? I know they were fairly well over, but ai didn't really think they were around long enough to make that huge of a real impact

Top Bottom