• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Draxal

I just saw this linked from squared circle.

wwe-limited-edition-elite-virgil-action-figure--48268569.zoom.jpg

The banner is amazing.

Kurita

I'll say that Cole had one relatively good call : Bryan at WM 30 when he's submitting Batista. Didn't sound like a robot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Batista is a better actor than the Rock and so is Cena.

Just sayin'

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I really like Drew, hope he's booked well when he eventually moves to the main roster

Doubt it, but hope it

Batista is a better actor than the Rock and so is Cena.

Just sayin'

I think Dwayne's the only one who thinks different. Even Fast fans know it's all he has right now aside from Ballers until the Black Adam film is made (which isn't a surefire success by any means), and delays are the only thing keeping that franchise from ending because 10 is it and everyone knows that

According to the other thread it's out a few days after episode 8

Phew, good luck Rock

And two days before Pitch Perfect 3 and Downsizing. If he thinks women will want to see him over singing Anna Kendrick, or kids will want to laugh at Jack Black over super small Matt Damon, even ignoring that it's week 2 of Star Wars, okay Dwayne. But I ain't betting on that film being even in second place in the box office that weekend

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Dwayne's the only one who thinks different. Even Fast fans know it's all he has right now aside from Ballers until the Black Adam film is made (which isn't a surefire success by any means), and delays are the only thing keeping that franchise from ending because 10 is it and everyone knows that
And I've never met anyone that likes Ballers, either. I mean, at least Cena has really good comedic timing in what limited roles he's had, whereas Rock mostly just accepts roles that involve jumping out of planes.

And built like a brick shithouse, but WWE is shit at booking

I find it hard to believe Vince is going to look at 2017 Drew and do something other than immediately book him to squash a ton of people. His work, look and gimmick are way beyond 2012 Drew.

Why would Rock agree to have his company produce a Rampage movie?

Did he see Godzilla and Kong and think monsters are the big thing right now?

Or is Rock just doing shit that he wants to do for fun then career reasons because I have to assume he loved the game or something and wanted to be in a movie about it.

Angry Grimace

Rock needs a better agent who will stop putting him in movies that would have been direct to VHS back in the 80s

FWIW I think Rock knows what his limitations are and never moves beyond his comfort zone because he's making money hand over fist.

It's for that reason I haven't specifically seen a Rock movie since, what, Fast 5? He's in crap that I wouldn't pay to see. And this is coming from a person who has had an uninterrupted WWE Network subscription since they first started offering it.

Or is Rock just doing shit that he wants to do for fun then career reasons because I have to assume he loved the game or something and wanted to be in a movie about it.

If people are willing to see the kind of movies Rock puts out, then he's not wrong to think someone wants to see Rampage as a movie.

I caught ~20 minutes of that earthquake movie Rock made (when it was on HBO) and my brain still hasn't recovered.

Sephzilla

I honestly think Rock let that "Highest Grossing Star" shit go to his head and now he thinks everything he touches turns to gold, when the reality is he hitched on to a franchise that was in the midst of a rebirth. Which is why he was so incredibly salty when Baywatch got torn apart

Syder

The Jumanji cartoon series will never be topped, the Robin Williams movie was bad and the Rock movie will be worse

giphy.gif

Syder

no pls

Drew can wrestle and has a presence, Corbin is just...I dunno, he manages to have long hair but also a receding hairline? There's that
If Corbin shaved his head and got a 6 pack, it'd be a pretty good look. Unfortunately, he seems to have learned very little in-ring in his time with the company and has the gas tank of a 60 year old.

Sephzilla

The Robin William's Jumanji movie is kind of weird/fucked up. Especially considering the ending of the movie results in the last 30+ years no longer happening and yet the two main characters retain all of the memories and mental scars from it

Bronx-Man

Banned
Big Dave about to star in Blade Runner while Dwayne’s out promoting a Jumanji reboot 100% certain to get crushed by Star Wars

The Animal, is unleashed

Top Bottom