• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Zach

Dato always with the acronyms I don't understand.

Wait. Daniel Day-Lewis? It's Daniel Day-Lewis! :D

(I'm a genius. The Genius.)

Here's a shoot for you. KMart getting smacked down by Lin

DLY93LlXUAAPGpj.jpg

DLY_G9WVwAArAKB.jpg

Not surprised Heromark thinks money's literally all that matters

Suspicious that the only time he doesn't think that is when he talks about why Kenny Omega's going to be IWGP champ and never going to WWE/205 Live

He'll be pushed hard, but once he gets his first loss, it will be tough for him to recover if he falters.

Just not sold on his promo ability yet (and yeah wrestlers can get away with nonexistent promo ability, but not sure if he can).

I was looking forward to his first promo a few weeks ago (okay, mostly because I knew the segment with Velveteen Dream was coming) and once he got going... really? How many more "I've worked my ass off in this business for fifteen years!" guys do they need? They don't have to necessarily commit to a supernatural gimmick or something with him, but he's starving for more personality beyond Generic Indie Wrestler with a side of brooding.

Anyway, longtime wrasslegaf listener, first time caller.

Current Fav 5:
Jericho
BRAAAAAAUUUNNN
Asuka
Velveteen Dream
Kevin Owens/AJ Styles but minus points for you know/Maybe Kairi now/Plz push Breezango

Heroman

Banned

Suspicious that the only time he doesn't think that is when he talks about why Kenny Omega's going to be IWGP champ and never going to WWE/205 Live
Brah, only a mark thinks that the Rock is jealous of Dave.

Syder

Any of you loves playing Forza 7? Thoughts?
For what it's worth, I loved Forza Horizon despite the PC version being poorly optimised. Forza 7 interests me but this lootbox stuff is a complete turn off. There are so many games to play these days that I don't feel guilty about tossing lootbox games to the wayside.

Pikma

Banned

Honest question, what gets more viewers, a random 205 live episode or a random not heavily promoted NJPW show?

For what it's worth, I loved Forza Horizon despite the PC version being poorly optimised. Forza 7 interests me but this lootbox stuff is a complete turn off. There are so many games to play these days that I don't feel guilty about tossing lootbox games to the wayside.

I’m more of a Horizons guy, but I hear the progression system is all kinds of fucked up.

Agreed on both accounts. Also a Horizon guy but the 4K and abundance of tracks have me interested somewhat. Plus I got gifted $60 in Xbox points.

Honest question, what gets more viewers, a random 205 live episode or random a not heavily promoted NJPW show?
I would imagine 205 simply because of the time zones in the US

If the Network has a million subscribers or whatever you'd think there's gotta be at least 25-50,000 people watching

If Dave spent months swearing Kickboxer didn't bomb and also critics are mean and also #TrueFans liked it anyway, he'd have been laughed at forever

Think of the memes about Hogan's shitty acting career and triple that volume

Fact: Dwayne did that with Baywatch

Honest question, what gets more viewers, a random 205 live episode or a random not heavily promoted NJPW show?

Live or total?

205 either way, but I'd say it's significantly closer total, obviously not live because more in America are awake during 205

Heroman

Banned
Dave wishes he had the power and money to make his own film, If Dave when to a producer and said he wanted to make a film they would laugh in his face.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Omega stands to make dramatically more money than someone like the Young Bucks would if he made the jump. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mutual lack of interest, though. They already employ hundreds of wrestlers, 80% of which don't ever get on television as it is.

There would need to be a pretty firm belief he's going to be the next AJ Styles for it to happen.

Dave wishes he had the power and money to make his own film, If Dave when to a producer and said he wanted to make a film they would laugh in his face.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All I'm saying is that I bet you Blade Runner 2049 is better than every movie the Rock has ever received a credit in and I haven't even seen the movie.

The Animal Batista doesn't have to come back to WWE. He talks all kinds of stuff about why he doesn't need the carny life.

Rock has to answer to papa Vinny Mac and get humbled back to random WWE shows.

The Animal wins.

xqxvauzvkzix.gif

Egg0

Banned
And I'm just not confident at all they'd do that for Kenny or the Bucks. Beyond the ever-present option that they'd split up the Bucks if they ever got them, of course

Bucks would get the Anderson & Gallows treatment at best. While they may be more successful in the indies than A&G ever were, the E don’t care.

Angry Grimace

The Bucks wouldn't even work in WWE. They have a smark gimmick but I think the farthest WWE is willing to go in that direction is the New Day who don't pander to that at all.

Is it safe to be happy for both Dwayne and Dave or no?

I'm sorry if I'm coming off really negative about Dwayne tbh. He's just been really rubbing me the wrong way (filth) the past year with the Vin feud, the pettiness about Baywatch's critical and domestic box office performance, and this.

I think someone here days ago said something like the best wrestling characters are themselves amped up to 11. Modern Dwayne feels like he's become his wrestling character amped up to 11 24/7

Zach

I haven't really been reading these The Rock-related posts, but maybe the guy's just coked-up all the time.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off really negative about Dwayne tbh. He's just been really rubbing me the wrong way (filth) the past year with the Vin feud, the pettiness about Baywatch's critical and domestic box office performance, and this.

I think someone here days ago said something like the best wrestling characters are themselves amped up to 11. Modern Dwayne feels like he's become his wrestling character amped up to 11 24/7

oh trust me tom i wasnt even narrowing in on you. i just think its funny everything has to be a competition and / or a false dichotomy

New day doesnt pander?

Finalfantasytrumpet
Even beyond that, Big E throwing in euphemisms, Kofi making fun of his booking/"Jamaican" characters, Xavier forcing in dumb gaming jokes every time "blahblahblah like the zombies in Left 4 Dead"

I haven't kept up with what they've been doing lately but it always seemed like a huge part of their appeal is "how are they getting away with this?"

They wouldn't be able to talk about booking or stuff like that but they'd survive on t-shirt sale talk, as well as references from the vast catalog of WCW/WWF history

Bronx-Man

Banned
New Day's been teaming together for over three years now. That feels insane in modern WWE where you got teams like American Alpha breaking up after a few months on the main roster

Angry Grimace

New day doesnt pander?

Finalfantasytrumpet

They pander to nerds and reference real life stuff. They don't actually make it clear on the show that you're watching a wrestling show.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When Black is moved to the main roster they should give him a manager tbh

Guy seems better as the silent brooding type

Top Bottom