• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Sephzilla

Big Dave about to star in Blade Runner while Dwayne's out promoting a Jumanji reboot 100% certain to get crushed by Star Wars

The Animal, is unleashed

Oh fuck, I didn't realize Jumanji came out 5 days after Star Wars.

RIP Dwayne, your movie is being sent out to die

kinda curious how cena's movie career does

if it fails he could always make a second album

edit: syder got me remembering nostalgia for the jumanji cartoon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Comparing Drew to Corbin is one of the most superficial comparisons I can think of. Drew is going to be a huge star when he gets promoted again (and the NXT run is going to help hugely) and so is Aleister Black. Pretty much everyone else in NXT is just a dude, but they got pretty lucky both of those guys came in when they did because the post Nakamura-era NXT largely revolved around a ton of nobodies and Bobby Roode's entrance music.

I mean, NXT has gotten quite good again, but I can't exactly imagine Roddy Strong, Adam Cole and ReDRagon on the main roster.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I could see Roddy on the main roster, he’s shown flashes of greatness in NXT. Same as Gargano.

The rest though, yeah it’s gonna be rough.

Draxal

Comparing Drew to Corbin is one of the most superficial comparisons I can think of. Drew is going to be a huge star when he gets promoted again (and the NXT run is going to help hugely) and so is Aleister Black. Pretty much everyone else in NXT is just a dude, but they got pretty lucky both of those guys came in when they did because the post Nakamura-era NXT largely revolved around a ton of nobodies and Bobby Roode's entrance music.

I mean, NXT has gotten quite good again, but I can't exactly imagine Roddy Strong, Adam Cole and ReDRagon on the main roster.

I'm not nearly as high on Black as you are.

Patrick Clark is making a bigger impression on me, think he can be super legit.

Nekofrog

Banned
It always seems like new tag teams have an easier time getting initially over then new singles stars. I like redragons chances even on the main roster if they put the work in and aren't made to look like total goobers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

His gimmick is that he kicks people and poses.

He's going to be pushed pretty hard.

I could see Roddy on the main roster, he's shown flashes of greatness in NXT. Same as Gargano.

The rest though, yeah it's gonna be rough.

I honestly can't see it. They have so many dudes on SD and Raw I can't even envision where they'd put him. In a tag team with Tye Dillinger named "CAW?"

I'm not saying these guys can't wrestle enough to compete on the main roster, I'm saying being good at wrestling isn't at a premium even with HHH when almost everyone on TV can wrestle well at this point.

Big Dave about to star in Blade Runner while Dwayne’s out promoting a Jumanji reboot 100% certain to get crushed by Star Wars

The Animal, is unleashed

Batista actually having a long run of critically and commercially successful movies is still so bizarre to me. Super happy for the dude.

Adam Cole will do fine on the main roster. He'll probably settle into a Kevin Owens-tier role.

Not the top guy ever, but always in the mix and always featured.

Clark's gimmick requires a certain level of tact to prevent it from becoming an "lol gay" thing or a parody of itself.

And to say that Vince McMahon lacks tact is probably universally agreed upon.

Draxal

Clark's gimmick requires a certain level of tact to prevent it from becoming an "lol gay" thing or a parody of itself.

And to say that Vince McMahon lacks tact is probably universally agreed upon.

Yup, but Patrick Clark has 100% buy in his character and is young as hell. This gimmick is not necessarily the one that he'll have in a couple of years (and lets be real Vince is old).

His gimmick is that he kicks people and poses.

He's going to be pushed pretty hard.

He'll be pushed hard, but once he gets his first loss, it will be tough for him to recover if he falters.

Just not sold on his promo ability yet (and yeah wrestlers can get away with nonexistent promo ability, but not sure if he can).

Angry Grimace

Vince is only old by normal person standards and will live forever. He took several bumps and was blading 3 weeks ago.

donald trump will make more money this year than kenny omega

tumblr_m8385xXEiT1r270ozo1_250.gif

Angry Grimace

I bet you fucking anything Vince thought he was some kind of fucken genius pre-blading and then covering it and making sure there it was filmed so that was no way anyone could point to something specific and say "Vince was blading."

It's too bad Jericho probably already did most of his fourth book because I bet he'd have some shit to say about that. I think that book was supposed to come out months ago and then didn't, and I'm guessing it's for obvious reasons: because he probably wrote the vast majority it before the Owens/Jericho/List of Jericho stuff took off.

Oh fuck, I didn't realize Jumanji came out 5 days after Star Wars.

RIP Dwayne, your movie is being sent out to die

Seems sent out to die.

They could have at least released it in January.

Kids will still want to see Star Wars over Jumanji. I'm not sure how well they work opposite each other.

Odd move.

Egg0

Banned
After Rampage gets rave reviews and is financially successful. Rock will resurrect the Spy Hunter movie!

Then who will get the last laugh?!

Angry Grimace

Adam Cole will do fine on the main roster. He'll probably settle into a Kevin Owens-tier role.

Not the top guy ever, but always in the mix and always featured.

The only way Adam Cole ever does that is if he puts in effort in the weight room on his back and shoulders. Dude isn't *that* small, but he manages to look smaller than he even is because he doesn't even look like he works out.

Syder

Seems sent out to die.

They could have at least released it in January.

Kids will still want to see Star Wars over Jumanji. I'm not sure how well they work opposite each other.

Odd move.
I feel like everyone old enough to remember Jumanji is too old to want to see it now, kind of like Goosebumps, and no one, of any age, is going to choose to watch Jumanji over Star Wars.

RIP

The only way Adam Cole ever does that is if he puts in a modicum of effort on his back and shoulders. Dude isn't *that* small, but he manages to look smaller than he even is.

He'll be fine. Triple H is almost literally in love with the guy. He chased him down for years trying to sign him. He's going to push him enough in NXT that he'll get a big initial push on the main roster, which will mean he'd have to have stuff go really wrong for that not to stick. He's a really good promo and can work. Combine that with the likely initial push, and the odds are very much in his favor.

People will try to cite Sami as an example otherwise, but there are key differences. Sami was never pushed to the degree Cole will be in NXT, and even then I think a lot of Sami's momentum was hurt by his injury being so terribly timed.

Sephzilla

They probably put out those jumanji trailers so early because they knew they needed to get word out first because Star Wars will smother it after the next Last Jedi trailer drops

Sephzilla

Batista got to...

-- Be one of the most memorable characters of a breakout hit movie that also happens to be tied to the Marvel money train.
-- Be in the sequel to one of the more respected sci-fi movies ever, which is getting great reviews
-- Be a Bond villain and generally be considered one of the more entertaining things in the movie

Big Dave made it. I'm happy for him.

Top Bottom