• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

I'm always up for watching awkward MMA vs wrestler matches, just as long as it doesn't take over the whole show like it did during the worst of Inoki's New Japan, then I'm fine with it. You never know, it could be surprisingly good.

Jamie OD

I'm always up for watching awkward MMA vs wrestler matches, just as long as it doesn't take over the whole show like it did during the worst of Inoki's New Japan, then I'm fine with it. You never know, it could be surprisingly good.

Same here. It can be fascinating seeing different martial arts mesh with pro wrestling. Loved watching the sambo guys in FMW who just grabbed people, lifted them up and let gravity do the rest of the work.

That was probably my favourite match so far (Yujiro vs Naito), totally wasn't expecting that to be as great as it was. Yujiro catching Naito in mid-air and hitting a deadlift German was so awesome.

OK, that match was all kinds of awesome. Started a bit slow, but the last 10 minutes were fantastic. Marufuji's was in fine form here. Also, looking forward to
Nakamura vs Suzuki
!!

Kaladin

1380806_10151701473661443_645207559_n.jpg

Ithil

Putting an ice pack on his arm for the post-match after Tanahashi worked on it all match, that's great detail to selling.

Match of the Year so far, I really doubt anything's going to be able to top it for me. Amazing match and what a fantastic rivalry Tanahashi vs Okada has been.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so ready to watch my VOD of koPW. Dying here seeing these reactions, but OFF TO WORK

Kaladin

Extreme Rising is coming back. They're going to be announcing today that Shane Douglas is gone from the promotion, they're going to have a television show in the Philly area and they will be the first promotion to run the newly re-opened ECW Arena in December.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From viewing the NJPW results, Gracies in NJPW...not looking forward to that, but like Boots said, you never know. Sometimes you can get magic.

Also some flavor text from the inestimable puro_yottsume via Twitter:

(Read in reverse, bottom to top)

QNeATzi.png

Aiii

So not worth it
I just realised why Cena is in the WHC match for Hell in a Cell.

The answer?
Total Divas, either Bryan wins the title and Cena doesn't, causing Bellas drama. Or they want a feel good "both of our boyfriends won the championship." storyline.

What was going on there? That's a crazy spot.

I just realised why Cena is in the WHC match for Hell in a Cell.

The answer?
Total Divas, either Bryan wins the title and Cena doesn't, causing Bellas drama. Or they
want a feel good "both of our boyfriends won the championship." storyline.
Maybe the drama is Nikki thinks her BF is #1 in the heelish manner she is portrayed in. The girls create a rivalry by barbing their boyfriends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SGdSV1g.jpg

in honour of the upcoming shoot fighters doing wrestling:

Jérôme Le Banner vs Kazuyuki Fujita
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbT8MEcNMVU

Josh Barnett vs Masked Ultimate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHViW3gxXu8

Keiji Muto vs Don Frye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6YXb6J73Q

Goldberg vs Tank Abbott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAAO4OfvXY

Ken Shamrock vs Mankind vs The Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNKFgehQ1yQ

Seen some of these but not all. Thanks for this. You're a scholar!

Penguin

Apparently TNA made a bigger offer to Hogan than WWE did. Expect him to stay.

Wow, I bet that will sit well with the TNA roster.

Hogan has done next to nothing for the company, and can't really wrestle... probably the reason WWE lowballed him as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly think Dixie Carter has brain damage. And I bet she was spoiled as a kid, so her dad doesn't say, 'Are you fucking stupid?'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Smart move for Huk Hoggin, all he has to do is sit and wait for TNA to vanish.

Jesus that main event was amaizng

Okada/tanahashi is the best rival since Austin /rock

Easily the best ppv of the year. Hell in a what ?
Also

Okada champion of the universe!

Also nest months interdental match is going to be great

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oh maaaaaaaaaaan

thanks guys for the info!

got me hyped on this shitty monday

wooooooooooooooo

And it IS a shitty monday. I need to get the Essence of McMahon up in this piece somehow and transform us into the well-oiled machine that we are, but...our NJPW viewers are all sweepies now due to staying up so late.

Apparently TNA made a bigger offer to Hogan than WWE did. Expect him to stay.

Hogan could probably still do Wrestlemania 30 because with moves like that I give it a strong chance TNA wont exist by then.

I feel sorry for the rest of the TNA roster working for pennies. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
While I was perusing gaming-side's topics to see if there was a hive that needed to be kicked, I came across the Pokemon XY STORY SPOILERS thread
jblE0eYZF9Kqgk_e.jpg

jmdajr

It's just insanity. The show isn't going to do any better with Hogan. Spread the wealth on the roster talent.

Why must they suffer for Hogan's misfortunes with his gold digging wife????

Top Bottom