• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Maybe EC3 is gonna make a challenge or something. And then, like Jay Bradley or whoever answers it. Alright yeah small roster. Is Lei'd Tapa supposed to be doing something with Velvet Sky? That'd be a terrible match, btw. TNA's answer to Brie Bella/Tamina

They could probably just put the gauntlet on the actual show

Jamie OD

Meanwhile in Japan an 18-person Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament was held to determine the No. 1 contender for DDT's title. I guarantee it was more over than the entire Bound For Glory Series.

2013102059.jpg

Big show gave mad Ox a concussion

Raw General Manager Brad Maddox suffered more than a loss of face after being hit with a KO Punch from Big Show on Friday’s SmackDown. WWE.com can confirm that Maddox has suffered a concussion after being knocked out by the fired giant, who had been allowed to attend the show and air his grievances towards The Authority and ended up blasting Maddox with his signature strike instead.

WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson confirmed the diagnosis with WWE.com.

“[Brad Maddox] was knocked out, he did lose consciousness,” said Sampson. “[We] took him back to the training room and did some neurological tests on him, which were normal. He did have some slow papillary reaction, which goes along with a concussion, so at this point we have diagnosed him with a concussion.”

That's unfortunate. I knew he took the whole punch, since no one slumps knees first if they can help it. I hope for his sake that he recovers.

G-Fex

Oh wow BFG is in San Diego

anyone want to give me a ride? I'm sure we'll get free tickets to get inside.

it'd be a fun way to kill time today

How will Maddox ever get over if he can't wrestle!?

God, I hate Big Show's finisher. Did they get rid of his chokeslam because it was a "choke" move their toy makers don't think the Little Jimmies could handle? Was it his back? I must know!

gurudyne

Big show gave mad Ox a concussion

Is that kayfabe? It reads like it. If not, for fuck's sake, he screwed up the most pitifully awkward, basic and slow finisher in the WWE. It's a fake, 5mph punch with a loosely balled fist practically thrown from the elbow. How can he not have mastered that thing?

Enfinit

Is that kayfabe? It reads like it. If not, for fuck's sake, he screwed up the most pitifully awkward, basic and slow finisher in the WWE. It's a fake, 5mph punch with a loosely balled fist practically thrown from the elbow. How can he not have mastered that thing?

I can't think of a current big guy who's finisher isn't lame. Henry's World's Strongest Slam, Khali's Chop... All really, really lame.

strobogo

Banned
What really sucks is that Big Show's punch looked great when he came back in 2008 after actually doing boxing training. It looked like a legitimate strike that would knock someone out. Now he just does a basic fake looking wrestling punch.

G-Fex

What really sucks is that Big Show's punch looked great when he came back in 2008 after actually doing boxing training. It looked like a legitimate strike that would knock someone out. Now he just does a basic fake looking wrestling punch.

maybe the weak looking punch has instant KO Power?

Big Show is cheating :\

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't think of a current big guy who's finisher isn't lame. Henry's World's Strongest Slam, Khali's Chop... All really, really lame.

What? World's Strongest Slam is a great finisher. It's simple and it pays to Henry's strengths. He lifts you up and drops his weight on you. Done.

DMczaf

How about Big Dope just retires and never wastes my time again?

Fuck him and his soon to be main event match at WM with Triple COO.

strobogo

Banned
What? World's Strongest Slam is a great finisher. It's simple and it pays to Henry's strengths. He lifts you up and drops his weight on you. Done.

He normally doesn't drop his weight on anyone, though. Rarely does it look like he's even trying for that. He might as well just do a hard slam. It'd be easier on his knees and get the same thing across.

G-Fex

Debut match on Raw. Masters hit Stevie with the Polish Hammer (sideways Double Axe Handle) and broke his nose so bad it was moved two inches to the side.

Gooooddamn

that sucks

If show botched a top of the head axe handle he could fuck up someones neck

Hoarr

Neo Member
Thank you, sir. I had that Dazzle set on the top of my list of things to look into. Not looking to use it often, so that price is pretty good for what I need.

Hoarr

Neo Member
I would just use an emulator. There is no need to spend money to capture playing Nitro/Thunder/Mayhem/Backstage Assault.

Ehh... I know nothing about worthwhile N64 and PlayStation emulators PLUS I already have the games just lying around.

Might be neat to screw around with for a weekend.

Kenny King should totally be in that Ultimate X match, he's got that beef with AA. Overall not a bad card but TNA is TNA

It was wonderful to see how long those Triple Threat Rules for normal X Division matches lasted. They should've let Sonjay have the belt for a minute instead of putting it on Manicide right then and there. If the company makes it to the next Destination X it won't be him cashing it in for Option C anyway. And speaking of Kenny King where is he? He just disappeared for some reason right as when the Ultimate X match was starting to take shape. While he was in the ring.

Who I got for tonight anyway.

AJ over Bully
Magnus over Sting
Angle over Roooooooooooooo
Jeff Hardy wins Ultimate X
Bad Influence wins the Gauntlet and then loose to Storm/Gunner
Lei'd Tapa with the interference in the Knockouts Title Match
EC3 to do jack shit.

Should be an interesting PPV for TNA standards anyhow.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
TO THE BACK. Macho's dames try to get Nash to get in their limo. They want him to open a bottle of champagne for them. Nash is pretty sure it is a trap, but gets in the limo once he finds Savage isn't in it. The girls shut the door and SWERVE, Randy Savage is the driver! WHERE TO, STEPHANIE?! A white hummer repeatedly rams the limo. BUT WHO WAS LIMO?!? BUT WHO WAS HUMMER?!? There were two cameras in the limo, both of which were definitely controlled by a camera man. So, did they die, too?

ibxqJynXFlf0HT.gif

iRV4KR1noxZ29.gif

You know what would have been a great idea? Buying old mostly gutted limos, and smashing those. No, instead WCW decided with Turner money to just buy a brand new limo each time just about every time.

tm24

Meanwhile in Japan an 18-person Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament was held to determine the No. 1 contender for DDT's title. I guarantee it was more over than the entire Bound For Glory Series.

2013102059.jpg

I can also guarantee that every match actually happened!

People, add my FC! I need friends for the Safari!

4983-5096-5352

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey guys, how come people on gaming side that complain about how 'dumbed down' modern games are don't just go post on racket boy or something instead of a site that mostly focuses on what's new?

At least the kid who's excited about Call of Duty 8 can still express excitement without having to play games that rely on a time when you weren't such a piece of negative trash.

G-Fex

Hey guys, how come people on gaming side that complain about how 'dumbed down' modern games are don't just go post on racket boy or something instead of a site that mostly focuses on what's new?

At least the kid who's excited about Call of Duty 8 can still express excitement without having to play games that rely on a time when you weren't such a piece of negative trash.

what's racket boy? It's not that modern shooters are dumbed down but they're also unfun. Least to me they are, but I'm a old FPS fanboy so that's just me.

I don't care about call of duty but I'm not going to go to every thread and whine and bitch about it, I'm assuming that's what people are doing in the launch trailer thread since they're intent on hating it.

Like I said before gaming side is a snake pit an unfun compound of bitching and tantrum throwing.

I however like picking on megaman fanboys whining about his death, that'll never get old.

Top Bottom