• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
Did Ric have a stroke right before that segment? Dude sounded like Dick Clark doing the countdown after his stroke.

I hope you guys know what you're doing to me by asking me to watch this garbage.

G-Fex

Did Ric have a stroke right before that segment? Dude sounded like Dick Clark doing the countdown after his stroke.

I hope you guys know what you're doing to me by asking me to watch this garbage.

Is a crap on a bucket on a poll match coming up between Nash and Macho?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The saddest thing is that Nintendo has a beloved wrestling franchise (Nintendo Pro Wrestling) and are buddies with what remains of Aki (Syn Sophia) and yet haven't put the two together to form a more perfect union.

G-Fex

The saddest thing is that Nintendo has a beloved wrestling franchise (Nintendo Pro Wrestling) and are buddies with what remains of Aki (Syn Sophia) and yet haven't put the two together to form a more perfect union.

those morons rather pump out another goofy pokemon game than give us a modern day Pro Wrestling?

Damnit Nintendo.

I want Star Man to return damnit!

The Revolution Pro show was pretty damn fun, not quite on par with some of the PROGRESS shows, overall, but a good show nonetheless. The opening match with Project Ego & The Swords of Essex vs The London Riots, Mark Haskins & Fake Ligero was super fun and a perfect way to start the evening. Next was Michael Elgin vs Noam Dar, replacing the injured Dave Mastiff. Another great bout, Dar is improving leaps and bounds and Elgin's strength is truly freakish in person. 3rd match was Doug Williams vs Sha Samuels, which was OK, but nothing particularly entertaining. Then, just before intermission, we got Prince Devitt (c) vs Ricochet for the British Cruiserweight title. HOLY SHIT, what a fun match. Devitt came out to You're the Best Around and didn't have his awesome jacket, so we assumed he was going to be playing the face, but he soon made use of his usual BULLET CLUB antics. This was easily the best match of the night, just a fantastic, extended version of the Super Jr's match from earlier this year.

After the break, we started things off with Zack Sabre Jr. vs Davey Richards - Zack is amazing and has improved so much since becoming a NOAH regular. Davey got a huge pop and was super over. They wrestled a very technical style match, lots of mat work and submissions and, shock horror, Davey sold the shit out of his arm. I really wonder if the Davey Richards haters have actually watched a match of his in the past two years. The semi-final was the international tag match, with Andy Boy Simmonz & Rampage Brown against Colt Cabana & GRADO. My friend wasn't impressed with GRADO and didn't know why people were freaking out over his entrance, lol. I don't think anyone's pretending that GRADO's a great wrestler or anything, but he's such a charismatic fucker he can't help but win you over. Next, Bret came out to a huge standing ovation, put over the roster, described Tanahashi as one of the best in the world and praised British wrestling. He then took a seat ringside to watch the main event of 'Party' Marty Scurll vs Hiroshi Tanahashi.

I like Marty and he's a face in PROGRESS, but not in Rev Pro it seems, as he was getting a lot of boos. Tanahashi got a freaking huge reaction. The match itself was pretty great. Tana got the upper hand, but then Marty used the EXACT same tactic Tanahashi used against Okada from Monday! He faked the leg injury then took Tana out, before hopping around doing the air guitar, lol. Tanahashi eventually turned the tables and took out Marty's leg, before hitting all his big spots and winning his UK debut with a High Fly Flow (seriously, so impressive in person, he gets a ton of height). Bret Hart came into the ring to put Tanahashi over, but Marty took exception, so Tanahashi floored him with a slingblade and Bret locked in the Sharpshooter! Bret got another ovation, while Tanahashi air guitar'd to Bret's music! Awesome ending to the show and they announced that the special guest for their return to London next March is Ric Flair!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Some photos;

PXsaGs8.jpg

qQmna4A.png

ARQW42k.jpg

tWwrqi0.jpg

DbubfB6.jpg

uluz0Tk.jpg

CBCO0mJ.jpg

Bootaaay?

CIITAAAY!

Yeah, I'm not all that bothered. Wasn't expecting much from the game and, from what I saw in the pub before the RevPro show, we didn't shame ourselves with the performance. I'm sure City fans and FootyGAF in general were harping on about how awful we are (as any club outside of the top 6 are, apparently), but I was pleased by the way we kept having a go and didn't lie down. I think we've turned the corner, now hopefully we can get a fair few points before Christmas.

Kaladin

I use an Avermedia HD-DVR capture card and do it via component, so any capture card that takes component or composite inputs will do!

I need a external device, so probably a Hauppage is what I'd go with.

We'll see if it's worth it when I get WWE 2k14.....if I get the creative juices flowing to do what I want to do.

I need a external device, so probably a Hauppage is what I'd go with.

We'll see if it's worth it when I get WWE 2k14.....if I get the creative juices flowing to do what I want to do.

Ahhh, I gotcha. The Avermedia Live Gamer Portable is pretty good too.

This is gold.

Now the problem is that I will associate Maestro with Stro

I wish I could buy WWE2k14 JUST to put NWA Mountain State Wrestling promotion in it

STRO, THE MAESTRO OF WRESTLING

OOH LA LA

...Also I humbly request you both combine forces to do NWA Mountain State Wrestling in WWE 2K14

Kaladin

I'm thinking of picking up the E-fed crown around these parts and flexing my creativity a bit.

It would be scripted, like Sunny's e-fed but even more so. I want to craft a story and I have an idea of the type of angle I would run, I just need to see if I can do it.

LOL.

This shit is gold. I love it. This tag team has got more enthusiasm and TAKES IT TO THE LIMIT. Unlike OTHER tag teams *CoughshieldCough*

Bunkhouse Boy #2(?) says that Team Mega will never forget the Bunkhouse Boys...again...

Hell, they've even been on the YouTubes...

I love these horrible promos. If somebody put these guys in a wrestling game and gave them "authentic" dialogue, I'd buy it/watch it/consume it

G-Fex

Bunkhouse Boy #2(?) says that Team Mega will never forget the Bunkhouse Boys...again...

Hell, they've even been on the YouTubes...

I love these horrible promos. If somebody put these guys in a wrestling game and gave them "authentic" dialogue, I'd buy it/watch it/consume it

It'd be a lot of work and I couldn't do it.

So if Sandman is indeed going to take over for E-feds well then, best of luck.

Don't crash and burn like my shitty e-fed

Alucard

Banned
Just finished watching Bret/Owen from WMX on DVD again. Such a classic bout. I wish we got more heel/face matches like that today, and that commentators put over storylines as well as Vince and King did in this match.

Some quick notes on Owen's heel work.

-constant heel tactics by Owen...slap to the face, followed by running away and hiding behind the ropes
-sarcastically imitating Bret's limp
-tearing up his glasses at the start of the match
-low blow while the ref isn't looking
-hair pulling to get Bret down onto the mat
-slapping Bret while in the figure four

Man...so good.

bret-owen-bret-hitman-hart-15521910-400-400.jpg

Easily one of my top 5 all-time favourite matches. Maybe even top 3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The cage match is even better

Owen should have been their top heel after that feud. He was on fire, and he got the mannerisms down better than HBK even.

Dragon reminds me of a friend that said hes favorite n64 game was toy story 2. After saying that he ended in a dumpster. I was such a bully when I was young :/

GolazoDan

I'm randomly watching PPVs from 2000 on YouTube, because in the last few years entire shows seem to have become okay to upload. That or everyone uploads them now so they can't take them all down. Summerslam 2000 is a weird show thus far, up to Chris Jericho vs. the pixels in a 2/3 falls match. It is kinda weird how they made these really heated video packages and hyped up these feuds between, like, X-Pac and Road Dogg, or Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler vs. Tazz. Not to be that guy but that's something I wish happened nowadays. The matches themselves weren't too bad either I guess although my expectations were low.

WWF 2000 probably had the most candy jars involved in match finishes of any year.

Oh and Steve Blackman = OP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What was the WWF GBA game with the ridiculous storyline where like Stephanie gets kidnapped or some bs?

I miss wrestling games being as stupid as the show itself.
screen04.jpg

like Wrestlemania XIX

G-Fex

yeah that gameboy game was like a final fight clone but with Austin/Rock/HHH

I4LTp0t.jpg

That figures, I'm beating on Nash with a trashcan and guess who comes in via the rafters?

Stinger himself

Top Bottom