• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

I'll just make em right.
X3ZWnsc.png

Are the WWE/TNA questions looking for a specific wrestler name as an answer, or is it open-ended?

open ended!

Several people have expressed interest into getting into NJPW. I have decided to write little cheat sheet to help ease people into getting into the promotion. some sort desciptions of who these guys are.

- New japan can be found at
http://www.ustream.tv/njpw- for all ippvs

twitter

facebook

Next even is 11/9.13

Power Struggle
I decided to start with the Champs and will get to the rest of the roster later.

First up is the rainmaker

Kazuchika Okada-“Rainmaker”
-Current IWGP heavyweight champion
-co-leader of Chaos[/b]
okada.jpeg

After a brief runs in TNA and CMLL Okada's rise to fame came in 2012 when he pinned then IWGP champ hiroshi tanahshi. Okada returned to Japan reborn as the Rainmaker. Armed with his signature drop kick and Rainmaker finisher Okada has become the a rising star. His rivalry with tanahshi. has been the most talked about feud since Stone cold and the rock laced up their boots.
[red]
Finsher-Rainmaker [/red]
Notable awards

G1 Winner-climax 2012
New japan cup winner- 2013

GIFS
g9PuG.gif
l_zps00bc840c.gif

Shinsuke Nakamura- Strong Style Savior
- Current IWGP Intercontinental champion
- Co leader of CHAOS

022.jpg

Nakamura became the youngest IWGP champion at Age 23. Nakamura was a MMA fighter turned pro wrestler and used a variety of holds and strikes that impressed th New japan brass. But in 2009 he reached he,enlightenment and became the strong style savior. Becoming IWGP champion again and becoming the in Intercontinental champion. Nakaumra and Okada have joined forces to form CHOAS.

FINSIHSER-BOMA Ye(running knee to face)
Notable awards
G1 climax winner -2011

tumblr_mlpcvbjs1i1qbaep1o1_400.gif
ibcDVGCbDQMPcE.gif

Prince Devitt-“Rock N Rolla”
-IWGP Jr. Heaveyweight champ
-Leader of the bullet club

rsz_1rsz_7-5-2013-3-14-23-pm.jpg

Devitt is a student of the New Japan Dojo and SUNFLOWER'S favorite wrestler.A former member of Liger’s CTU, Devitt has become a top heel in new japan with his group the bullet club. After turning on his tag partner Ryusuke Taguchi , he and karl Anderson formed the bullet club. Bullet club is unique in that it is made up of all Gaijins. Bullet club has declared war on new japan.

finisher- Double foot Stomp
Notable awards
- Best of super jr -2013

tumblr_mt5bgeQ4RH1qkz8azo1_500.gif

Tetsuya Naitō- “Stardust Genius”
-current never champion
-current holder of the G1 briefcase which entitles him to a main event at the tokoyo dome show.

images

After being injured in 2012, Naito has comeback with a mission to capture the belt he believes is his, the IWGP championship. After failing to win it over the summer, Naito won the G1 climax and is has set his sight on Tokyo.

notable awards
2013-G1 winner
Finsher- Stardust Press(corkscrew moonsualt)
iQbIsJd5HwKGY.gif

the most baffling thing about this bryan thing is that he has beaten cena and orton clean. how does that make him a B+. why has hr not he brung this up.

For real. I thought he was about to bring it up, but then someone else intervened. Like "we've wrestled each other several times and I've beaten you every time"

October WrassleGAF Results!

How much longer does TNA have?

One year, max.

The Mega Powers Explode - Who was in the right?

Macho Man, huge majority.

I watch TNA for...

#1 answer is "I don't watch TNA"
#2 answer is "Tessmacher ass"

I watch WWE for...

Nothing got more than 2 same votes. Everything from NXT to HHH to Divas Groping to Bo Dallas to John Cena overcoming the odds...everything under the sun.

Is Sting vs Undertaker ever going to happen?

No. Majority vote.

Who was WrassleGAF's Summertime MVP?

Strobogo takes it by a large amount. We'd all be hard pressed to contribute as much as he does to this community. Great guy.

Predict the Wrestlemania XXX Main Event

John Cena vs ________

Almost all answers were John Cena vs someone else, whether it's Taker or Brock or HHH...almost all answers had Cena.

What were Ric Flair's best years?

WCW 86-91

Is Brad Maddox ever going to wrestle again?

Nope.

Which NJPW star has the best chance to make it in WWE?

Shockingly, Karl Anderson takes this one. Nakamura in 2nd place. Special mention to the lone poster who said Davey Boy Smith Jr.

somedevil

It still amazes me with all people know about the backstage news from websites that Chris Jericho still trolls the IWC with his twitter account when it comes to wrestling.

somedevil

Raw viewership 10/21/13

Hour 1 - 3.914 million
Hour 2 - 3.802 million
Hour 3 - 3.759 million
Avg: 3.825

Up 271,000 compared to last year with the go home show of Punk vs Ryback. Amazing a story about TLC generates good ratings and the Giants vs Viking game does 13 million viewers.

You ever hit that Planescape: Torment? The games they are able to finish on their timetable are perfect. The ones they can't are amazing.

I wasn't taking Black Isle into consideration

Anyway, I was way too late to be able to enjoy Planescape: Torment. I didn't play it until 2006 and I just couldn't get into it. I might try again one day. It's just weird considering I liked Fallout 2 and I played that in 2005.

The only Obsidian game I've truly enjoyed is Neverwinter Nights 2.

Aiii

So not worth it
These random drug tests are beyond ridiculous guys.

I kept telling them it was medicinal, but they wouldn't believe me!

I wasn't taking Black Isle into consideration

Anyway, I was way too late to be able to enjoy Planescape: Torment. I didn't play it until 2006 and I just couldn't get into it. I might try again one day. It's just weird considering I liked Fallout 2 and I played that in 2005.

The only Obsidian game I've truly enjoyed is Neverwinter Nights 2.

And that was one hellacious motherfuckin game too! Goddamn NVN2!!!!!!

Someone wants to speak to you Shao Khan

You?

Top Bottom