• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I haven't liked any of their games I've played yet. I bet Metal Gear Rising is great though! I want that on PC

I really liked Infinite Space though really they didn't make it as much as acted as an intermediary between an even smaller publisher and Sega.

rjDsk0B.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
no one bends like that
dark ninja always getting played by aj
I know, right?

I mean when did Platinum make games even half as good as the endless Assassin's Creed and Dynasty Warriors sequels? Never.

Platinum can never make a bad game because even turds like Anarchy Reigns are GOTG OMG KAMIYA-SAMA CUM ON ME

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anarchy Reigns was good fun multiplayer where everyone could enjoy it without too much of a gap between skill levels for any of it's modes. Didn't get enough of a chance by people and I feel was hampered by lack of four player split screen (for those that have friends and four controllers).

oimg

G-Fex has been on a tear. One out of ten posts this month is a Fex post. They've been quality posts, too. I don't think we've seen a performance like this since Spindashing during the Summer of Punk.

Slightconfuse is in the top three but he must not be big on self-disclosure because I couldn't tell you anything about him, maybe it's just me. I couldn't pick out his avatar from a crowd. It's not all about the numbers, dawg.

If only Net_Wrecker could show half his blind, unearned faith to Platinum to WWE, he'd be a bigger fan than Aiii.

Blind unearned faith? lol? I thought Madworld was mediocre and didn't even buy Anarchy Reigns. I know Platinum isn't some end all be all dev, but Bayonetta, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising, and The Wonderful 101 are all great games IMO. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me if I put earned faith in a team who've had a history of making classic after classic for over a decade.

G-Fex

oimg

G-Fex has been on a tear. One out of ten posts this month is a Fex post. They've been quality posts, too. I don't think we've seen a performance like this since Spindashing during the Summer of Punk.

Slightconfuse is in the top three but he must not be big on self-disclosure because I couldn't tell you anything about him, maybe it's just me. I couldn't pick out his avatar from a crowd. It's not all about the numbers, dawg.

Ohhh I get it.

Alright fine, I've been thinking this over myself. And yes I have been pretty much over the line spamming.

I'll leave then, if that's what the community wants. I can spend my time elsewhere hating on guys casting vidya games on twitch.

KenOD

Vanquish is nowhere near as good as Gaf says either. It's alright, but it ain't some Max Payne 1 revelation game.

I never took it as a "revelation game", but I sure had more fun with high scores and trying to improve in skill with Vanquish than any other third person shooter. I'm not one to say everyone should like it or they are playing it wrong somehow, but it really does become amazing to those who can appreciate it (personal opinion mind you) once they figure out how best to slide around, leap, rocket kick to the face, dash slide away, and so forth.

Max Payne on the other hand, I got up until the drug filled follow the blood trail flash back and couldn't play it any more. Bullet time was amazing back then, but I could not see the love for it so many others had. Except the GBA version. Taking the full game and making it isometric and still work out was impressive stuff game design wise.

I've never played Flashback.

She's trying too hard now.

Well not all wrestlers can be Kane, trying to be relevant by being a movie star, taking advice in acting from Roddy Piper and Miz.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of Piper, I tried to celebrate Bad News Brown the other day and no one responded to it. Shows what I get for trying to give back to the community. I'll just stick to posting hot indie girls if Bionic-sama approves.
Except the GBA version. Taking the full game and making it isometric and still work out was impressive stuff game design wise.

Did you ever play the Tony Hawk GBA games?

Ohhh I get it.

Alright fine, I've been thinking this over myself. And yes I have been pretty much over the line spamming.

I'll leave then, if that's what the community wants. I can spend my time elsewhere hating on guys casting vidya games on twitch.

You got the wrong idea there, brother.

First off, You've been gone for like half a year so you're still just catching up.

Second, I like your posts. I legit laughed a few times on these last few pages.

Third, I've made like 3 posts this month. Even though I'm not saying you post too much, if I did (which I would never do), you can't take the opinion of someone who contributed so little to heart.

I just like tracking stats, that's all.

It's perfectly natural to feel bad looking at your post stats. That's why it's called the Wall of Shame.

Speaking of Piper, I tried to celebrate Bad News Brown the other day and no one responded to it. Shows what I get for trying to give back to the community. I'll just stick to posting hot indie girls if Bionic-sama approves.

I listened to some of those interview clips in the related videos of that Andre one you linked, motherfucka. AND I even watched that one where he's arguing with Jack Tunney AND a few videos of him Ghetto Blastering some fools.
you shouldn't NOT continue posting hot indie girls though

And Vanquish was baller as hell. I was ok with playing it once though.

July Wrasslin' |OT| Revenge Of The Goatface Killah

I was on a tear that month. Only a member for a month and i made the wall oh god what am i doing with life

KenOD

I've never actually seen one of Piper's movies, but I thought he did a good job in RoboCop: The Series and ITV's Celebrity Wrestling where he had to pretend he didn't hate every single segment of it.

Speaking of Piper, my favourite match of his. Wrestlemania VIII. Not the greatest feud, not the greatest match, but for all his abilities as a wrestler, I thought Piper put on a good in-ring story with Bret Hart with all that lead into it with their mutual history and what type of wrestlers they represented.
http://youtu.be/A-GMyeuWVIk?t=37m15s

Shame that is also the last Piper match I enjoyed.

Did you ever play the Tony Hawk GBA games?

Oh aye, loved them. I'm sure I played THPS2 on GBA more than I did the entire franchise on home consoles. I just loved it and felt it was one of the perfect hand held games back then. They did an amazing job there turning it isometric but keep the feel of it entirely intact, and in my mind improving it a bit by better stage design for the small things such as rail placement.
I was let down with the GBA version of Sk8land though, it didn't feel or look as good.

bean stop revealing so much about your process, it kills the mystique.

"Weird forum detective who remembers everything and is Mexican for some reason now." That's your motivation. Action.

Nose Master

I wish they would just do the beard vs. ____ match against bryan and have him lose, already. Giant mountain-man beards are fine, but his is patchy and shitty neckbeard tier. I wish they never embraced it as part of his character.

KenOD

I wish they would just do the beard vs. ____ match against bryan and have him lose, already. Giant mountain-man beards are fine, but his is patchy and shitty neckbeard tier. I wish they never embraced it as part of his character.

Sheamus attacks WWE Champion Bryan from behind, has the backing of the Authority to do whatever it takes. They fight for a couple of months before Sheamus kidnaps Bella (he has no problems with serious crimes after all) and is willing to give her back unless Bryan wagers the most precious thing in the world to him, the beard. The WWE Championship is now worthless and Bryan agrees, because the beard matters more due to it selling tee shirts.

Wrestlemania XXX, Sheamus vs WWE Championship in a match for ownership of Bella or the Beard. Sheamus wins in 19 seconds, cuts off Bryans beard. The following Raw, the biggest night of the year for WWE, Sheamus comes out wearing Bryan's beard as the new face of the WWE.

Seriously though, it really does need to go or at least properly maintained and structured.

Blind unearned faith? lol? I thought Madworld was mediocre and didn't even buy Anarchy Reigns. I know Platinum isn't some end all be all dev, but Bayonetta, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising, and The Wonderful 101 are all great games IMO. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me if I put earned faith in a team who've had a history of making classic after classic for over a decade.

But do any of Platinum's games have gameplay this deep? Or combos this long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3gn7O8dcI

Yeah, didn't think so, bitch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bionic proves my point pretty well, actually. I never said Platinum was bad. I said they were overrated and there's this weird cult-like following. They act like Kamiya is funnier than he is because 'senpai please notice me'. But Bionic obsesses over things I played in the past, things I never even said 'this is better than Platinum.' As if, 'how dare you say anything about Kamiya-san's based company.'

Wait, so Dragonzord, you're an Assassin's Creed and Dynasty Warriors mark?

Because if you are, you have some nerve criticizing my tastes, yo. Let's put all our cards on the table. This isn't business it's personal. Phil vs Paul, son.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He thinks I'm an AC mark because it's the only thing I'm buying with a PS4. AC games suck, but I don't give a shit about Killzone or sports games and no one cares about Knack.

I think every AC after 2 has been a let-down, even Brotherhood. Dynasty Warriors is like wrestling. A guilty pleasure that I don't like talking about.

Sokantish

Uh, Assassin's Creed does not suck. Brotherhood was amazing. Better than 2. I've liked all of the Assassin Creed's so far. I haven't played the iOS/handheld ones though
Ohhh I get it.

Stop being so sensitive, it's no fun for anyone! As a wrestling fan you should be use to bullying

KenOD

Best Assassin's Creed is the side-scrolling action game for DS.

But do any of Platinum's games have gameplay this deep? Or combos this long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3gn7O8dcI

Yeah, didn't think so, bitch.

Well http://youtu.be/bKtePkxZe70 , though it's a bit different as all enemies in Bayonetta can actually fight back unlike Warriors.

Not that I don't love a couple Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors franchise, Orochi, and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 & 3. No guilt for me admitting I like them, few other games give me the sense of capturing a field like they do.

He thinks I'm an AC mark because it's the only thing I'm buying with a PS4. AC games suck, but I don't give a shit about Killzone or sports games and no one cares about Knack.

I think every AC after 2 has been a let-down, even Brotherhood. Dynasty Warriors is like wrestling. A guilty pleasure that I don't like talking about.

I might pick up AC4 as a 2nd game (even though Revelations was meh and 3 sucked so bad I skipped it) and I understand guilty pleasures, so I won't attack those points, but I don't understand how Platinum is overrated. GAF is like the only major site that praises them at this level. You even said it yourself that TW101 will sell like 2 1/2 copies. They're barely rated at all in the big picture.

it also just so happens that they make amazing games, and :bow: Kamiya, and lol Dragonzord plays Dynasty Warriors u suck those are babby's first combat game grow up and be a real man

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, but I don't care about what other boards say. I only post on Gaf, so it's not like I'm talking in the general sense or about other sites. Obsidian's overrated around here too, but I still like them a lot.

u just mad dynasty warriors gets 8 sequels for dem sales and kamiya lucky he got 1 sequel. clueless about pc games imo

Yeah, but I don't care about what other boards say. I only post on Gaf, so it's not like I'm talking in the general sense or about other sites. Obsidian's overrated around here too, but I still like them a lot.

u just mad dynasty warriors gets 8 sequels for dem sales and kamiya lucky he got 1 sequel. clueless about pc games imo

ibsyMMVompV7GX.gif

Top Bottom