• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

TNA let's go!

TPhN45f.gif

1ZHmplq.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Shield was better, but the idea of an indie darling hating Foley for his popularizing dangerous hardcore BS for dumbass backyard wrestlers to copy IS a pretty good storyline, though WWE would never do it because there's not really a clear bad guy in such a story.
Isn't it just a redo of Foley's storyline in ECW where he would discourage guys from doing hardcore stuff that he inspired and telling them to go sign with WCW, instead?

Only about 8 hours until New Japan's next iPPV and the first round of the Super Jr's tag tournament!

NJPW, "ROAD TO POWER STRUGGLE", 2013.12.25
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 02:30 West Coast

01. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs BUSHI & Valiente
02. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: Brian Kendrick & Barreta vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
03. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs The World Class Tag Team (Jado & Gedo)
04. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
05. Young Lion Challenge Match: Sho Tanaka vs Minoru Suzuki
06. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Captain New Japan vs Manabu Nakanishi & Tomoaki Honma
07. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata & Togi Makabe vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Manabu Nakanishi)
08. Tetsuya Naito & Kota Ibushi vs The Complete Players (Masato Tanaka vs Yujiro Takahashi)
09. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI) vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)

Also, New Japan have confirmed the iPPV schedule up until the end of November and all are now available to pre-order;

10/25: Road to Power Struggle - $15 - Super Jr's tag tournament opening round
11/06: Road to Power Struggle - $15 - Super Jr's tag tournament finals
11/09: Power Struggle - $25 - Okada vs Anderson, Nakamura vs Suzuki, Naito vs Tanaka
11/23: World Tag League 2013 - $15 - opening night of the IWGP Heavyweight tag league

The World Tag League final on 12/08 will likely be an iPPV as well.

Do they leave the VOD up? I'm interested in buying this but I don't think I can do 2:30 AM.

Alucard

Banned
That was a great back-and-forth to start the show. Dixie did really well, and AJ sounded genuine as well.

My only question is...if AJ doesn't have a contract, how can Dixie force him to have a re-match? Did I missed something? (missed the first 3 minutes or so of the show)

somedevil

That was a great back-and-forth to start the show. Dixie did really well, and AJ sounded genuine as well.

My only question is...if AJ doesn't have a contract, how can Dixie force him to have a re-match? Did I missed something? (missed the first 3 minutes or so of the show)

He is not under contract anymore. So really he shouldn't even be there or be forced to do a match. The whole thing makes no sense.

edit: So he doing this match for free then?

Alucard

Banned
At least AJ mentioned the lack of contract, and that he wants to fight because "that's what a champion does." Meh...kind of a weak way to get around that little detail, but it's good enough for me.

At least AJ mentioned the lack of contract, and that he wants to fight because "that's what a champion does." Meh...kind of a weak way to get around that little detail, but it's good enough for me.
Yeah I can take that for now.
I love Bully. He's so good. Mr Anderson is back. I would have been happy if he introduced himself. Always loved that. Crowd was hot through it all.

Don't know about you guys but I thought the opening segment was really good.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, the first 25 minutes of Impact were REALLY good IMO. You can tell they rehearsed that, and the images were all perfect. Can't believe I got excited to see Mr. Anderson.

We got an intense AJ Styles. A heat magnet in Dixie. Bully calling himself a god. And Mr. Anderson returning to exact revenge on Bully. I'm down. This is some pretty complex storytelling for a wrestling show.

Ithil

So Bischofff leaves and the first 25 minutes of the first Impact afterwards is the best opening they've had in ages. Coincidence?

Alucard

Banned
One segment too long.

Yeah, but forgivable due to the crowd still being mega-hot, especially when Dixie came out to interrupt Anderson. Not the best return promo from him, but the crowd was really into him.

If the rest of the show can keep this up, this -could- be an excellent Impact.

Alucard

Banned
The right result and booking in that match. Continue to establish Lei'D Tapa as a difference maker and wicked force.

Guys...45 minutes in, and I'm really enjoying Impact. WTF is happening?

They're really putting
Kassius Ohno
to work at the NXT tapings. Apparently he wrestled 5 times during the course of 4 tapings. I think he won a couple too.

Alucard

Banned
"From Muscle Shorts, Alabama...Dewey Barnes!"

LOL.

I'm loving this. And Taz is actually killing me with how he's selling this. Haha.

The right result and booking in that match. Continue to establish Lei'D Tapa as a difference maker and wicked force.

Guys...45 minutes in, and I'm really enjoying Impact. WTF is happening?
Someone said Bischoff left. So could that have something to do with it? I don't want to question but we are off to a good start!

I hope they give Hunico a good gimmick or a lucha mask. He's a safe worker so he can work the lucha style without hurting anyone or hurting himself

Alucard

Banned
This has all been good stuff, but I wish we'd seen at least one legit quality match in that first hour. Ah well. Still enjoying the show.

Ithil

Disappointed that the NXT tapings
have no debut by Kalisto or Solomon Crowe. I'm really itching to have some Del Sol and Callihan on the WWE stage. It seems like they aren't going to be debuting on TV until 2014 at this point.

Top Bottom