• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People went on long insane rants about why it was worse. I still believe it was simply for not being Japanese. Gaming bigotry at it's finest.

Some of it surely was.

Even more of it was bias (largely justified may I add) towards the company developing it and its shitty games.

I thought it played ok. Worse than 3 and 1, about the same as 4 and way better than 2.

Entropia

No One Remembers
TAKa vs Tajiri for the WNC title

Funaki will be the special ref, Indeed

tumblr_mv8fpeLyq61qj1jhno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mv8fpeLyq61qj1jhno2_250.jpg

Sheiiiiiiiiit I'd watch that.

jmdajr

Some of it surely was.

Even more of it was bias (largely justified may I add) towards the company developing it and its shitty games.

I thought it played ok. Worse than 3 and 1, about the same as 4 and way better than 2.

People act like the game was broken. I didn't even step into the threads at all while playing it. Game mechanics were good, solid, nothing was wrong with it. It was just different.

I was just kind of shocked. Maybe I played the wrong game!

strobogo

Banned
Quite sure Taka vs Tajiri happened in 1997 WWF during the light heavyweight tournament. I still can't believe Vince put so much hype into Taka when he had zero plans or interest in the cruisers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Quite sure Taka vs Tajiri happened in 1997 WWF during the light heavyweight tournament. I still can't believe Vince put so much hype into Taka when he had zero plans or interest in the cruisers.

Vince from about 1993 on basically changed his mind on everything in three week cycles. So during the Attitude era someone would come up with an idea to get x guy from Japan or Mexico or whatever and then bring in x/y/z to make a Cruiserweight division to compete with WCW, he'd nag Vince into going along with it and by the time that was set up they'd change where they were going with it.

The post invasion roster was the only time they actually had the guys in place for the most part to run with the idea, and they did for a bit until they got bored with it and went a different direction.

jmdajr

Keeping up with changing of topic, I got a lot of Heat yesterday going Straight Edge in an alcohol related thread.

I suppose I could have been nicer but I truly started feeling some Heel tendencies coming out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Keeping up with changing of topic, I got a lot of Heat yesterday going Straight Edge in an alcohol related thread.

I suppose I could have been nicer but I truly started feeling some Heel tendencies coming out.

As a chronically sober person (who isn't militant about it at all, just would rather be in control of myself at all times) I sometimes get flak for saying that all drunk people are annoying.

Which they are.

Especially the people who think they are funny drunks.

somedevil

For Next Impact after AJ left:

Rick D just sent word that Dixie Carter announced an 8 man tournament to crown a new champion on the 10/31 edition of Impact.

Man, they are directly copying the Punk angle now.

jmdajr

As a chronically sober person (who isn't militant about it at all, just would rather be in control of myself at all times) I sometimes get flak for saying that all drunk people are annoying.

Which they are.

Especially the people who think they are funny drunks.

Well let's see my dad was basically an alcoholic. It was weird because he was actually a worse person WITHOUT the alcohol. He wasn't abusive or anything, but fuck ... just some embarrassing moments. Some scary ones too. Drinking and driving anyone? ugh.

I also hate taking care of drunk people. Especially violent ones. Such an annoyance.

And this one time I almost died of alcohol poisoning. That was fun.

Overall alcohol doesn't make me a better person to be around with. Makes me lethargic and I lose my train of thought.

One thing on my death bed that I won't regret is thinking I should of drank more.

All that said, I still go out with people that drink and don't lecture anyone about it. Hell I got pissed at someone at work that lectured me about gluten. FUCKING GLUTEN!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm kind of glad I grew up in an era where being the DD is appreciated. I usually get free drinks/apps/deserts or whatever for keeping my friends safe, and that's from the establishments! On these excursions I rarely end up paying anything at all or get free gas money.

It was far more annoying in high school and college when I'd actually have to baby these drunks. Oh hey let's spend 16-20 years trying to act grown up only to piss yourself get into dangerous ass shit when you're full grown and are supposed to be a rational actor in your life's affairs.

I don't think it is fair to say that all drunk people are annoying.

Actually drunk. Not buzzed. Not tipsy. If you can beat a breathalyzer you're definitely not drunk. The legal limit is actually a fairly good indicator in my book of about when most people who've been drinking get annoying.

Some handle it far better than others.

Oh of course. There are drunk people who are annoying to others regardless if you are sober or drunk. Some people don't know their limits, some do but they choose to go past it every time. Aggressive drunks are the worse. No one wants to fuck with you just leave us alone.

All this talk is going to bring on the next edition of Wrasslegaf's own Friday night Drunktropia.

Liar Miz? well he did call himself "the most must see WWE champion" so it's not wrong.

strobogo

Banned
I think it is pretty lame when people label themselves as Straight Edge. Until WCW ruined my life, I went 25 years without drinking or smoking and never once thought it needed a label. If you don't drink, you don't drink. Why does that have to BE something? Be who you are, not what a label says you are. If someone offers you a drink, you say, "No thanks" or "No thanks, I don't drink". You don't say, "No, I'm straight edge. That means I'm better than you".

I've been offered many drinks and I've always said no thanks and it has never been an issue. The only drinks I accept are the ones I make while watching WCW and wishing I had died 10 years ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think it is pretty lame when people label themselves as Straight Edge. Until WCW ruined my life, I went 25 years without drinking or smoking and never once thought it needed a label. If you don't drink, you don't drink. Why does that have to BE something? Be who you are, not what a label says you are. If someone offers you a drink, you say, "No thanks" or "No thanks, I don't drink". You don't say, "No, I'm straight edge. That means I'm better than you".

I've been offered many drinks and I've always said no thanks and it has never been an issue. The only drinks I accept are the ones I make while watching WCW and wishing I had died 10 years ago.

People like to form groups to make them feel special in their decision. Nothing surprising there. I tend not to truck with labels myself.

I've never put it together but I bet HBK Professor Beefing on Janetty is what really made him so close with Vince. Shawn could fuck up a million times and nearly ruined the WWF forever and Vince never did anything about it.

jmdajr

Yeah I didn't know about Straight Edge until past 2000. Before that I had another label.
Dork!

But everyone knows how it is. It's tough NOT drinking when younger. It's not a big deal when your old and surrounded by adults. Or people you think would be anyway.

jred2k

The only thing Vince loves more than muscles is loyalty. Especially if the person that's loyal to him can make him a lot of money.

I stopped being sXe when I was 24. But back then we did not used that label. People refer to me as boring. Heck, one guy even said that not drinking is worst than being gay. Being sXe was the worst thing you could be.
Now, everyone here respects sXe, even the guy that said that not drinking is worst than being gay. Fuck that guy!

jmdajr

I stopped being sXe when I was 24. But back then we did not used that label. People refer to me as boring. Heck, one guy even said that not drinking is worst than being gay. Being sXe was the worst thing you could be.
Now, everyone here respects sXe, even the guy that said that not drinking is worst than being gay. Fuck that guy!

what a model citizen!

jmdajr

Jim Ross ✔ @JRsBBQ

I'm ready to admit that I don't understand sports entertainment OR pro wrestling any more. #OutofTouch

Top Bottom