• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

tumblr_mu8fffQYor1rkxaj4o1_400.jpg

bjork

During this time, Bruno was involved in a shoot with Dr. Bill Miller. In a tag match with Tony Parisi against Miller and Baron Scicluna, Miller (who had a long amateur wrestling background) decided he would shoot on both Parisi and Bruno. After taking a beating in the ring, Parisi tagged out to Bruno. When Miller attempted to shoot on him, Bruno immediately snapped on a front facelock until Miller bled from his nose and passed out in the middle of the ring. Afterwards, Miller approached Bruno in the dressing room, shook his hand and profusely apologized.

I wish shit like this happened nowadays. Especially if it happened on TV.

While in Japan, Bruno had a confrontation with an up-and-coming Antonio Inoki in an Osaka tag match. At the urging of noted "shooter" Karl Gotch, Inoki attempted to slap a real submission hold on the World Champion and make him quit. Bruno immediately powered out of the hold, pounded Inoki unmercifully and pitched him out of the ring. Inoki ducked Bruno for the rest of the match

Or this! Dude's wiki page is full of great stories.

Piper never wanted the Intercontinental title or any titles. He thought titles were for people who couldn't get over without them. The story behind what happened is that Bret Hart was being heavily courted by WCW...but he was the Intercontinental champion. So they yanked the belt off of him while WWF and WCW fought over him. Bret wanted to stay because he was loyal to Vince. The new guy who took over WCW in January 1992, Kip Allen Frey, was throwing a ton of money to WWF people (WWF didn't do guaranteed contracts back then) to get them to jump. They were also trying to nab Randy Savage and The Rockers. Vince got Savage to stay by telling him he'd put the belt on him at WM8. Marty fucked up the whole Rockers thing and Shawn didn't want to leave anyways.

They put the belt on The Mountie at a random house show two days before the PPV. They knew the idea of the Mountie beating Bret Hart for the title was such a joke, they came up with this idea that he had a 104 (!!!) degree fever and had Bret work the whole match like he was half dead. So Mountie easily won the title and the PPV match became a title match. Piper agreed to hold the belt until they figured out what was going to happen with Bret. Had Bret signed with WCW, Piper was going to drop the belt to Shawn Michaels at WM8. Bret ended up agreeing to stay with the WWF, won the belt back at WM8, and continued on as normal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sid was meant to replace Hogan if you can believe that. Warrior was too limited.

1992 RR is probably my all time favorite PPV.

miserable

Today i found out there is a force stronger than Hulkamania in the universe.
And that is the Sony Defense Force...right here on NeoGAF.

strobogo

Banned
Piper never wanted the Intercontinental title or any titles. He thought titles were for people who couldn't get over without them. The story behind what happened is that Bret Hart was being heavily courted by WCW...but he was the Intercontinental champion. So they yanked the belt off of him while WWF and WCW fought over him. Bret wanted to stay because he was loyal to Vince. The new guy who took over WCW in January 1992, Kip Allen Frey, was throwing a ton of money to WWF people (WWF didn't do guaranteed contracts back then) to get them to jump. They were also trying to nab Randy Savage and The Rockers. Vince got Savage to stay by telling him he'd put the belt on him at WM8. Marty fucked up the whole Rockers thing and Shawn didn't want to leave anyways.

They put the belt on The Mountie at a random house show two days before the PPV. They knew the idea of the Mountie beating Bret Hart for the title was such a joke, they came up with this idea that he had a 104 (!!!) degree fever and had Bret work the whole match like he was half dead. So Mountie easily won the title and the PPV match became a title match. Piper agreed to hold the belt until they figured out what was going to happen with Bret. Had Bret signed with WCW, Piper was going to drop the belt to Shawn Michaels at WM8. Bret ended up agreeing to stay with the WWF, won the belt back at WM8, and continued on as normal.

The Rockers thing is something I just found out about since I didn't know if HBK had become HBK yet. Wiki said the main reason for the split was because they couldn't get along and then Marty tried to work Vince into a bigger contract by saying WCW offered them a huge guaranteed deal. He did this without even telling Shawn. Shawn found out, looked into the WCW deal which was not nearly what Marty had said, and then spilled the beans to Vince because he didn't want to get fucked from what Marty was doing. Yet MARTY is the one who held a grudge for 20 years. It's his fault the team broke up and Shawn was pushed anyway.

Sid was meant to replace Hogan if you can believe that. Warrior was too limited.

1992 RR is probably my all time favorite PPV.

The PPV sucked. The match was awesome. A 15 minute Bushwacker/Beverly Brothers match is not a good thing on any show. The LOD/Natural Disasters match was pretty meh.

My library has the first 2 seasons of Raw set. I might do that once I finish up with WCW. Other things they had were volumes 2 and 3, Rise and Fall of WCW (which I don't think I have covered), and then random PPVs from 2007 and 2008.

jred2k

Wrestling is pretty fascinating when watched with hindsight. All the backstage stuff that eventually leaks out makes what happens on screen make so much more sense.

Gaming side is the cancer of GAF, needs to be removed.

Those guys are not capable of just enjoying their hobby. They need to feel their election is the superior.

G-Fex

All complaints should be kept to reasonable things. LIKE SPORTS!

I think sports fans are more sane than "gamers" as they call themselves.

sports fans don't make up 8 page essays on why japan is far superior to the west and how they're experts at japan.

Jamie OD

sports fans don't make up 8 page essays on why japan is far superior to the west and how they're experts at japan.

But they do make up 20 hours of television a day asking if one person will move to Miami or if some religious guy should get to throw a football.

jmdajr

I had a rant some weeks/months back about how I don't waste time hating on games, tv, movies, wrestling, anime etc. Hobbies are there for me to enjoy. That's it, they serve no other purpose. I don't see what the fuck all the complaining about it. People can't enjoy anything.

jmdajr

The thing about sports is that there is legitimate real life losing and winning involved.

All my other hobbies don't have that aspect. They are just meant to be consumed and enjoyed.

edit: I realize there is competition in gaming, but that's a whole other deal.

G-Fex

I had a rant some weeks/months back about how I don't waste time hating on games, tv, movies, wrestling, anime etc. Hobbies are there for me to enjoy. That's it, they serve no other purpose. I don't see what the fuck all the complaining about it. People can't enjoy anything.

Because they get off on it for some reason. All those people on gaming side are the biggest marks in history.They worship these spokesperson dudes and put them in their avatars and it's ridiculous and kinda weird.

Plus they'll never ever be happy. With anything, ever.

Hence why I'm happy megaman is dead, and they'll constantly bring him up with every goddamn capcom thread.

But they do make up 10 hours of television a day asking if one person will move to Miami or if some religious guy should get to throw a football.

Okay there are some really, ridiculous things that go on in sports that wouldn't have back in the 90's or 80's. Or maybe it would I don't know.

The thing about sports is that there is legitimate real life losing and winning involved.

All my other hobbies don't have that aspect. They are just meant to be consumed and enjoyed.

edit: I realize there is competition in gaming, but that's a whole other deal.

Gaming-Gaf seems to think everytime a review comes out from IGN or whatever for a big blockbuster release that it's the superbowl or world series or whatever.

They're very lives are at stake over it!

jmdajr

Because they get off on it for some reason. All those people on gaming side are the biggest marks in history.They worship these spokesperson dudes and put them in their avatars and it's ridiculous and kinda weird.

Plus they'll never ever be happy. With anything, ever.

Hence why I'm happy megaman is dead, and they'll constantly bring him up with every goddamn capcom thread.

Almost got crucified for saying DMC was good. Shit.

jmdajr

it wasn't bad, it looked really nice too. I traded it in though cause I don't play DMC games anymore. Newer Dante guy grew on me instead of old animu one

People went on long insane rants about why it was worse. I still believe it was simply for not being Japanese. Gaming bigotry at it's finest.

Top Bottom