• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

G-Fex

Bound For Glory was the better PPV

s3IC61c.jpg
s3IC61c.jpg
s3IC61c.jpg
s3IC61c.jpg

are you surprised? i'm not

I honestly am. Three PPV events in a row is a lot. I mean, either you have contempt for your paying audience, or you think they don't have other entertainment options. And clearly, as the low RAW ratings coming off these screwjob shows indicates, the latter isn't true at all.

It is all building to Bryan v The Undertaker at Wrestlemania as Bryan tries to prove he is "the one". Give it time, the WWE knows how to build these things up properly.

Toki767

I honestly am. Three PPV events in a row is a lot. I mean, either you have contempt for your paying audience, or you think they don't have other entertainment options. And clearly, as the low RAW ratings coming off these screwjob shows indicates, the latter isn't true at all.

WWE is just trying to teach the fans to not cheer for anyone they don't want being over. That's really all there is to it. They've been doing it for years now.

Alucard

Banned
Annoying ending. Where does Bryan go from here? Versus HHH or HBK? And what the heck does Big Show have to do with this?

Overbooking 101.

Ripclawe

Banned
The only thing that would make the WWE actually book to make money instead of egos would be someone in a well read business mag or site like Bloomberg or WSJ saying how Vince and his son in law are leaving money on the table.

The only thing

Paracelsus

Annoying ending. Where does Bryan go from here? Versus HHH or HBK? And what the heck does Big Show have to do with this?

Overbooking 101.

When the title is disputed both partecipants have the right to a rematch in case they get defeated, so another wwe championship match.

Well Punk should be out of the Punkverse now. Bryan will probably be phased/held down by HHH in storyline till he defies the odds and wins the Rumble starting at #1

Valentus

FUCK YOU HHH I WONT DO IT

*tackle of orton to hbk*

NOOOO MY FACE OF THE COMPANY, LETS ENTER THE CAGE TO SCREW

*knee to the face to hhh*

NOOOO MAH HOMIE HHH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE DANIEL PLSSSSSS

*Superkick to bryan*

YOU KNOW WHAT, FUCK YOU, IM GOING BACK TO DEER HUNTING

Wow... Even I think that main event sucked and I'm the guy who's a super apologist for everything the WWE does. Not only that, but Bryan's "Move That Beat John Cena" and Shawn's Superkick both looked like they missed by a mile. Ugh. Just ugh.

G-Fex

People worship Punkverse

Punkverse contains the worst feud around today.

Punkverse ends with Punk beating up old fat man.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also something really bugging me - WWE's production has become total amateur hour the past several months, tonight was a total shitfest from the start with preshow having the Spanish commentary audible in the background for all 30 minutes. So many moves missed because the camera decides to focus on random people in the audience or zoom ins way too far on the guy on the top rope so you can't actually see what hes doing.

Wow... Even I think that main event sucked and I'm the guy who's a super apologist for everything the WWE does. Not only that, but Bryan's "Move That Beat John Cena" and Shawn's Superkick both looked like they missed by a mile. Ugh. Just ugh.

I've seen Portia Perez do better superkicks than HBK's tonight.

And even though I'm a fan of Portia Perez, that's not a complement.

Also something really bugging me - WWE's production has become total amateur hour the past several months, tonight was a total shitfest from the start with preshow having the Spanish commentary audible in the background for all 30 minutes. So many moves missed because the camera decides to focus on random people in the audience or zoom ins way too far on the guy on the top rope so you can't actually see what hes doing.

That always happens at pre-shows though since its time they would be testing the tv feed. They always have mess ups on it audio cutting, entrance music randomly playing, open mics, they even sometimes forget to cut the feed and leave in the part where Justin Roberts tells the crowd to get excited as they are about to be on PPV. The camera cuts is inexcusable though that's been a more recent problem

Ithil

So basically, this particular run of Bryan's, is dead in the water thanks to these four screwjob PPV endings in a row. Best bet is to mix it up for the next two months, then have him win the Rumble and take the title at Wrestlemania from whoever, and start a new run at the top there.

Just draw a line under this one. Whatever they were trying to go for, they failed miserable and ruined his enormous momentum.

G-Fex

So does this end with Bryan vs Cena at Mania? HHH can't stand putting Bryan over?

I better put the young talent over. Ok Orton you're champ now!

So seriously why give the championship for a whole year to the snoozefest that is CM Punk but won't even give a month to Daniel Bryan?

If WWE seriously think Daniel Bryan was the problem with the last few PPV's....... christ.

WWE should buy TNA and merge the brands because they are made for one another.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So basically, this particular run of Bryan's, is dead in the water thanks to these four screwjob PPV endings in a row. Best bet is to mix it up for the next two months, then have him win the Rumble and take the title at Wrestlemania from whoever, and start a new run at the top there.

Just draw a line under this one. Whatever they were trying to go for, they failed miserable and ruined his enormous momentum.

There is no line here. Bryan's time as a main eventer is cooked. He's stuck at midcard status for life now. Maybe they'll put him in a feud with Ambrose for the US Championship.

Top Bottom