• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

The weird thing is that they went through the trouble to give Daniel Bryan custom WWE title sideplates for the one night he actually held the title before it was vacated.

Nameless

Jimmy may not be able to do his entrance right, but he has nice taste

AcYEu7Z.jpg

Christ

i wonder what compels some folks to watch. i don't buy the "been watching for years" excuse. i watched WCW Nitro from day one to the last day and when WWF bought them i knew they were done (even more so than before) so i quit.

does Vince add crack or heroin to broadcast? it can't be lack of options.

That excuse actually does have some merit, though. One of the smartest guys I know on another forum still keeps it on as background noise every week. He knows the shows are bad, he knows that there's very few compelling guys left on the roster, and he knows that things are going to get worse before they get better. But he just does something else while it's on. He only keeps Raw on because at this point, it's like "comfort food."

If something actually exciting happens, then he just has to turn his head to the TV to see what's up. If not, then he can keep grading papers. In either case, he's not losing anything by having it on. It's just been part of his routine. I admit to have done the same thing, but when I mentioned last year that i was going to stop watching for a couple months, I meant it. I just wish some others here who claim to have quit WWE would actually follow through.

Anth0ny

As consistently solid as this ppv is this is true, so many cash ins and weak reigns produced from some of them has really grinded the whole gimmick into the ground.

For a while, if someone was holding the briefcase, you got the feeling that the company was behind that person and they were going to get a solid push at some point in the future.

The it became... MITB holder becomes a jobber, but hey, they have that briefcase and at SOME point they're gonna cash it in and become champ. It could lead to something decent (Bryan) or they could fuck it up horribly (Ziggler).

Now it really means fuck all. Sandow has been jobbing since he got the thing and just got fed to one armed super Cena. Christ.

KissVibes

Banned
People are quiet for HBK because of what he did to Bryan...

BETTER POSITION THE REAL FACE OF THE WWE, JOHN CENA TO UNITE THE TITLES AGAINST ORTON AND BEAT TRIPLE H AT WM30.

Alternate universe where Schiavone announces that John Cena will successfully defend against a Damien Sandow cash-in and sarcastically remarks that that will put a lot of butts in seats.

UberTag

That excuse actually does have some merit, though. One of the smartest guys I know on another forum still keeps it on as background noise every week. He knows the shows are bad, he knows that there's very few compelling guys left on the roster, and he knows that things are going to get worse before they get better. But he just does something else while it's on. He only keeps Raw on because at this point, it's like "comfort food."

If something actually exciting happens, then he just has to turn his head to the TV to see what's up. If not, then he can keep grading papers. In either case, he's not losing anything by having it on. It's just been part of his routine. I admit to have done the same thing, but when I mentioned last year that i was going to stop watching for a couple months, I meant it. I just wish some others here who claim to have quit WWE would actually follow through.
Your friend has the perfect approach to watching RAW. It's a model everyone should follow if they can't quit regularly watching the WWE outright.

For a while, if someone was holding the briefcase, you got the feeling that the company was behind that person and they were going to get a solid push at some point in the future.

The it became... MITB holder becomes a jobber, but hey, they have that briefcase and at SOME point they're gonna cash it in and become champ. It could lead to something decent (Bryan) or they could fuck it up horribly (Ziggler).

Now it really means fuck all. Sandow has been jobbing since he got the thing and just got fed to one armed super Cena. Christ.
MITB briefcase holder = The New 'King of the Ring'
Remember when King Sheamus lost to everyone for half a year including Santino repeatedly? Good times.

Top Bottom