• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jimmy may not be able to do his entrance right, but he has nice taste

AcYEu7Z.jpg
son of a bitch

nYJC6Er.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Bowser

Dolph Ziggler ‏@HEELZiggler 3m
liked @WWEDanielBryan better as prince valium in spaceballs

DTA BROTHER!!!
DONT TRUST NOBODY
@steveaustinBSR #RAW

lmao

For a while, if someone was holding the briefcase, you got the feeling that the company was behind that person and they were going to get a solid push at some point in the future.

The it became... MITB holder becomes a jobber, but hey, they have that briefcase and at SOME point they're gonna cash it in and become champ. It could lead to something decent (Bryan) or they could fuck it up horribly (Ziggler).

Now it really means fuck all. Sandow has been jobbing since he got the thing and just got fed to one armed super Cena. Christ.

I think Swagger was the turning point, the feeling that the company was behind the case holder really took a hit with Swaggers' flop of a reign and the booking that surrounded it (even before he won the case since he was jobbing on the road to WM) The MitB PPV arrived in the same year diluting the gimmick with three cash ins in one year, granted Kane and Miz actually had solid reigns gained from their cash ins but it's not been the same since that year.

Anth0ny

That excuse actually does have some merit, though. One of the smartest guys I know on another forum still keeps it on as background noise every week. He knows the shows are bad, he knows that there's very few compelling guys left on the roster, and he knows that things are going to get worse before they get better. But he just does something else while it's on. He only keeps Raw on because at this point, it's like "comfort food."

If something actually exciting happens, then he just has to turn his head to the TV to see what's up. If not, then he can keep grading papers. In either case, he's not losing anything by having it on. It's just been part of his routine. I admit to have done the same thing, but when I mentioned last year that i was going to stop watching for a couple months, I meant it. I just wish some others here who claim to have quit WWE would actually follow through.

That's what I do, too. I don't have the patience to watch 3 hours of this shit. 20% of my attention is on Raw, 70% on games, and 10% on GAF.

It works.

Top Bottom