• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So we talked about powerbombs yesterday but now today the question is:

Who has the finest vertical suplex of all time?

After seeing that Kidman botch, I needed to take my mind off it with a glorious SSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqW8oJ6QlAs

Goddamn cameraman...

He can fly. :O

Aries made me love the brainbuster, never really thought of it as cool before. Then I used it as part of my ridiculous created finishers in WWE13 lol.

Goldberg Jackhammering The Giant on Nitro (not the Road Wild one, and it was fatty Giant too) was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Just makes the Goldberg chants for Ryback not really make sense seen how his strength is fake. Cesaro should get Goldberg chants.

It's time!

tumblr_mvb8q9RZ8j1slo954o1_1280.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Demolition and Big Boss Man are AWESOME.

I have an Iron Sheik costume.

bjork

First off, the idea of Ric Flair eating pussy is absolutely disgusting.

I would watch it if it started with a flair flop into some lady's mound.

Kimona Wanaleya/Leia Meow, Leilani Kai, Jumping Bomb Angels, Bull Nakano, and at least one other Asian female wrestler I'm forgetting who lasted long enough to get their name known.

Akira Hokuto! She wrassled with a broken neck and then took piledrivers in a return match. Also Aja Kong, though lesser known than Bull in the states, I'm guessing.

strobogo

Banned
Types of women in the Attitude Era:

Body Builder Types: Asya, Chyna, Midnight, Nicole Bass, Mrs. Cleavage
Black: Midnight, Jackie
Asian: Leia Meow, maybe Mrs. Yamaguichi
Latin: None to my knowledge
Fake tits: Everyone

BFIB

tumblr_msdb6rHdrT1rr5vkyo1_500.jpg

Wow, that BossMan is spot on!

Always had a soft spot for Big BossMan. When he came back in the late 90's, I was heading out for a family vacation and saw him at the airport. I walked up and he was on the phone with his wife, and when he saw me coming up, he said "Honey, I need to call you right back." He sat and chatted with me for a good 20 minutes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched an old HUSTLE show from mid 2000s. Man, what a fun promotion - but it's not for everyone.

I don't mind the possibility of a turn, but I hope they give him a manager or team him up with a strong speaker. He does well in the silent enforcer-type role.

On a side note, my band played a Halloween show last night and we dressed up like the Dudley Boyz. Not many people picked up on who we were, but it was a blast nonetheless.

936009_667735913244632_215596791_n.jpg

GET THE TABLES (
that actually break
)

Aiii

So not worth it
WON on TNA sale:
There are serious sale talks going on behind the scenes. After we reported it over the weekend, a lot of places ran with borderline ridiculous stories. What I can say at this point is that there is a potential buyer that has been looking at the company. Reps for the potential new ownership group have been at the offices. Talk of a potential sale has been going on for months, but has reached a serious enough point where things are at a significant stage. It is not entirely clear who will end up in power and run the company if and when the deal being negotiated goes through, and what percentage of the company, or if the entire company, is what is being negotiated. One source with significant knowledge of what is going down said the new group is unlikely to get involved without owning a controlling interest. Also, regarding speculation in various media of names involved, all of the speculation is way off, that much I know. It doesn't appear Viacom has any interest in buying the company (even though TNA gets far better ratings than Bellator, it's not as valuable because it can't get the corporate sponsors or ad revenue) and the parties involved come from outside the pro wrestling industry. The people who have at least been negotiating the most seriously are not from Viacom. The people involved have been successful in a number of other businesses. Just my gut says they are buying it more as a television property with the idea that future rights fees as those number escalate for sports will make it valuable.

The fact sale negotiations are as far along as they are and Hulk Hogan wasn't signed seems to indicate the new ownership group didn't feel he was a priority in the deal, or else TNA would have been aggressive in locking him up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The most valuable thing TNA has are its road agents :|

gnrmjd

This is late for Raw talk but Roman Reigns is amazing. That double spear was sick. Roman Reigns is so underrated he's one of the best power guys I've ever seen....dude is like Batista but better. Can EASILY be a big star, and has had so many amazing matches already.

Wyatts vs Bryan/Punk sounds amazing too.

Bryan putting HBK in the yes lock was awesome.

Good Raw.

gnrmjd

Good for her, but she killed her gimmick. Stan Hansen never would have lost 50 pounds and got some abs in his heyday.

I mean...she kind of isn't the same exact thing anymore....but she's crazy talented anyways. I'm sure once she gets in the ring and starts destroying people it won't matter how fat or skinny she is. She's still probably bigger than the other divas anyways.

TAJIRI beat TAKA. Sounds like it was a decent match too.
Syuri beat some jobber. I don't care about the rest of WNC.

Me either, I'd probably care more if the shows were easier to obtain, but I think I've only seen one or two WNC shows to date. At least TAJIRI seems to be over his obsession with bringing in European gaijin's no one's ever heard of.

jmdajr

also

Capcom has revealed update sales figures for a number of its franchises, as well as confirmed that Resident Evil 5 has overtaken Street Fighter II to become its most successful game.

Truly a great game hated by people who missed traditional survivor horror. I initially didn't give the game a chance since the demo played so wonky after trying dead space, but after a few hours in I really got into it. Action packed, great cut scenes, just all around a very solid game. Wesker!

somedevil

WWE Financials came out. So more pay per view Buyrates came in:

Summerslam:

2013: 298,000 buys
2012: 358,000 buys
2011: 296,000 buys
2010: 350,000 buys
2009: 369,000 buys ($5 lower PPV price)

Money in the Bank:

2013: 199,000 buys
2012: 188,000 buys
2011: 195,000 buys
2010: 165,000 buys
2009: 267,000 buys ($5 lower PPV price)

Night of Champions:

2013: 175,000 buys
2012: 189,000 buys
2011: 161,000 buys

I don't know why Summerslam did bad but it seems the B pay per views are doing better buy rates then during the 2010-2011 days.

Also, WWE is going to make a lot of money when the licensing deal is up according to forbes:

Forbes did a feature on WWE's upcoming TV licensing deal with NBC Universal and noted that WWE is expected to receive 4 to 6 times their current $140 million per year deal. That would top NASCAR's $4.5 billion, 10 year contract.

jmdajr

WWE Financials came out. So more pay per view Buyrates came in:

Summerslam:

2013: 298,000 buys
2012: 358,000 buys

2011: 296,000 buys
2010: 350,000 buys
2009: 369,000 buys ($5 lower PPV price)

Money in the Bank:

2013: 199,000 buys
2012: 188,000 buys
2011: 195,000 buys
2009: 267,000 buys ($5 lower PPV price)

Night of Champions:

2013: 175,000 buys
2012: 189,000 buys
2011: 161,000 buys

I don't know why Summerslam did bad but it seems the B pay per views are doing better buy rates then during the 2010-2011 days.

Also, WWE is going to make a lot of money when the licensing deal is up according to forbes:

summer_slam_2012_hhh_vs_brock_lesnar_by_photopops-d5c3ngy.jpg

gnrmjd

I dunno how Summerslam did so bad with two legit dream matches (Punk/Lesnar and Cena/Bryan) and the most solid midcard in ages. Not only was it two dream matches, it was two dream matches that were dream matches for completely different reasons, and both of them delivered....

So strange...that was one of the lowest Summerslams in history....it only beat 2011 in recent history and 2011 had one of the worst cards ever...main evented by two rematches (Orton/Christian had been seen about five times already) and had no undercard at all

tumblr_msdb6rHdrT1rr5vkyo1_500.jpg

Wow, that BossMan is spot on!

Always had a soft spot for Big BossMan. When he came back in the late 90's, I was heading out for a family vacation and saw him at the airport. I walked up and he was on the phone with his wife, and when he saw me coming up, he said "Honey, I need to call you right back." He sat and chatted with me for a good 20 minutes.

I always thought the rebranding of him when he came back to WWE in the Attitude era was perfect, especially making him part of the Corporation and McMahon's personal security for a while.

bjork

I dunno how Summerslam did so bad with two legit dream matches (Punk/Lesnar and Cena/Bryan) and the most solid midcard in ages. Not only was it two dream matches, it was two dream matches that were dream matches for completely different reasons, and both of them delivered....

So strange...that was one of the lowest Summerslams in history....it only beat 2011 in recent history and 2011 had one of the worst cards ever...main evented by two rematches (Orton/Christian had been seen about five times already) and had no undercard at all

Those are/were dream matches?

jmdajr

Those are/were dream matches?

Lets face it, any true dream matches in this community probably wouldn't draw a dime.

Punk/Lesnar- Great match, maybe a match many here wanted to see, but more people wanted to see Cena/Brock.

As far as Cena/Bryan. I don't know about dream match as much as folks wanted D.Bry to finally get his due/chance.etc.

No dream match for WrassleGaf will ever involved Cena.

Top Bottom