• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

We can but we shouldn't.

I know you aren't reading previous days Blarg, but it feels like you aren't even reading THIS day. You're really taking the piss now

Kyanrute

Same reasoning as others, really. You and Swamped haven't really stood out despite being active. And the whole "ignoring me on D3" post I made a couple pages ago.

But I'm not omniscient, so what do I know? :p

I responded to that ignore thing. You said nothing to change my opinion about you so I started to look for others and what they looked like. There was nothing to comment about you so I did not comment. And in the end nobody else rose above you on my list, so I kept the vote on you.

Sophia

I lied

VOTE: Seath

lies_and_the_lying_lig3x3d.jpg

We can but we shouldn't.

I know you aren't reading previous days Blarg, but it feels like you aren't even reading THIS day. You're really taking the piss now

You acted like you wanted to check him earlier...?

Woah hold on. Do we have enough townie votes left to check Seath?

Blarg your dream must have had details on how to use the spell...
Didn't someone mention that using it on the wrong player gets you killed?

Did you change your mind?

Kevyt

By voting me?

I rather Scum NK's me to be honest.

Much more helpful to town.

I won't role claim but that's as much as I'll say.

*Splinter

@Sophia
If Blarg knows how to use the spell for sure then we should check Seath and Blarg can remove him tomorrow.

However it seems like he doesn't know and doesn't have a full spell, so that's a dead end

Also there's no scenario where scum are going to kill Seath. If he's town (he's not) then we will run into Peripseros eventually, and then townie Seath gets mislynched.

Sophia do you really think they would kill Seath for soft claiming instead of either of the two confirmed townies?

Someone claims to be a god and then POOF everyone's afraid to challenge

And they explain away their cowardice by saying it's a waste of time because there's no point, a god can't be killed

well?

Sophia

@Sophia

Also there's no scenario where scum are going to kill Seath. If he's town (he's not) then we will run into Peripseros eventually, and then townie Seath gets mislynched.

Sophia do you really think they would kill Seath for soft claiming instead of either of the two confirmed townies?

Most likely they'll target someone trying to actively drive the conversation in a way they don't like, confirmed or not.

*Splinter

Most likely they'll target someone trying to actively drive the conversation in a way they don't like, confirmed or not.
They 100% need the confirmed town dead. Otherwise they lose a full 2 days earlier than they would otherwise.

And Seath isnt driving anything

Hang on Blarg, I'll quote myself

Kevyt

Someone claims to be a god and then POOF everyone's afraid to challenge

And they explain away their cowardice by saying it's a waste of time because there's no point, a god can't be killed

well?

Because of what happened with Lone_Prodigy?

Yeah...

-.-

Kyanrute

There are two contradictions that I see about Seath.

1) Why did god-Seath get a dream about killing himself?
2) Why did god-Seath out a phrase of the kill spell if the dream does not make it clear what spell kills which god?

Sophia

There are two contradictions that I see about Seath.

1) Why did god-Seath get a dream about killing himself?
2) Why did god-Seath out a phrase of the kill spell if the dream does not make it clear what spell kills which god?

Remember that he later came out and said he wasn't a God, and it was just a gambit to get LP lynched + find the real evil God.

Kyanrute

Remember that he later came out and said he wasn't a God, and it was just a gambit to get LP lynched + find the real evil God.

Yes. But some seem to be afraid of lynching him because he might be a god. It is those people that must find an explanation to the contradictions.

*Splinter

If we hit another god it will be a no lynch, we aren't in lylo so that's fine, and Seath would be an obvious lynch the next day.
*sigh*

Ok, this should be easy at least:

5 players, 4 scum. 1 mislynch allowed.

I think we can afford both a mislynch AND a no lynch, so testing Seath won't lose us the game. I still think it makes no sense though. Even if Seath isn't Peripseros, someone on that list IS. As soon as we hit an unlynchable we would go for Seath next.

Anyone else. Opinions. Pls.
I'll vote Seath. I don't understand the benefit but I don't care enough to argue against it. If my math is right it doesn't change the number of mislynches we are allowed.
immediately followed by
No scrap that it just doesn't make sense.

We lynch Seath today, he survives, Zipped or Sophia dies overnight and then we have 1 less town voice during the ACTUAL scum hunting.

I haven't seen any benefit to testing his claim now, it seems to be a case of "well he could be lying, let's find out". Besides curiosity there is no reason to do that today.

Ideally he'll be removed by other means before we ever have to test it.

*Splinter

ONE of the scum team is unlynchable. WHEN we find that one, we lynch Seath next. If we never find them, then Seath was the unlynchable after all.

Given the timing of his claim and the rest of his posts, he almost certainly is what he claims, but this doenz't even matter

I've asked several times today for a counterargument and there isn't one. You'd be voting for a repeat of today which I flat out refuse to be a part of.

Kevyt

Cheesus Crust you guys!

I'm not Periscope!! Okay?

If you guys want to lynch me today then that's fine. But I'm not the god scum... ewww.

Komena, Peripseros

doesn't matter

What matters is the manner by which their names are invoked, and no matter what Seath says it has been for personal gain

Hide in your homes and wait for the Night to check this "god" for you

but I won't

And you shouldn't

Kevyt

Komena, Peripseros

doesn't matter

What matters is the manner by which their names are invoked, and no matter what Seath says it has been for personal gain

Hide in your homes and wait for the Night to check this "god" for you

but I won't

And you shouldn't

Pssst

The evidence is out there.

giphy.gif

I'm not confident in a Splinter or OA lynch anymore. Seath is worth checking, at least. His claim is too convienent and it doesn't make sense why he would give scum such a boon about his role at night.

If he's not scum, and he's a god, then we'll know for sure. Only one way to find out. Either way I'm less and less sure he's town by the minute.

Vote: Seath

*Splinter

Ok forget "top scum", I want everyone to put together a full scum team. You can have some "either/or" in there, but it needs to be 4 players in total.

For example, as I said earlier:
Seath
OA
2 of Swamped/Kyan/Dragonz

If you don't get to it today then fine, but I want everyone to have this by tomorrow, whether I live to see it or not.

Sophia

Ok forget "top scum", I want everyone to put together a full scum team. You can have some "either/or" in there, but it needs to be 4 players in total.

Seath
OA

If you don't get to it today then fine, but I want everyone to have this by tomorrow, whether I live to see it or not.

Why do you think the scum team is four players? Or are you counting the God in there?

Right now I'm leaning OceanicAir, Seath, and Kyanrute, but I'm hanging onto my vote for now as OA's probably going to be lynched.

*Splinter

Seath
OA

With reasoning, obviously.

I feel like people are trusting each other too easily lately. Dragonz made a few posts and people start town reading her, then Kyan makes 1 good post and suddenly he's town as well. They can't all be town. Sophia, Zipped and LP are. GP is neutral at worst. Blarg is town beyond reasonable doubt. That leaves 4 scum in this list:

Seath
OA
Swamped
Kyan
Dragonz
Splinter
Zeke

Top Bottom