• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumclot

0r4f1.jpg

lol

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So now I get why Zimmerman is so beloved. Eight career walkoff home runs, four off the record, and spectacular defense. Best game I've ever been to. Phillies fans were so quiet on the walk back to the parking lot.

McNei1y

Joey Fox said:
So now I get why Zimmerman is so beloved. Eight career walkoff home runs, four off the record, and spectacular defense. Best game I've ever been to. Phillies fans were so quiet on the walk back to the parking lot.

ieWeoKhYP.gif

McNei1y

Joey Fox said:
Did he call his shot again?
Not that I know of. He seems to always give that look towards the dugout when its a clutch situation homer. I know I would.

TheBranca18 said:
And people bitch about Ortiz. Holy shit that's ballsy.

Zimmerman != Ortiz. I'll make that comparison when Zimmerman curtain calls after every home run. The dude just hit a walk off grand slam.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Dirks is getting sent down.
Think it's a good move, except magglio should be cut rather than dirks. If hes not back by the 31st he'll be ineligible for playoffs, then who would our backup cf be? I've seen enough of betemits defense to want inge starting against lefties. hes been playing very well in aaa, maybe he was still not healthy? Not an inge fan but thinking we could squeeze a little more value out of him than maggs at this point, especially if he can backup catch.

Dragon

Banned
McNei1y said:
Zimmerman != Ortiz. I'll make that comparison when Zimmerman curtain calls after every home run. The dude just hit a walk off grand slam.

Uh Ortiz doesn't do that. He just stands at home plate and admires it.

McNei1y

TheBranca18 said:
Uh Ortiz doesn't do that. He just stands at home plate and admires it.

I was being hyperbolic, however, Ortiz has definitely done a curtain call or two on a three run homerun when there was no need for it. I always hate when players look/cheer at home runs (i.e. Manny hitting a home run in a playoff game and throwing his hands in the air when the home run didn't affect anything except adding a run to the board) but I don't mind it when its in situations like last night, aka walk offs, go ahead homers in extra innings (sometimes), or a rookies first hit/homer. I just feel like those situations deserve a small celebratory thing.

Sharp

On sports radio today the idiot DC commentators were talking about how the Nats should try to extend Zimm's contract with three years at $15m / year. They should probably stick to football.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Why would you hate weekend night games?

In my ideal world there is would be a baseball game going on all the time, 24/7, 7 days a week.
Well from 1-4 there are none, and from 4-7 there's a good shot you'll be stuck with Joe Buck. This is not a good thing. Then if you're going out - it's a weekend - you miss the good baseball. Lame.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Y2Kev said:
Lambtron, when will you divorce waifu? This is pathetic. 1 hr?
I'll consider it if he plays this badly another season. You know, assuming in the offseason he didn't have knee surgery that he rushed back from. Let his legs heal this offseason and I'm sure he'll be fine. Honestly, the other option is Butera, sooo...

eznark

Banned
sangreal said:
Fuck weekend night games

Rather a weekend night game than a motherfucking blackout.

FOX is seriously still going to show the Reds/Pirates. Pathetic.

Oh well, Uecker is an awesome consolation prize!!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Mets fans trying to burn down Citi Field? Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom