• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Tigers take Game 1, thank God. Jose Valverde is insanely good when it comes to saves, which is funny because in a non save situation the guy is terrible.

v9Jra.jpg

beast786

Square Triangle said:
And the Tigers take Game 1, thank God. Jose Valverde is insanely good when it comes to saves, which is funny because in a non save situation the guy is terrible.

True.

We still have JV for the 3rd game. Tomorrow game will be big for Cleveland.

Wow a run off Livo, I wasnt expecting that. Mayberry has been such a great surprise this year.

Edit: make that 3, damn the Phils are getting good swings tonight.

beast786 said:

All because he has pitched the most innings in baseball. I highly doubt if Leyland went to Justin and said "Would you like to pitch on Sunday's game *Cough from lung cancer*?"

He'd say yes, he knows he IS the rotation.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
People like to bitch, but I'm pretty happy with Andrew Miller. Has been giving us some solid outings.

Um, what?

5.27 FIP. 30 K to 28 BB's on the season. 1.92 WHIP.

The guy sucks. He sucks really really bad.

Sanjuro

darkside31337 said:
Um, what?

5.27 FIP. 30 K to 28 BB's on the season. 1.92 WHIP.

The guy sucks. He sucks really really bad.
He is a fucking replacement starter...

I'm sitting here with a 5-1 lead. Why should I care about his stats? He is eating innings and leaving us in a position to win more often than not.

Also, Miller Time.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
weekend_warrior said:
Hey, maybe if they suck shit through the end of the season Bill Smith can get fired, and the Twins can get a sweet draft pick.

Oh wait, the Twins have never fired a general manager, ever. BRB, gonna drink myself into a stupor.

Doytch

Things Learned Tonight:
1. Don't eat week-old leftover chicken for dinner.
2. Don't go running after ignoring 1.
3. Don't ignore your body telling you it feels like shit 4 miles after ignoring 2.
4. When you finally slow to a walk and everything starts blurring together and you only see a blinding light, sit down.
5. DO NOT IGNORE 4.

Fuuuuck that was an adventure. Veg out time.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
He is a fucking replacement starter...

I'm sitting here with a 5-1 lead. Why should I care about his stats? He is eating innings and leaving us in a position to win more often than not.

Also, Miller Time.
No he isn't. The Sox are scoring 8.6 runs a game when he starts, that is putting them in position to win.

Also, he is averaging 5 innings per start, he sure as fuck isn't "eating innings."

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Things Learned Tonight:
1. Don't eat week-old leftover chicken for dinner.
2. Don't go running after ignoring 1.
3. Don't ignore your body telling you it feels like shit 4 miles after ignoring 2.
4. When you finally slow to a walk and everything starts blurring together and you only see a blinding light, sit down.
5. DO NOT IGNORE 4.

Fuuuuck that was an adventure. Veg out time.
I pretty much envision you having done this each time you start posting during gametime.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
No he isn't. The Sox are scoring 8.6 runs a game when he starts, that is putting them in position to win.

Also, he is averaging 5 innings per start, he sure as fuck isn't "eating innings."
That is kind of the point, otherwise I wouldn't be content at all.

JABEE

sazabirules said:
What happened to that storm you were complaining about? It should have hit twenty minutes ago!
Weather Channel precipitation percentage was at 55% and that post was about Mayberry not catching that ball.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
JABEE said:
Weather Channel precipitation percentage was at 55% and that post was about Mayberry not catching that ball.

I know what your post was about. It's just funny seeing your attitude change about the game.

Doytch

harden is fucking weird. bases walked loaded no out in the first, then 9 straight strikes for 3 Ks. this does not make me feel better.

i desperately want to drink but i have a feeling id throw up or something.

e: haha bitches, i got my tickets to natinals park in the mail. sat sep 3 vs the mest and mon sep 5 vs the doyers.
e2: kill yourself cecil.

Sanjuro

Aceves is pitching pretty well too tonight. Not sure if I should mention that or not....don't want to sound positive or anything.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
I'm just joking.

I know full well what kind of pitcher he is. He hasn't had a start in about twenty days and come and gives us a nice 3H/1ER outing. He has had only one implosion game to my knowledge.

Just having a few beers and cool to see him have a good outing. He is a 26 year old journeyman who will eventually find a place in someones pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom