• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
if the rays were to knock bahstan out, that'd be hilarious

i wonder if adrian gonzalez is capable of crying

Sanjuro

Y2Kev said:
if the rays were to knock bahstan out, that'd be hilarious

i wonder if adrian gonzalez is capable of crying
Would be even more hilarious if the underdog wild card Boston knock off the Division Champions in the postseason.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Would be even more hilarious if the underdog wild card Boston knock off the Division Champions in the postseason.

The Red Sox would have to beat the Rangers first then. Good luck with that.

Sanjuro

League should do something about the pitcher delay between pitches, but the issue involves the batter just as much as it does the pitcher.

Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez stated that Julio Teheran or Randall Delgado will be moved to the bullpen after Thursday's double-header against the Mets. Teheran is slated to start Game 1.

h3ro

v1xEj.jpg

BAUSS.

beast786

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
League should do something about the pitcher delay between pitches, but the issue involves the batter just as much as it does the pitcher.

I never understood why the pitcher has to spit 10 times before each pitch and the batter to readjust all his accessories after each pitch.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is anyone else ecstatic over Jeter's recent surge as a quality hitter? He's batting nearly .300 again and seems to do it as effortlessly as he's ever done.

What exactly were people crying about? Was it that one AVERAGE season last year? The guy is still one of the best hitters in the game. I can't believe people were begging Joe to replace him or release him from the team. I mean, what the fuck? Can anyone recap what the big deal was? Doesn't every player slump?

MrOogieBoogie

jman2050 said:
Why is Michael Kay so insufferable?

Get the fuck out of here, Michael Kay is one of the funniest and most interesting announcers to listen to in ALL of sports. Dude's never played baseball, which allows his appreciation and fanboyism for the sport to show through his commentary. Plus, his banter with Ken Singleton and Paul O'Neall (especially Paul) is absolutely priceless. Always cracking jokes mid-game, never afraid to speak what's on their minds.

Come on, man.

Toth

MrOogieBoogie said:
Get the fuck out of here, Michael Kay is one of the funniest and most interesting announcers to listen to in ALL of sports. Dude's never played baseball, which allows his appreciation and fanboyism for the sport to show through his commentary. Plus, his banter with Ken Singleton and Paul O'Neall (especially Paul) is absolutely priceless. Always cracking jokes mid-game, never afraid to speak what's on their minds.

Come on, man.

He also has one of the best sport shows in NY atm.

MrOogieBoogie

Toth said:

Agreed. I don't know why he gets so much hate. He's obviously a HUGE fan of baseball and is enthusiastic to call every single game, day in and day out. Not only that, but he's quite an intelligent and well-spoken guy, which helps when you're a commentator. lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's not BA, it's like...everything. LD% took a nosedive and looked really bad.

Don't know what's happened to him this year (well, this second half).

MrOogieBoogie said:

Come on, man.

talisayNon said:
no, he's shit. clean out your ears. yankee announcers are godamn embarrassments for the franchise.

4izl7q.jpg

MrOogieBoogie

talisayNon said:
no, he's shit. clean out your ears. yankee announcers are godamn embarrassments for the franchise.

Let me guess, you'd rather listen to the mundane shits on ESPN, right?

talisayNon said:
Dude is irritating during minute-long clips on MLB.com, I can't imagine what it'd be like to listen to nine full innings of Kay.

Maxim726X

AnEternalEnigma said:
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez stated that Julio Teheran or Randall Delgado will be moved to the bullpen after Thursday's double-header against the Mets. Teheran is slated to start Game 1.

So we can get a glimpse of our demise? Sweet.

Michael Kay is good, only because he's not as bad as John Sterling (whose lone redeeming quality are his trademark HR calls).

The thing that has escaped the Yankees throughout most of their history is a definitive, excellent "Voice of the Yankees" on TV and radio. The only one is Scooter Rizzuto.

I really like Cone, Leiter, O'Neill and Singleton - they call the game well, and they are very, VERY knowledgeable about the game. Plus, without some trademark thing they do while calling the game, their only focus is to tell the viewer exactly what's going on...good shit.

Finally, I understand why the call is "Jesus is loose" - because anything, ANYTHING, that even quasi-evoked any of the obvious excellent religious puns that could be made would result in a torrent of lawsuits or protests or whatever that would end Sterling's career.

h3ro

Toth said:

I think that says more about the state of NY sports radio than it does about how good Kay's show is. I enjoy listening to Salvia every now and then, though. I don't think the show anything special and Kay does have a propensity to talk down to his listeners.

Boomer/Carton? Dudebro frat nonsense.
Mike & Mike? Bland and safe, toeing the company line.
Fatcessa? Good for the occasional rant and dumb callers.
Lupica? Don't really mind the show, nothing special.
Cowherd? NO.

Stephen A/Tierney were good together a few years back.

*pours some out for Max Kellerman on 1050*

h3ro said:
I think that says more about the state of NY sports radio than it does about how good Kay's show is. I enjoy listening to Salvia every now and then, though. I don't think the show anything special and Kay does have a propensity to talk down to his listeners.

Boomer/Carton? Dudebro frat nonsense.
Mike & Mike? Bland and safe, toeing the company line.
Fatcessa? Good for the occasional rant and dumb callers.
Lupica? Don't really mind the show, nothing special.
Cowherd? NO.

Stephen A/Tierney were good together a few years back.

*pours some out for Max Kellerman on 1050*
Boomer and Carton are too funny but they don't spend a lot of time on sports. Michael Kay's show is the best rite now. I rarely agree with Kay but LeGreca is awesome. Stephen A. Smith is also great at 7 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom