• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
August 29, 2009 vs. ATL (L - ATL 9, PHI 1 F/7)
-- 5.0 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 3 HR

April 8, 2011 @ ATL (L - ATL 6, PHI 3)
-- 3.1 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 0 HR

May 6, 2011 vs. ATL (L - ATL 5, PHI 2)
-- 7.0 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 16 K, 0 HR

July 9, 2011 vs. ATL (ND - ATL 4, PHI 1 F/11)
-- 8.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K, 1 HR

September 5, 2011 vs. ATL (W - PHI 9, ATL 0)
-- 9.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 0 HR
But the Phillies won the September 20th start in 2009. Why don't you include that one? Is it because it would ruin your statline?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So Cajole reminded me before that the Twins were the 6org this year. And the Mariners were last year.

So who will be cursed by being the 6org next year?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
The postseason thread isn't going to be the same without Lambtron's meltdowns against the Yankees.
Don't worry, I'll have plenty of energy to melt down when Bill Smith isn't fired this off season, and then he subsequently gives Michael Cuddyer $60 million.

Lambtron said:
Don't worry, I'll have plenty of energy to melt down when Bill Smith isn't fired this off season, and then he subsequently gives Michael Cuddyer $60 million.

Was Smith the guy who did the Santana trade? If he was, he should have been canned for that crappy haul the Twins got from the Mets.

Malo

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Was Smith the guy who did the Santana trade? If he was, he should have been canned for that crappy haul the Twins got from the Mets.
Yes he was. They could have gotten Jacoby or Lester.

lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh yes, he's been the GM since 2007 so he's been behind the laundry list of shit trades since.

- Johan Santana for scraps.
- Matt Garza & Jason Bartlett for Delmon Young & Brendan Harris.
- Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps.
- JJ Hardy for Jim Hoey.

So bad.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Humber was DFA'd, kicked around the league a bit, and has been good for Chicago this year. He left without them receiving anything.
Mulvey was traded for Rauch. The Twins did not offer Rauch arb, and he left without them getting anything.
Gomez was traded for Hardy. Hardy was traded for Hoey & Brett Jacobson.
Guerra was mediocre in AA this year, and is currently injured.

So basically Santana was traded for Deolis Guerra, Jim Hoey, and Brett Jacobson.

JaskoX1

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Oh and..

Fister > Ubaloldo
Ubaldo was about as dominant as you can be the first three innings. Then a little adversity came around in the 4th and he seemed to lose his focus.

Lambtron said:
Humber was DFA'd, kicked around the league a bit, and has been good for Chicago this year. He left without them receiving anything.
Mulvey was traded for Rauch. The Twins did not offer Rauch arb, and he left without them getting anything.
Gomez was traded for Hardy. Hardy was traded for Hoey & Brett Jacobson.
Guerra was mediocre in AA this year, and is currently injured.

So basically Santana was traded for Deolis Guerra, Jim Hoey, and Brett Jacobson.

What were the Red Sox and Yankees offering?

Sharp

I actually kind of feel bad about the Ramos trade now. The Nats have catcher depth and the Twins clearly needed him more than we did.

VRMN

JaskoX1 said:
Ubaldo was about as dominant as you can be the first three innings. Then a little adversity came around in the 4th and he seemed to lose his focus.
Meanwhile Fister got into jams every now and again and managed to slip out of them without too much damage, a personal best mark for strikeouts, and a critical win in a critical series.

beast786

Lambtron said:
Oh yes, he's been the GM since 2007 so he's been behind the laundry list of shit trades since.

- Johan Santana for scraps.
- Matt Garza & Jason Bartlett for Delmon Young & Brendan Harris.
- Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps.
- JJ Hardy for Jim Hoey.

So bad.

I really like Delmon Young. He has already surpassed what was possibly expected. Especially since bosch with season ending injury.

Sanjuro

AnEternalEnigma said:
What were the Red Sox and Yankees offering?
Lester and Ellsbury. Bucholz, Lowrie, and Coco Crisp were also a part of the discussions. Sox didn't want to get rid of both Lester and Ellsbury. Would have been one of the biggest disasters in Red Sox history.

JaskoX1

Banned
VRMN said:
Meanwhile Fister got into jams every now and again and managed to slip out of them without too much damage, a personal best mark for strikeouts, and a critical win in a critical series.
The better pitcher won today, and you guys didn't have to give up 2 first rounders for him.

Fister was pitching better than Jimenez IMO at the time of their deals. Then the tigers went out and got Delmon Young also who's been lights out for them.

JaskoX1 said:

Oh he did pitch very well. I'm just looking at it from the trade deadline records Ulbaldo 2-2 and Fister is 4-1 /troll face

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
beast786 said:
I really like Delmon Young. He has already surpassed what was possibly expected. Especially since bosch with season ending injury.
I hope the Tigers sign him to a 5 year, $60 million contract.

JaskoX1

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Dombrowski is dumb enough. Him and Smith are bros. BTW You shouldn't you be readying the off-season thread?
In that case,

a lot of teams need OF help, please take Sizemore. Hell, we can throw in a closer also.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Square Triangle said:
Dombrowski is dumb enough. Him and Smith are bros. BTW You shouldn't you be readying the off-season thread?
Here in MLB-Age, we don't have an offseason thread until the offseason actually starts. We so crazy!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CygnusXS said:
Here in MLB-Age, we don't have an offseason thread until the offseason actually starts. We so crazy!

We were dangerously close to basically having an offseason for all of September but thankfully the Angels are still kicking ass. Can't stop that team with Vernon Wells in the middle of the lineup and still playing Jeff Mathis on a semi-regular basis.

darkside31337 said:
We were dangerously close to basically having an offseason for all of September but thankfully the Angels are still kicking ass. Can't stop that team with Vernon Wells in the middle of the lineup and still playing Jeff Mathis on a semi-regular basis.

It just a matter of clicking at the right time. Look at Arizona. They have no everyday hitters over .300 right?

*****************BREAKING**************************

WAR UPDATE:

Justin Smoak 0.2
Jesus Montero 0.3

talisayNon said:

WAR UPDATE:

Justin Smoak 0.2
Jesus Montero 0.3

Damn, so Montero has won the WAR. jajaja

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I, for some reason, have the X cover of "Wild Thing" going on in my head now, even though I watched Major League II last week.

The Giants have lost it.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/9/6/2407802/pablo-sandoval-snaps

pablo.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know how the METS are doing, when commercials of their commentators start appearing doing Cash 4 Gold commercial for Coin Galleries of Oyster Bay (lol Keith Hernandez)

GraveRobberX said:
You know how the METS are doing, when commercials of their commentators start appearing doing Cash 4 Gold commercial for Coin Galleries of Oyster Bay (lol Keith Hernandez)
good joke, that's only been going on for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom