• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screamin A Smith is the only one of these guys that will talk NBA - and know what he's talking about.

I'll always like him.

Kellerman was jesus, though...I'll never forgive RSPN for cutting him.

h3ro

captmcblack said:
Kellerman was jesus, though...I'll never forgive RSPN for cutting him.

Dude played Wu and talked about VORP. The show was perfect.

His disciples, Ruocco and Lundberg occasionally have a Kellerman vibe to their show, but they pale in comparison to Max.

I think he's doing a show out in LA on their ESPN affiliate now, the podcast is available but I can't bare to listen to him talk about Cali sports knowing he's wasted on that audience. What the hell do Californians know about bagel, egg and cheese bodega sandwiches.

Also, just in case it wasn't clear from my previous post, COWHERD SUCKS.

MrOogieBoogie said:
Is anyone else ecstatic over Jeter's recent surge as a quality hitter? He's batting nearly .300 again and seems to do it as effortlessly as he's ever done.

What exactly were people crying about? Was it that one AVERAGE season last year? The guy is still one of the best hitters in the game. I can't believe people were begging Joe to replace him or release him from the team. I mean, what the fuck? Can anyone recap what the big deal was? Doesn't every player slump?
jesus christ LOL

He has an OPS+ of 104 over the past FOUR seasons. That's pretty much the definition of average. You want to say that people (including myself) were too quick to say he's washed-up, I can accept that, but you're on the other end of the spectrum with that statement.

captmcblack said:
I love you though, Cajole.
Any Mets trolling I do is retaliatory and in good fun!
I'm just salty seeing half of the other teams get excited over awesome prospects while we have to settle for Dillon fucking Gee. Oh Ike Davis looked pretty good until his ankle fucking exploded from touching David Wright's leg.

CajoleJuice said:
I'm just salty seeing half of the other teams get excited over awesome prospects while we have to settle for Dillon fucking Gee.
lol, hey man, we got Zack Wheeler and Matt Harvey down in the farm. Jeury Familia is underrated too.

Dmncnby2k9 said:
lol, hey man, we got Zack Wheeler and Matt Harvey down in the farm. Jeury Familia is underrated too.
I'm sure two of them will get Tommy John surgery before they even reach the majors.

ok, I'm done melting down

until talisay trolls me again

at least Wright has been hitting well since coming off the DL

CajoleJuice said:
I'm sure two of them will get Tommy John surgery before they even reach the majors.

wouldnt be surprised with our luck. lol

CajoleJuice said:

God you're such a killjoy. Go make love to your saber numbers.

CajoleJuice said:
hey, that's why i edited
Now proclaim him your Rookie Of The Year:

60720_crop_340x234.jpg

Jubs

I really hope Detroit revisits the possibility of trading for Derek Lowe. I'll take anybody back, I don't give a shit. Fuck this guy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't get all the Derek Lowe to be honest. His FIP is the lowest it's ever been while wearing a Braves uniform and while his ERA is subpar it's hardly that awful.

I'd rather have Derek Lowe than anybody in the Mets rotation not named Niese. Johan for Lowe would be such a steal for the Mets -_-.

h3ro said:
Dude played Wu and talked about VORP. The show was perfect.

His disciples, Ruocco and Lundberg occasionally have a Kellerman vibe to their show, but they pale in comparison to Max.

I think he's doing a show out in LA on their ESPN affiliate now, the podcast is available but I can't bare to listen to him talk about Cali sports knowing he's wasted on that audience. What the hell do Californians know about bagel, egg and cheese bodega sandwiches.

Also, just in case it wasn't clear from my previous post, COWHERD SUCKS.

Kellerman's show out here was great, he would talk up local eateries and play old school west coast hip hop, was really embracing it, but then they forced Marcellus Wiley on him, who I hate, and I stopped listening.

h3ro

Ninja Scooter said:
Kellerman's show out here was great, he would talk up local eateries and play old school west coast hip hop, was really embracing it, but then they forced Marcellus Wiley on him, who I hate, and I stopped listening.

Ugh dat dude. I'm so sorry that Max is being sullied with a TFAG.

typical football analyst guy

Peter Moylan looked fantastic in his first appearance since April 14.

Hopefully that seals the deal about Linebrink not being on the postseason roster (as long as Sherrill can come back from his elbow inflammation).

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, as if this season couldn't get any worse, the Twins are about to get Perfect Game'd by White Sox pitcher Zach Stewart.

JABEE

The Phillies dominated the Braves tonight. Cliff Lee with his 6th shutout of the year! He also is over 200 Ks and now at 16 wins.

JABEE said:
The Phillies dominated the Braves tonight. Cliff Lee with his 6th shutout of the year! He also is over 200 Ks and now at 16 wins.

He's kind of come out of nowhere for Cy Young consideration. All the attention lately has been on Halladay and Kershaw. Goddamn, six fucking shutouts, plus three or four scoreless starts where he's pitched into the ninth. I'd say this has been a worthy investment for Philly, quite a recovery from the Ryan Howard contract debacle.

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
Phillies finally get their first win against the Braves in games Cliff Lee starts. 1-4!
He only gave up like 4 runs total in three of those starts, didn't he? Probably lost them because of the shitty Phillies offense.

Wait, he's only started 4 games against Atlanta, how'd he go 1-4?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
He only gave up like 4 runs in three of those starts, didn't he? Probably lost them because of the shitty Phillies offense.
2 of them he was horrible if I remember correctly.

Sharp

Windu said:
2 of them he was horrible if I remember correctly.
Looks like he had 1 awful start and three rather good starts. I'm not sure I'd call that predictive. He had the 16 strikeout 1 walk game game and a 9 strikeout 2 walk game and the game tonight. The shitty game was like 6 ER in 3 innings though, that's probably what you're remembering.

Edit: Or are you referring to games before this year?

Edit 2: Looks like in '09 he had another shitty game (6 ER / 5.0 IP) and another game where he somehow only lasted 4 innings but only gave up 1 ER, and the Phillies won that one. So that can't be it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
Looks like he had 1 awful start and three rather good starts. I'm not sure I'd call that predictive. He had the 16 strikeout 1 walk game game and a 9 strikeout 2 walk game and the game tonight. The shitty game was like 6 ER in 3 innings though, that's probably what you're remembering.

Edit: Or are you referring to games before this year?
no, just this year. That one game was so bad I thought it was 2 starts I guess. Anyway, yeah you can't predict anything from that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CajoleJuice said:
I'm just salty seeing half of the other teams get excited over awesome prospects while we have to settle for Dillon fucking Gee. Oh Ike Davis looked pretty good

ehhhh

until his ankle fucking exploded from touching David Wright's leg.

rofl

Sharp said:

August 29, 2009 vs. ATL (L - ATL 9, PHI 1 F/7)
-- 5.0 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 3 HR

April 8, 2011 @ ATL (L - ATL 6, PHI 3)
-- 3.1 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 0 HR

May 6, 2011 vs. ATL (L - ATL 5, PHI 2)
-- 7.0 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 16 K, 0 HR

July 9, 2011 vs. ATL (ND - ATL 4, PHI 1 F/11)
-- 8.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K, 1 HR

September 5, 2011 vs. ATL (W - PHI 9, ATL 0)
-- 9.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 0 HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom