• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Or y'know, actually pitching better will change that also. Year of Johan and Niese, no Pelfrey, and RotY candidate Dillon Gee? Plus another 1-year signing of either Capuano or Young? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smaller dimensions will make that more difficult. Enjoy!

eznark said:
Smaller dimensions will make that more difficult. Enjoy!
Cy Young winner Johan will show 'em how it's done!

johan+santana+%25285%2529.jpg

"I GOT THIS!"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Frank I think you should get used to the fact that we've been Carl Pavano'd to the maximum degree. Santana will never ever throw another pitch in a Mets uniform.

darkside31337 said:
Frank I think you should get used to the fact that we've been Carl Pavano'd to the maximum degree. Santana will never ever throw another pitch in a Mets uniform.
He's actually going to make two instructional league starts by the end of the year.

Johan-Santana-slice12.png

And that looks like a Met uni to me!

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
YEAH! THAT'S THE ENTHUSIASM I LIKE TO HEAR!!!!

oh god they're going to offer Pelfrey arbitration aren't they...

Can't just let your ace walk, Frank.

I wonder if Oli will make the rotation when camp breaks in the spring....

The Frankman said:
YEAH! THAT'S THE ENTHUSIASM I LIKE TO HEAR!!!!

oh god they're going to offer Pelfrey arbitration aren't they...
sounds about right. Sandy said we will likely see the same guys starting back again. I do feel like we will see him bring someone in to close out games though.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
eznark said:
Post saved for maximum hilarity when Mets pitchers get Colorado'd.

IMO, Alderson's not gonna make a bandbox like Yankee Stadium or Citizens Bank Park. I believe he said it's gonna be a more neutral ballpark. If the dimensions are like Shea Stadium (which was fair to both pitchers and hitters) I'll be happy.

jman2050

richiek said:
Speaking of new logos, this is supposedly the new one for the Miami Marlins:

6167979547_7748362af2_o.png

Disgusting. LOL

They have four years to switch to the AL and change their logo to a gator.

Cubs fans your time is coming!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
jman2050 said:
They have four years to switch to the AL and change their logo to a gator.

Cubs fans your time is coming!
they had me thinking that the future would look exactly like they showed in BTTF2 until they said the cubs would win the world series. Flying Cars and Hover boards i can believe, but the cubs winning the world series? fuck that.

Dig the Jays logo.

Yankees playoff magic number is 2. While I can't in good conscience tell them to roll over for the Rays... I wouldn't snitch on them if they did.

clemenx

Banned
Boo at MLB not having Pedro at #1 for their Latino pitchers ranking.

5- Fernando Valenzuela
4- Dennis Martinez
3- Luis Tiant
2- Pedro Maritinez
1- Juan Marichal

Retired pitchers only. IMO Santana is already ahead of Valenzuela, depending on how he returns from his injury he should easily fiinish ahead of Dennis and has an outside shot of being ahead of Tiant if he returns in an outstanding form. There's also Mariano but he just deserves his own mentions seeing how these are starters and there's not a reliever close to Mo.

Edit: WTF Shields! Nuñez?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SuperMalo said:
Should of brought in Moore instead.

Literally ANYBODY else in the pen.

Moore / Torres / Cruz / Gomes / Whoever

JP Howell doesn't belong on a big league squad. To use him in that scenario is a Tony La Russa level of a joke. Shame on you Maddon.

darkside31337 said:

JP Howell doesn't belong on a big league squad. To use him in that scenario is a Tony La Russa level of a joke. Shame on you Maddon.

But the iPad said

Malo

Banned
darkside31337 said:

Hipster manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom