• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
And these last several games against Boston are going to be the closest Baltimore will ever get to something remotely resembling an ALCS.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
so this rooting for the mets thing. how does this work? do i just give up now or do i continue watching with the belief that they might win but have my dreams crushed right before my eyes?

Realistically Mets fans give up by the end of the first week of April.

hemtae

Did we really not have anybody in our bullpen, that we had to keep Bard in there with all his recent struggles? I haven't seen Dan Wheeler recently, just throw him in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Snaku said:
Till Boston and New York cherry pick our best players with obscene paychecks. Back to square fucking one again, playing against our own talent as they enter their prime.

DDvVf.jpg

This is really one of the only reasons the Rays are even in it at this point. Yankees and Red Sox continuing to give out awful contracts is one of the biggest reasons why other teams in the AL East have a shot.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
darkside31337 said:
Realistically Mets fans give up by the end of the first week of April.
alright, i shall take the advice of the seasoned veterans and give up. thanks for nothing mets.

Doytch

Yeah, don't fucking lump in TOrontto with your shitty ass team that went all in with fucking Mark Reynolds and Derek Lee. Batlimore sucks sucks cause they're run by a retard.

Did you know the twins only have 2 wins in September? They're 8-43 their past 51 games. And their longest win streak during that time is 2 wins. Which they accomplished once.

Malo

Banned
Doytch said:
Yeah, don't fucking lump in TOrontto with your shitty ass team that went all in with fucking Mark Reynolds and Derek Lee. Batlimore sucks sucks cause they're run by a retard.
Andy Macphail is not a very competent gm that's for sure.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
weekend_warrior said:
Did you know the twins only have 2 wins in September? They're 8-43 their past 51 games. And their longest win streak during that time is 2 wins. Which they accomplished once.

Joe Mauer should win the MVP this year too. He's been out for the whole season which is unfortunate for the Twins.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
weekend_warrior said:
So the Sox can't even win shittiest September team??

darkside31337 said:
Joe Mauer should win the MVP this year too. He's been out for the whole season which is unfortunate for the Twins.

Speaking of Mauer, you know how many HRs he has this year? 3. Granted he's only played half a season, but in 300 AB he only has 3 HR. What a horrendous season it's been for the Twins.

hemtae

God dammit. Red Sox could have put the Rays further in the grave, yet they let fucking JoJo Reyes strikeout 5. The fucking pitcher who set the record for the most amount of starts without a win. He's their version of Lackey except he fucking set the record for the most amount of starts without a win.

Why can't the end of the season ever go smoothly.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
weekend_warrior said:
Speaking of Mauer, you know how many HRs he has this year? 3. Granted he's only played half a season, but in 300 AB he only has 3 HR. What a horrendous season it's been for the Twins.
well if you take out his mvp year his avg HRs per year is 9. So its not that much different from his career norms. His power is way down overall this year though.

Windu said:
alright, i shall take the advice of the seasoned veterans and give up. thanks for nothing mets.
In order to feel safe about your Wild Card need you have to have Mike Pelfrey beat the Cards...

HAHAHA YOU HAVE TO RELY ON MIKE PELFREY!

Malo

Banned
hemtae said:
God dammit. Red Sox could have put the Rays further in the grave, yet they let fucking JoJo Reyes strikeout 5. The fucking pitcher who set the record for the most amount of starts without a win. He's their version of Lackey except he fucking set the record for the most amount of starts without a win.

Why can't the end of the season ever go smoothly.
It's better than having the Rays win.

:Jangocube

O's really came through today.

Ok Rays, this is what we're gonna do for you. We're gonna let you win tomorrows first game, but we're taking the second game, and AND, if you can't muster the will to win the first game, we're gonna sweep you this series. Because you deserve it.

jman2050

Celsior said:
Yanks can clinch the division tomorrow with 2 wins, and a boston loss

A small part of me is hoping for 2-2 this series. Enough to clinch a playoff spot and practically the division, while giving the Rays a fighting chance against Boston.

On the other hand I would be terrified of the Rays in a seven game series.

Celsior said:
Yanks can clinch the division tomorrow with 2 wins, and a boston loss

If that's true, then that's what I'm hoping for.
If that happens, we can throw every game after that - EXCEPT the games with Boston, because we can help knock them out of the playoffs by beating the fuck out of them.

Meh Braves are fine. The Cardinals won't be able to catch them. Who do the Cards play next?

edit: whoa, Braves are in trouble. Cards play Mets for 3 more, then Cubs for 3, then Astros for 3. LOL!

hemtae

captmcblack said:
If that's true, then that's what I'm hoping for.
If that happens, we can throw every game after that - EXCEPT the games with Boston, because we can help knock them out of the playoffs by beating the fuck out of them.

You're awfully confident for a seasons worth of getting your ass kicked by them

I'm awfully confident for a months worth of sucking ass by them

weekend_warrior said:
Meh Braves are fine. The Cardinals won't be able to catch them. Who do the Cards play next?

edit: whoa, Braves are in trouble. Cards play Mets for 3 more, then Cubs for 3, then Astros for 3. LOL!

lol. Brewers-Cards NLCS. BOOK THAT SHIT.

weekend_warrior said:

The Braves face the Nationals next, so they aren't exactly in trouble either. Especially since they don't face John Lannan in that series, who pitches like Cy Young against them. They face Chien-Ming Wang on Saturday, so that's pretty much a win.

Man, I want Halladay to win the Cy Young just so your only reason to post in here is destroyed.

Edit: Damn it, that was directed at Puddles. You post about other stuff sometimes, Meier. Mostly Kemp.

So...who here had the Twins having a lower run differential than the Astros at the end of the season?

Twins are staring down the barrell of 100 losses. 94th loss tonight with 9 left to play. Holy fuck.

Bill Smith's got to be shitcanned after this season, especially after trading J.J. Hardy to the Orioles for nothing and watching him hit 30 home runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom