• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
BJ Upton just stole 3rd base. That crazy mofo

Noesi has some sick movement on his pitches. Get the feeling he really has no idea where they are going though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow Rays GIDP with Upton out at home.

Upton didn't slide, didn't barrel the catcher just went in there standing up like there was no play at all.

He was safe too. Not even close. Tag was applied so late it wasn't even funny. And yet he was still called out. Unreal that play, all around.

Jangocube

Banned
Yeah, I know people who've met with the Upton brothers and talked to them for a bit and well, I'll just say that it's great that they were born with awesome athletic ability. Because upstairs, well, not all the lights are on.

C.B. Bucknor is behind home plate for Phillies/Braves. Jerry Meals is at third base. Where's Joe West and Angel Hernandez to complete the umpiring crew from hell?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Gonzo double, awesome. 2 down, 4 to go.
Jangocube said:
Yeah, I know people who've met with the Upton brothers and talked to them for a bit and well, I'll just say that it's great that they were born with awesome athletic ability. Because upstairs, well, not all the lights are on.
pehaps that is the reason why they signed Damon, makes Upton look smarter and brings his value up.

Sanjuro

Windu said:
Gonzo double, awesome. 2 down, 4 to go.

pehaps that is the reason why they signed Damon, makes Upton look smarter and brings his value up.
Damon's HoF speech is going to go down in history as the best ever. BOOK IT.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This Rays broadcast is spending almost as much time keeping track and showing game footage of the Red Sox as it is the Rays.

I don't like it. Don't like it one bit.

Sanjuro

darkside31337 said:
This Rays broadcast is spending almost as much time keeping track and showing game footage of the Red Sox as it is the Rays.

I don't like it. Don't like it one bit.
Well there are more Red Sox fans in the Rays market than Rays fans.

Sanjuro

lucius said:
His age still worries me I just don't want him pitching in games they don't need then maybe his back acting up.
I don't think it's the time to start babying him based on his career. Keep him fresh. Give him his inning pitched during this series. No harm done.

Windu

seems like prado has gotten to the point where he doesn't want to strikeout so that plus his bad on base skills all he seems to be doing is making weak contact with the ball. hopefully he figures it out next spring.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You win a vintage one paragraph article from the Great Rivera Spit-Ball controversy of 2009.
awesome, i'll start the bidding at $2000.

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
Cliff Lee already at 50 pitches through 3 innings. I like where this is going.
with our luck he'll throw the next 6 innings on 50 pitches or something.
JABEE said:
What team are you a fan of?
Dodgers, wants Kershaw to win the Cy Young. Lee pitching bad helps his chances.

Meier

Joe Shlabotnik said:
This is paradox logic. Are you trying to blow up a computer?

Sabermetric guys would pick the player with inferior stats if the stats said they were... superior?
By every conceivable notion, Kershaw (and Halladay) has been better than Lee this year and yet some sort Saber formula says otherwise apparently so I wouldn't count anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom