• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Maxim726X said:
Someone on the list of 5 has played in the majors before... Have any idea who it could be?

I assume you're talking about the KRod trade? Scroll up.

My money is on McClendon

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey I was just going through my Verizon FiOs menu

There's a banner advertisement that states MLB Extra Innings Half Season Free Preview 7/14-7/20

So maybe some GAFfers get a week worth of enjoyment

Malo

Banned
captmcblack said:
If Jimenez is available, Yankees need to try to get in on that.
They definitely should, but they might have to give up most of their best prospects in that trade like Montero and Baunelos.

eznark

Banned
SuperMalo said:
They definitely should, but they might have to give up most of their best prospects in that trade like Montero and Baunelos.

I have a feeling giving up a lot for Ubaldo will prove to be a mistake.

The Frankman said:
oh get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
Sorry bro, but my team needs pitching, they're apparently making a lefty ace available, and my team happens to have 3 or 4 of the top 50 prospects in the game, including 2 that could potentially replace what the Rockies would be trading.

So it would make sense for Cashman to at least inquire.

Unless you're just being a Yankee-hating douchelord here, which is plausible <3

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
captmcblack said:
Sorry bro, but my team needs pitching, they're apparently making a lefty ace available, and my team happens to have 3 or 4 of the top 50 prospects in the game, including 2 that could potentially replace what the Rockies would be trading.

The Rockies don't have a single lefty in their starting rotation.

Speaking of lefty aces though, Yankees just picked up J.C Romero.

Might as well give them the trophy now.

captmcblack said:

You have no idea who you want to acquire don't you? Typical Yankee gotta-have-every-top-FA mentality again huh?

... Cashman not doing his homework I see. Romero is useless without the 'roids...

The Frankman said:
You have no idea who you want to acquire don't you? Typical Yankee gotta-have-every-top-FA mentality again huh?

... Cashman not doing his homework I see. Romero is useless without the 'roids...

Let the yanks get Ubaldo. The man sucks historically in the second half.

Whatever, I fucked up his handedness, I'm posting from a phone while working, eat a dick haters, etc.

Yankees need pitching, have trade pieces, should inquire, end of discussion.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
captmcblack said:

Well, if you guys want a lefty ace...

v48p39.gif

eznark

Banned
captmcblack said:
Whatever, I fucked up his handedness, I'm posting from a phone while working, eat a dick haters, etc.

Blaming your phone? For shame, sir.

Malo

Banned
eznark said:
I have a feeling giving up a lot for Ubaldo will prove to be a mistake.
I'm in the same boat. He hasn't been nearly as good since his dominate first half last season.

captmcblack said:

no fucking way should they trade for Ubaldo. he's regresssing dude!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
XiaNaphryz said:
Well, if you guys want a lefty ace...

v48p39.gif

I nominate that as the world's hottest radar gun. There's no way Zito throws 85 MPH anymore let alone 88.

Yankees could use Ubaldo. No duh? There's no freaking way Cash is banking on Colon + Garcia down the stretch. Ubaldo is the same exact guy he was last year, this year he's as unlucky as much as he was ridiculously lucky last season.

Why would the Rockies trade him though? He has the most team friendly contract for any player in all of baseball (making 2.8 mil this year, 4.2 in 2012, 5.75 in 2013 and 8 in 2014 with buyouts in 13/14). There is absolutely no way they should trade him now.

Sharp

darkside31337 said:
The Rockies don't have a single lefty in their starting rotation.

I can't fathom why teams continue to pick up discarded Nationals prospects. Guys, if you can't play for us...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sharp said:
I can't fathom why teams continue to pick up discarded Nationals prospects. Guys, if you can't play for us...

This is Cashman's revenge for totally missing on Tyler Clippard.

Saddest thing is Romero isn't a prospect he's 35. He's also walked more guys then he has struck out in each of the last 3 seasons. And he's a juicer who's been awful every since getting busted for the juice.

darkside31337 said:
This is Cashman's revenge for totally missing on Tyler Clippard.

Saddest thing is Romero isn't a prospect he's 35. He's also walked more guys then he has struck out in each of the last 3 seasons. And he's a juicer who's been awful every since getting busted for the juice.
Casman will chide the Phillies in September for over-juicing Romero after he blows multiple holds for the Yanks. Book it.

David Waldstein of the New York Times is reporting the Brewers were actually one of the 10 teams on K-Rod's no-trade list when he signed his 3-year, $37 million deal with the Mets after the 2008 season.

So how did he get traded to the Brewers without his consent?

K-Rod's agent at the time of the contract signing, Paul Kinzer, never submitted the list to the Mets.

Oops.

bluemax

Banned
eznark said:
ROGER CLEMENS MISTRAIL

He's guilty as fuck though. My ex used to work at a lab that had needles and shit with his DNA all over them.

darkside31337 said:
I nominate that as the world's hottest radar gun. There's no way Zito throws 85 MPH anymore let alone 88.

Yankees could use Ubaldo. No duh? There's no freaking way Cash is banking on Colon + Garcia down the stretch. Ubaldo is the same exact guy he was last year, this year he's as unlucky as much as he was ridiculously lucky last season.

Why would the Rockies trade him though? He has the most team friendly contract for any player in all of baseball (making 2.8 mil this year, 4.2 in 2012, 5.75 in 2013 and 8 in 2014 with buyouts in 13/14). There is absolutely no way they should trade him now.

Exactly the same minus a few miles per hour on his fastball.

Doytch

Klaw's updated top-50 prospects is up on Insider: http://klaw.me/mX8Gtn

Jays are Lawrie (9), D'Arnaud (20), Alvarez (39) and Hutchison (48). Lemme know if you want his 2-3 sentence blurbs on anyone (Jays or otherwise).

Jose Altuve is #50. Underrated total, anti-Texas liberal bias

Top prospects who regressed are Teheran (6 to 12), Hicks (10 to 15), Wil Myers (8 to 16), Banuelos (12 to 18), Montero (4 to 21).

Malo

Banned
Doytch said:

Jays are Lawrie (9), D'Arnaud (20), Alvarez (39) and Hutchison (48). Lemme know if you want his 2-3 sentence blurbs on anyone (Jays or otherwise).

Top prospects who regressed are Teheran (6 to 12), Hicks (10 to 15), Wil Myers (8 to 16), Banuelos (12 to 18), Montero (4 to 21).
That's certainly a bigger drop than expected.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:

Jose Altuve is a god. I'm convinced Keith would haven't put him on the top 50 if Goldstein wasn't singing Altuve's praises every single day.

Not having Trout on the list is silly though. He's clearly overmatched right now at the major league level and there is no way he's not back in the minors once Bourjos gets back off the DL. Keith pretending that Trout's been promoted to the bigs while factual is kind of silly.

Ubaldo has lost a tick off his FB. But he's still averaging 93.9 on it so there's no need to freak out about it. It's been trending upwards as the season has progressed as is basically almost at where it was last year, I do wonder how much that thumb injury was bothering him at the start of the season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:
Mets held a workout today and TC was interviewed:

all green.

What flag is there to waive?

This closer by committee crap is stupid (I actually agree with the theory behind it as closers are overrated but this is not why TC is doing this). There are no WC hopes this season, it's just building for the future and Parnell is the only guy out of the 3 with a legit chance at being the closer of the future. I'm not even sure why we are keeping Izzy around.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
How much was Collins in the loop on the K-Rod trade? It's just kind of an odd situation considering that there's no go-to replacement for closer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sf2fanatic said:
Will it be mostly Parnell? I picked him up for insurance..

It should be Parnell but to me it sounds like TC is leaning towards Izzy because he's the guy who has been there and done it before while Parnell can be groomed into the role as the season progresses.

LJ11

Izzy can't get lefties out for his life, Parnell's struggled with lefties in the past, and Beato's raw. Doesn't matter how in on the trade he was, there's no solid guy. Parnell's done pretty well, but we've seen this shit from him before. Just roll with Parnell until the clock strikes midnight.

Parnell reminds me of Heath Bell (Met version).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I love Joe & Evan interviews, they are so much more in touch with what we want to hear than Mike is. The Terry Collins interview they just did was great. Can't wait to hear Girardi with them tomorrow.

Malo

Banned
Wellington said:
I think the reverse. Should have been a bigger drop.
Baseball America still had him in the top ten in their Top 50 Midseason's prospects, so I wassn't expecting it but I'm not surprised.

Alex Rodriguez will miss 4-6 weeks after having surgery to repair a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee earlier this week, but one of the doctors that treated Bartolo Colon says that a stem cell procedure would have had Alex back much sooner. Pedro Briceno of Listin Diario has the report. Dr. Sergio Guzman said the entire procedure, which would involve extracting live stem cells and fatty tissue from A-Rod’s body and injecting them into the knee, would have taken about three hours and had him back on the field in two days. Two days!

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/07/doc-stems-cell-treatment-would-have-had-a-rod-back-in-a-few-days-52415/
Damn it, they should of put that man on the Bartolo treament lol

LJ11 said:
Izzy can't get lefties out for his life, Parnell's struggled with lefties in the past, and Beato's raw. Doesn't matter how in on the trade he was, there's no solid guy. Parnell's done pretty well, but we've seen this shit from him before. Just roll with Parnell until the clock strikes midnight.

Parnell reminds me of Heath Bell (Met version).
Really? I see Beato as more of a future closer since he has deeper stuff (hard sinker/95 mph fastball/nice curve/decent slider) and locates better. Parnell is on a roll due to the resurgence of his slider... he throws a change but it's not a good one at all. If he can't locate either pitch he's screwed. I mean Parnell can throw 100 mph but so could Derek Wallace/Kane Davis/etc.

Izzy cannot locate the cutter in on lefties consistently, and doesn't throw the knuckle-curve as much anymore. Considering 90 mph is as hard as he can throw... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom