• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pat Burrell to start?

sJhUy.gif

Bochy...not sooo fast!

Maxim726X

The Frankman said:
Really? I see Beato as more of a future closer since he has deeper stuff (hard sinker/95 mph fastball/nice curve/decent slider) and locates better. Parnell is on a roll due to the resurgence of his slider... he throws a change but it's not a good one at all. If he can't locate either pitch he's screwed. I mean Parnell can throw 100 mph but so could Derek Wallace/Kane Davis/etc.

Izzy cannot locate the cutter in on lefties consistently, and doesn't throw the knuckle-curve as much anymore. Considering 90 mph is as hard as he can throw... yeah.

If Parnell can control his slider and his fastball he can be a dominating closer. Problem always was that he never had a trustworthy secondary pitch... So if he can learn to locate it, I think he'd actually be very good.

He'll get the chance, that's for sure.

sangreal

Colon just gave me a heart attack by covering first.

Then again, he probably had 3

Meanwhile, he is getting ridiculously squeezed

dmag1223

First time I've seen Colon this year. The guy was never Mr. Universe, but damn he looks like a freaking whale. He looks ready to top 3 bills here soon. How can a professional athlete treat his body so poorly?

Doytch

Half-price appetizers and discovering some sick local craft brew, and then I come home to a 9-1 lead? That'll do.

e: awww, thought we had some FLASHCOBAR goin right there.
e2: wat the fuck is with these graphics on sportsnet. shits straight out of the 70s.
e3: oh what the fuck thames
e5: lol reyes you cow

Fenix

Doytch said:
Half-price appetizers and discovering some sick local craft brew, and then I come home to a 9-1 lead? That'll do.

e: awww, thought we had some FLASHCOBAR goin right there.
e2: wat the fuck is with these graphics on sportsnet. shits straight out of the 70s.
e3: oh what the fuck thames
e5: lol reyes you cow
It's 80's night.

Doytch

Lambtron said:
What was the reasoning for this? I'm just curious. He had a tough start to the season but seems to be turning it around.
Analysis: Hicks got off to a horrible start, but is now hitting .294/.414/.447 (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) since May 1. He's a true center fielder who projects to have above-average defense, a plus arm, the ability to get on base and more power once he gets out of the pitcher-friendly Florida State League. Preseason Ranking: 10

dunno, guess the bad start

Sanjuro

Car has transmission problems, MIA.
Threw out back this morning.
Got spit at by a raging customer.
Dumped via text message.
Get home, sit in desk chair, chair breaks.
No beer left.
No Red Sox.

3VPaC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom