• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenix

Doytch said:
bububububu no options and a team is gonna claaaaaim him. fuck if some team claimed him id be glad. guy is shit.
I have a feeling he'll be gone by the trade deadline.

No real reason to have him here over Stewart, or even Brad Mills.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Who's fucking idea was it to only have about three fucking games the first day after the All-Star break?

This is how it has always been (recently anyway). Only about half the teams play on Thursday after the all-star game.

sangreal

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Who's fucking idea was it to only have about three fucking games the first day after the All-Star break?
9V9Vf.jpg

SyNapSe

Bruce Chenimal! He's decent, I'm sure the Royals are preparing to trade him ASAP like any other player who isn't gawful.

Sharp

I never in my life thought I'd say "Dunn would have had that" but Fielder just made it happen. Well, maybe Dunn wouldn't have gotten there I guess.

LJ11

The Frankman said:
Really? I see Beato as more of a future closer since he has deeper stuff (hard sinker/95 mph fastball/nice curve/decent slider) and locates better. Parnell is on a roll due to the resurgence of his slider... he throws a change but it's not a good one at all. If he can't locate either pitch he's screwed. I mean Parnell can throw 100 mph but so could Derek Wallace/Kane Davis/etc.

Izzy cannot locate the cutter in on lefties consistently, and doesn't throw the knuckle-curve as much anymore. Considering 90 mph is as hard as he can throw... yeah.

If you saw Izzy's curve in ST vs now you'll understand why he doesn't throw it, it's junk. It looked pretty nasty in ST, but the dude is old and he just doesn't have it anymore.

Beato may be the guy down the road, but he's not there yet. Now if we had the same Beato that you have in that fucking league roster, well yeah, have his ass close right now because he's filthy.

LJ11 said:
If you saw Izzy's curve in ST vs now you'll understand why he doesn't throw it, it's junk. It looked pretty nasty in ST, but the dude is old and he just doesn't have it anymore.

Beato may be the guy down the road, but he's not there yet. Now if we had the same Beato that you have in that fucking league roster, well yeah, have his ass close right now because he's filthy.
lol funny thing is they shortchanged him on the roster, i think he was missing a pitch or two.

eznark

Banned
Remember when Jim Riggleman was never going to get a job in baseball again? Guy would be blackballed? He had killed his chances of ever coaching at any level?

John Heyman said:
Jim riggleman is officially hired by giants as special assignment scout. Sabean/bochy make excellent hires

You guys haven't watched baseball long enough.

Sharp

eznark said:
Remember when Jim Riggleman was never going to get a job in baseball again? Guy would be blackballed? He had killed his chances of ever coaching at any level?

You guys haven't watched baseball long enough.
Yeah, I heard he was interviewing with Sabean. Should've known he'd get a job with that organization when he was selected to the ASG despite a miserable record. I maintain that he won't get another management job for many years, though. Scouting is something he's actually decent at.

Also, Bryce going full douche earlier than expected.

eznark

Banned
Sharp said:
Yeah, I heard he was interviewing with Sabean. Should've known he'd get a job with that organization when he was selected to the ASG despite a miserable record. I maintain that he won't get another management job for many years, though. Scouting is something he's actually decent at.

Also, Bryce going full douche earlier than expected.

The minute he said he pretty much stopped caring because he was bored at A I knew the guy was a twat for life.

As far as Riggleman, I am guessing he'll backdoor his way to a job in 2014. I'm going to say there is a better than 75% chance he is a bench coach next season.

Sharp

With idiots like Sabean in charge, I guess I shouldn't bet against it. I wish I knew how to get into the old boys' club that is MLB management positions, because it seems like regardless of how bad you are at your job or how poorly you do in the many chances you're given, you can always find another.

Enron

Banned
darkiguana said:
The dutch oven pitches another gem. 18 scoreless innings in a row.

If history holds, then that means he'll give up 20 runs in his next two starts and walk 14 batters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom