• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

I love the warnings in the Japanese manual... such as: Do not put your DS in a microwave for over 3 minutes:

dslite6.jpg

Oh and here's my beauty. I never did post a picture of it.

dslite5.jpg

arne

I need to take pics still, I got my enamel navy one in 3 days from p-a. I got 1 dead pixel on the top screen, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't bright blue, but still way workable. I need games, I only have a nintendogs that's been neglected for 6 months (talk about fleas!)

Chittagong

Gold Member
radioheadrule83 said:
I love the warnings in the Japanese manual... such as: Do not put your DS in a microwave for over 3 minutes:

dslite6.jpg

Oh and here's my beauty. I never did post a picture of it.

dslite5.jpg

Wait, there is a Nintendo logo on that device... REMAININGSECRETATON!

Cheebs

saz said:
I hope mine comes in before the weekend...

Oh and cheebs and ascully: did you get charged any extra import/customs duty or anything by the mailman?
No charges or anything like that.

guise

Just to be extra cautious i changed my shipping from UPS to EMS Speedpost (to England) since i heard UPS can be a bitch when it comes to customs. At the very least ill save myself $20, een if i do still get charged duty.

maynerd

Banned
HowardMoon said:
Just to be extra cautious i changed my shipping from UPS to EMS Speedpost (to England) since i heard UPS can be a bitch when it comes to customs. At the very least ill save myself $20, een if i do still get charged duty.

GOOD move. UPS is ass.

HowardMoon said:

EMS blows my mind. i buy from asia alot and the fly straight to me (san francisco). i was a dumbass and didnt go EMS with my DSL. NEVER AGAIN.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
GOT MINE FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAVY BLUE ENAMEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO DEAD PIXELS AS FAR AS I CAN C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORKS WITH MY GBA F2ADVANCE FLASHCART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock: :fudance: :notmybaby: :pandaongokart:

cvxfreak

isamu said:

WORKS WITH MY GBA F2ADVANCE FLASHCART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

mj1108

radioheadrule83 said:

dslite6.jpg

Nintendo making microwaves???

KitchenAid in fear!! GOES THIRD PARTY!

arne

isamu said:

somehow your animated pic has never been more fitting! :lol

arne

Unison said:
When on NeoGAF do what the GAFers do:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7126/dslite1pi.jpg

It looks brighter than not only my Palm Pilot but my Computer Monitor too!! :lol

I didn't take a pic up to my laptop screen, but I can guarantee that it's brighter than this thinkpad x24 can muster.

anyway, here's mine for the sake of it now that i took pics (and blurry ones for shame!).
This shows Fritz (my only DS game right now), my neglected for six months German Shepherd. He had fleas.

126783061_18952216da.jpg

I just wanted to say thanks to Bastard666 and the first people here to order from GCC. I had an order in to Lik-Sang since Feb12 for a DS Lite and got screwed like the rest of you. Ordered from GameChoiceClub and it arrived on my doorstep in no time.

p.s. thought you guys might get a kick out this:

DSLiteTravelItinerary.jpg

Shigiloid said:
I just wanted to say thanks to Bastard666 and the first people here to order from GCC. I had an order in to Lik-Sang since Feb12 for a DS Lite and got screwed like the rest of you. Ordered from GameChoiceClub and it arrived on my doorstep in no time.

It never arrived in The Ville that first time... It just says Louisville, cuz that's where one of the main hubs that does online processing resides...

It never arrived in The Ville that first time... It just says Louisville, cuz that's where one of the main hubs that does online processing resides...

I have had more than a few shipments from Hong Kong do the very same thing....just thought it was funny.....i was off the day it went to Anchorage and the anticipation was killing me (thinking that maybe, just maybe I might get it a day early).

maynerd

Banned
Shigiloid said:

FU UPS FU

rod

Banned
hi guys since i dont wanna go through the whole thread i was wondering..

1.does any places at the moment have WHITE, IN STOCK

2.if not what places has the navy for the cheapest price

mj1108

JeffDowns said:

There goes our hopes and dreams that our DS Lites had the power to teleport. :(

Xrenity

I think DS lites will drop in price this/next week. Can't take much longer, as Lik-sang will get more stock this week.

If all pre-orders are taken care of, as well as most of the new $200 orders, there's more supply than needed.

Ah well, at least I hope the price drops quickly.

RaidenZR

Xrenity said:
I think DS lites will drop in price this/next week. Can't take much longer, as Lik-sang will get more stock this week.

If all pre-orders are taken care of, as well as most of the new $200 orders, there's more supply than needed.

All pre-orders are NOT taken care of. I'm still waiting on mine.

medrew

Xrenity said:

They're still very much backlogged on white orders and aren't taking new ones yet.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sorry for the silly question guys, but how do you adjust the brightness settings on this thing?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Boot it up to the Menu and hit the little sun in the left bottom corner.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
DS Lite received, 4 days after I oredered it from GCC :)
I used EMS, and got no customs.
Thanks again Bastard666.

Xrenity

RaidenZR said:
All pre-orders are NOT taken care of. I'm still waiting on mine.
I guess you didn't pay the extra?
I've read people who pre-ordered on March 30th and got their DS lites sent out today/yesterday.

I'm still waiting for the price to drop.

medrew

Well their front page states they are shipping Navy and Ice Blues within 24 hours.
White's are backordered until (at least) April 15th.

GCC sent my white today after ordering it a few days ago. :)

MadFuzzy

Retail prices in Hong Kong hadn't dropped at all when I looked at the weekend. It was still around 1500 HKD (around $195) for the blue models and nearly 1600 HKD (around $205) for the white ones and not all retailers have got stock either.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It is such a pleasure to rediscover all your games with these screens! I will miss the invulnerable aspect of the old DS, the DS Lite has a "precious" design that doesn't go along well with a handheld IMO => I will need a pouch for this one.
Apart from that, the best just got better :). I love it!

RaidenZR

Xrenity said:
I guess you didn't pay the extra?
I've read people who pre-ordered on March 30th and got their DS lites sent out today/yesterday.

I'm still waiting for the price to drop.

I pre-ordered Feb 10 from P-A. I don't know what their problem is or why they have such ass supply. They NEED to get their shit together if these other import sites are doing fine.

Cheebs

Why are you guys still waiting on PA? GCC ships out any color for $199...TODAY! Cancel at PA and order a GCC, you'll get it by the end of the week most likely.

hooo

boooy
Cheebs said:
Why are you guys still waiting on PA? GCC ships out any color for $199...TODAY! Cancel at PA and order a GCC, you'll get it by the end of the week most likely.
Viral marketer or just ignorant? The whites at gcc are $210 (though they dio have them in stock it looks like) and when PA does ship, it'll be $40 cheaper. It's a bit frustrating that play asia still hasn't shipped out any white units, but it's understandable. Why should they take a loss when they can just push back the ship date and it's not like their competition is shipping out whites either.

I canceled my play-asia order yesterday and I'll prolly just wait on the US launch. I'd like to have a unit now, but I've got plenty of other things to do and I'd rather not get stuck with a unit with dead pixels. Hopefully Nintendo has ramped up production enough so they can make the release of New Super Mario Brothers.

Cheebs

hooo said:
Viral marketer or just ignorant? The whites at gcc are $210 (though they dio have them in stock it looks like) and when PA does ship, it'll be $40 cheaper. It's a bit frustrating that play asia still hasn't shipped out any white units, but it's understandable. Why should they take a loss when they can just push back the ship date and it's not like their competition is shipping out whites either.

I canceled my play-asia order yesterday and I'll prolly just wait on the US launch. I'd like to have a unit now, but I've got plenty of other things to do and I'd rather not get stuck with a unit with dead pixels. Hopefully Nintendo has ramped up production enough so they can make the release of New Super Mario Brothers.
No viral marketing here, look through the thread lots of pimping of GCC going 'round.

Captain N

rod said:
hi guys since i dont wanna go through the whole thread i was wondering..

1.does any places at the moment have WHITE, IN STOCK

2.if not what places has the navy for the cheapest price

NCSX will have it in stock tomorrow..they'll be shipping out all orders placed this week..even for White.

RaidenZR

Cheebs said:

Partially cause money is an issue and I'm playing less than $199 to get it in delivered in 2 days.

Plus, the promise of FREE CRAPPY GIFTS!

saz

Banned
Cheebs said:

Mine should be somewhere between Los Angeles and Boston right now :D

Should come tomorrow ....

MrNibbles

Banned
I ordered a few days back at PA when they had the big ol' "AVAILABLE NOW!" thing.

Enamel Navy.

Cooking Mama is holding up my order.

RaidenZR

MrNibbles said:
I ordered a few days back at PA when they had the big ol' "AVAILABLE NOW!" thing.

Enamel Navy.

Cooking Mama is holding up my order.

Let us know how that is. Seems like the impressions are sparse.

Top Bottom