• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

jenov4

Mine shipped out of Japan from a friend of mine on March 31st, and it arrived to my desk today via regular mail. Great stuff!! I got the Navy Blue one and yeah, this thing is a total fingerprint magnet. :lol

eLGee

Ulairi said:
It's coming from Hong Kong, I didn't know if it was 1-3 days once it got to the U.S. or 1-3 days from shipping.

Smart ass. :p

You can track your order on PA. Just go into the order details to see where your system is. Mine's here:

Apr 06, 2006 20:25:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN

Tony HoTT

Banned
mine came this morning. Played some shit on it for a few hours and I like it a lot. There really is no going back to the old model after using this. It's got a little weight to it and feels pretty durable. It's also much more comfortable to hold, but this could be because of my small hands. My small dick grabbing hands.

Yea its very comfortable to hold.. my fingers dont hurt when using the dpad like the old one too on fighting games hurray and snaking in mkart

im so glad i got white too.. i can feel my hands oil slipping on the surface of it sometimes and it makes me wonder "shit if i got blue it'd be my psp all over again"

:lol

I also took it around and showed some co-workers.. they gawked at its insane brightness and they compared it to my old ds and they were like "holy hell.. why does the old one even exist" lol

maynerd

Banned
I hate UPS.

04/06/2006 8:34 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY

Damn you UPS DAMN you to hell!

Chittagong

Gold Member
maynerd said:
I hate UPS.

04/06/2006 8:34 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY

Damn you UPS DAMN you to hell!

If you think that's bad, check this out:

Apr 06, 2006 15:19:00 FI HELSINKI THE RECEIVER REQUESTS UPS TO HOLD THIS SHPT AND CONTACT THEM FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION BEFORE CUSTOMS CLEARANCE;RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY
Apr 06, 2006 13:00:00 FI HELSINKI WAREHOUSE SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 09:49:00 FI HELSINKI OUT FOR DELIVERY
Apr 06, 2006 09:48:00 FI HELSINKI IMPORT SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 07:03:00 FI HELSINKI THE RECEIVER REQUESTS UPS TO HOLD THIS SHPT AND CONTACT THEM FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION BEFORE CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
Apr 06, 2006 06:44:00 SE MALMO STURUP A LATE AIRPLANE CAUSED THIS DELAY
Apr 06, 2006 06:11:00 SE MALMO STURUP DEPARTURE SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 04:57:00 SE MALMO STURUP UNLOAD SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 04:51:00 SE MALMO STURUP ARRIVAL SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 03:31:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) DEPARTURE SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 02:22:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) HUB SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 02:20:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) HUB SCAN
Apr 04, 2006 20:35:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN
Apr 04, 2006 18:54:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Apr 04, 2006 05:09:49 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I should be getting it finally today...

Chittagong

Gold Member
OOOOHHHHH YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Two white DS Lites, free carry case, free card game, Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters. Now playing Brain Age. God damn this screen is fantastic.

Everyone in the office have come by and drooled. "Finally I can get a DS" is the comment I've heard most.

Tetris DS matches this weekend with my gf ftw!

Xrenity

Nintendo DS Lite Shipping Update: Stable Supply on Enamel Navy and Ice Blue - Preorders Cleared

One month after the official street launch date in Japan, hundreds of vain calls to suppliers and truckloads of parcels later, we can see the Lite at the end of the tunnel. Today is a great day as the very last remaining preorders for the Enamel Navy and Ice Blue colors are shipping out. Furthermore, we have more stock ready at your disposal, and snatchers are finally welcome, with both flavors listed on "ships within 24 hours" status. That's the kind of fine news that makes me want to thank all customers for their patience, Lik Sang team members for their hard work and dedication, Starbucks for their support with the coffee, my mom, my dad and so forth. "Man, I wanna thank e'rybody, man!" (credits on this final quote go to 3-6 Mafia, during the Oscars presentation last month).

Meanwhile, we are still facing a bit of a shortage on the Crystal White unit. Roughly half of the online purchases made with Lik Sang could be shipped so far, but it might still take a couple of short weeks for the last sprint. It is the most sought-after variant everywhere which makes it unfortunately natural that demand exceeds supply a bit longer than for the other two iterations. This being said, if you are holding a NDS Lite White reservation and are tired of waiting in line, we welcome your lane-switch if you would like to make one. Feel free to contact Lik Sang Customer Support with your order ID number, and the appropriate backoffice changes will be performed instantly based on your instructions. If you are reading these lines while desperately shopping around, we advise you to jump on Enamel Navy or Ice Blue right away, rather than placing a risky bet on the Crystal Cocaine version of the DS Lite.
http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3835

Don't know if pre-orders are being sent for the old or new price.

Unison

NEW YORK, NY, US 04/07/2006 8:11 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/07/2006 7:45 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NEWARK, NJ, US 04/07/2006 7:00 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/07/2006 6:14 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 04/07/2006 4:32 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/07/2006 3:07 A.M. IMPORT SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US 04/06/2006 3:11 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/06/2006 1:19 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 04/06/2006 5:04 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
04/06/2006 5:04 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT
CHEUNG SHA WAN, HK 04/06/2006 2:35 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
HK 04/06/2006 6:41 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Go UPS! GO! GO!

I didn't expect 1 day shipping from Hong Kong at all. WOOOOOoO!

eLGee

I just got a call from UPS, telling me I need to pay $74 in import taxes. Good news are, I should have the DS Lite in my hands on Monday.

Chittagong said:
OOOOHHHHH YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Two white DS Lites, free carry case, free card game, Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters. Now playing Brain Age. God damn this screen is fantastic.

Everyone in the office have come by and drooled. "Finally I can get a DS" is the comment I've heard most.

Tetris DS matches this weekend with my gf ftw!

You got a cardgame AND a carrying case as well? For free? And you ordered it on April fourth?

I sure hope I'll get something sumthin'.

maynerd

Banned
Unison said:
NEW YORK, NY, US 04/07/2006 8:11 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/07/2006 7:45 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NEWARK, NJ, US 04/07/2006 7:00 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/07/2006 6:14 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 04/07/2006 4:32 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/07/2006 3:07 A.M. IMPORT SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US 04/06/2006 3:11 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/06/2006 1:19 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 04/06/2006 5:04 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
04/06/2006 5:04 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT
CHEUNG SHA WAN, HK 04/06/2006 2:35 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
HK 04/06/2006 6:41 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Go UPS! GO! GO!

I didn't expect 1 day shipping from Hong Kong at all. WOOOOOoO!

3 days faster to get from Hong Kong than to get from CA to WA. I HATE UPS!

Ulairi

Banned
Apr 07, 2006 17:04:00 US LOUISVILLE REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY. SHIPMENT RELEASE PENDING CLEARING AGENCY REVIEW;SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY, AWAITING FINAL RELEASE
Apr 06, 2006 20:54:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 19:09:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Apr 06, 2006 06:52:24 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Any chance I'll get this badboy today? I don't think I will but I'm hoping!

RaidenZR

I got my Keys Factory case today (white). I like it a lot, I just wish there was a flap or pocket to store an extra game card or something. It's only flaw, imo.

The only flaw other than NOT having a damn DS Lite to put in it.

Arrrggg. I envy all of you who have one... :(

Unison

Got the system. It looks great. I have the navy one, which does indeed attract fingerprints like you wouldn't believe.

Games looks more vibrant than ever now. I'm really impressed. :D

Screenshots don't really do it justice. I am using the 3rd brightest (of 4) setting.

Ulairi

Banned
I just got a call from UPS, telling me I need to pay $74 in import taxes. Good news are, I should have the DS Lite in my hands on Monday.[/qoute]

That sucks. What happens if you don't pay, can you return it or is it just gone?

ascully

Ulairi said:
I just got a call from UPS, telling me I need to pay $74 in import taxes. Good news are, I should have the DS Lite in my hands on Monday.[/qoute]

That sucks. What happens if you don't pay, can you return it or is it just gone?

Which country are you from? I have never had to pay import taxes here in the US.

eLGee

Ulairi said:

If I don't pay, I don't get my system. It'll get sent back to sender, and I'll get a refund minus shipping costs to me and back.

ascully said:
Which country are you from? I have never had to pay import taxes here in the US.

I live in Sweden, we have insane taxes when it comes to software and games. Like 30 %. You can import taxfree if the value is below $20.

I got a DS Lite today and showed it to my friend and guess what his reasoning for not liking it are:

1. The GBA games sticks out.
2. The size of the buttons are to small.
3. The corners hurt your hands.
4. Position of power button.

mj1108

Synbios459 said:
I got a DS Lite today and showed it to my friend and guess what his reasoning for not liking it are:

1. The GBA games sticks out.
2. The size of the buttons are to small.
3. The corners hurt your hands.
4. Position of power button.

Time to make some new friends...but do away with him first.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I just couldn't resist anymore I broke down and just placed an order for an Ice Blue @ Play Asia. I'll keep this one till the the DSL releases here in America and then I'll get a white one for me and give the ice blue DSL to my gf (who currently practically owns my original DS)

Before it's all over I'll own 2 DSL's and 1 DS and nintendo will own ME! :(

Sad thing is I think I like it

Ugh, Play-Asia is killing me with their shipping.

It was being "processed" for a week. They finally said that it shipped last Monday, but the Hong Kong Post parcel tracking is saying that it's only now being "processed" to be sent out, almost a week later. Why am I paying so much for shipping, again? :(

wes-

eLGee said:
I live in Sweden, we have insane taxes when it comes to software and games. Like 30 %. You can import taxfree if the value is below $20.

Come to Brazil, import taxes are 60% here IF customs are not keeping / stealing your package.

medrew

Mine's be stuck as 'wait-for-payment' at GCC for the past day and a half. :(
I don't see why that is considering I paid straight away via paypal. Might have to hit them up about it later.

slay65

I had good luck with GCC using paypal. I order a navy blue last Sunday night (US time) and received it Wed afternoon. They shipped it Monday morning. I used Speedpost express which was their cheapest "quick" shipping option.

This DS Lite is just amazing.

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point Destination
3-Apr-2006 13:39 Sham Shui Po Post Office United States of America

Date # Location Delivery Status
3-Apr-2006 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
3-Apr-2006 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
3-Apr-2006 Hong Kong Departed.
4-Apr-2006 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.
4-Apr-2006 United States of America Handed over to the Customs Office for clearance.
5-Apr-2006 United States of America In transit.
5-Apr-2006 United States of America Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.
5-Apr-2006 United States of America Delivered.

eLGee

wes- said:
Come to Brazil, import taxes are 60% here IF customs are not keeping / stealing your package.

Jesus, 60 %? I should consider myself lucky. I take it you're not gonna import a DS Lite?

pumi123

I just got my ds lite. for those who have own one, does the upper screen is bluish and the touch screen is yellowish? i never own original ds before so i dont know if this is normal or not for a touchscreen to appear more yellowish. help?

arab

pumi123 said:
I just got my ds lite. for those who have own one, does the upper screen is bluish and the touch screen is yellowish? i never own original ds before so i dont know if this is normal or not for a touchscreen to appear more yellowish. help?

pix plz

jdforge

Banned
Someone posted some really beautiful DS Lite pouches in this thread - Could someone please provide the link as to where they were bought, or even rec a sexy case to go with my White DSL?

Cheers!

wasting

Banned
Ordered Wednesday from GCC got it today, loving it!

DSC02553.JPG

Alcibiades

how much does a DS Lite in Japan cost as compared to a regular DS?

I'm tempted to order one from Japan right now, but I'm afraid they'll announce a US release for May at $129.99.

hard to make a decision right now.

of course, if demand is still uber-crazy weeks from now and a US launch seems months away, then I'd just want to order one right now anyway.

Top Bottom