• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Champions League Tourney

Magicked

I'm going to suck in this next tourney. I started playing PES 2011 (despite it's faults) because I love the master league. It plays so differently than FIFA though.

sneaky77

Magicked said:
I'm going to suck in this next tourney. I started playing PES 2011 (despite it's faults) because I love the master league. It plays so differently than FIFA though.

I played the demo.. but while I liked some of the ideas of it, and the field being bigger, the fluidity is just way below fifa.. the passing doesnt feel too natural

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
I played the demo.. but while I liked some of the ideas of it, and the field being bigger, the fluidity is just way below fifa.. the passing doesnt feel too natural

Yup. It's a totally different game. Gameplay-wise, I like some aspects from it and others are frustrating. My main reason for playing is the single player (master league). FIFA is completely broken in this area, and it's one of my favorite modes. I also love the camera angles and replay cinematics in PES over FIFA.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Two graphical areas PES has always excelled at are replays and lighting. I dunno why FIFA didn't just steal this too back when 08/Euro came out and they started borrowing liberally from PES gameplay mechanics. It's like they just can't be arsed to fix their absolutely godawful replay system or their bad lighting that makes night games totally uninteresting.

sneaky77

Magicked said:
Yup. It's a totally different game. Gameplay-wise, I like some aspects from it and others are frustrating. My main reason for playing is the single player (master league). FIFA is completely broken in this area, and it's one of my favorite modes. I also love the camera angles and replay cinematics in PES over FIFA.

yeah I havent played more than 1 or two single player games on fifa in years lol..

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Two graphical areas PES has always excelled at are replays and lighting. I dunno why FIFA didn't just steal this too back when 08/Euro came out and they started borrowing liberally from PES gameplay mechanics. It's like they just can't be arsed to fix their absolutely godawful replay system or their bad lighting that makes night games totally uninteresting.

Haha, seriously. It's amazing to me how much FIFA is coasting along now that they have the bigger market share again. They have no desire to fix any of the outstanding bugs from previous years. As long as online plays well and ultimate team continues to be a cash cow, they couldn't give a shit about the rest. FIFA's gameplay is definitely good, but seriously, fix the rest of the game!

sneaky77

Magicked said:
Haha, seriously. It's amazing to me how much FIFA is coasting along now that they have the bigger market share again. They have no desire to fix any of the outstanding bugs from previous years. As long as online plays well and ultimate team continues to be a cash cow, they couldn't give a shit about the rest. FIFA's gameplay is definitely good, but seriously, fix the rest of the game!

I am glad they are spending time on the gameplay to be honest, it used to be they spent more time in other areas.. i hope they fix the single player, but is likely the higher percentage of people play online.

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
I am glad they are spending time on the gameplay to be honest, it used to be they spent more time in other areas.. i hope they fix the single player, but is likely the higher percentage of people play online.

Oh, absolutely. The gameplay is the most important area. It just seems like many of the issues they have should be easily fixable. Hell, an intern could probably fix the damn career mode in a few months. Maybe their code is a convoluted turd or something?

sneaky77

Magicked said:
Oh, absolutely. The gameplay is the most important area. It just seems like many of the issues they have should be easily fixable. Hell, an intern could probably fix the damn career mode in a few months. Maybe their code is a convoluted turd or something?

More than likely lol..

k0ji-wd

actually can i swap my team for man united? i can't handle being those city cunts. . .and their teams way too overpowered

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
actually can i swap my team for man united? i can't handle being those city cunts. . .and their teams way too overpowered

cause Man Utd is not overpowered? lol yeah u can change it if u want

edit: changed.

k0ji-wd

2rxzj3d.jpg

k0ji-wd

actually can i swap my team for real madrid? i can't handle being those united cunts. . .and their teams way too overpowered

Mr Fisher has been promoted to manager of Birmingham, UK club Aston Villa. Here is his statement.

This club is soaked in history. They haven't had European success since 1982. They consist of some of the most talented players in Europe, and have a promising youth program. I plan on bringing the much deserved Holte End something to celebrate. I bleed Claret and Blue, and there is nothing on this earth that will bring me more pleasure than to lead the Villans to the ultimate trophy in club association football. Up the Villa.

Aston-Villa.jpg

Brad-Friedel-Aston-Villa-shirt_1093834.jpg

Keeper Brad Friedel, of Bay Village, OH, USA.

_46406665__46406056_agbonlahor_getty766-1.jpg

AstonVillaHanksPA_468x294.jpg

Tom Hanks, actor, displaying his loyalty to Aston Villa Football Club. Other celebrity fans include the United Kingdom's Prime Minister David Cameron and Prince William.

ATF487

So if Villa are in, does that mean we don't have to pick teams that are actually in the round of 16 of this Champions League?

If so, GET READY FOR LIVERPOOL

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
damn i ned to find a good deal on this game. i miss getting my ass kicked in these tourneys with you guys.
and clubs, which is awesome this year mostly thanks to there being people on for club play every night

ShogunX

I will go with -

NapoliBadge.png

Napoli. Mainly because I'm currently managing the team on FM 2011 and they have a decent trio of Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi.

Slizz

Awesome Animals said:
No one wants to take RM or Barça because they'll get mocked until they quit GAF :D
So we should mock k0ji then. I think he is the only one with a 5* team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pretty sure koji is still man city, and in any event we should all treat the manu pick as a joke and just make koji be man city regardless of his intent

Slizz

AstroLad said:
pretty sure koji is still man city, and in any event we should all treat the manu pick as a joke and just make koji be man city regardless of his intent
However both Manchesters are 5*. I mean City has to be, with basically a starting lineup on the bench.

Where is it posted k0ji took Manchester City? I only see Man U

And I think the only mockable teams are Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona. I know Bayern, Tottenham, and Arsenal are all strong teams too, so there should be no mocking. Prove it on the pitch. I know I will. Watch out for the beauty that is Darren Bent.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Wha-wha-whaaaaa!??
Its too cheap to pick barça but not having full auto controls with them after playing over 100 matches online is a dealbreaker.

Messi is like 92 in speed and 89 in acceleration plus 5 stars in skill moves. Its like nba jam lol.

I like atletico with kun, forlan and simao up front. Plus they have a good goalie and forlan beastmodes free kicks.

Sorry sneaks I think that's your team!

We can trade this time!

edit--- yeah I think chelsea are better than man u. If you pick Barça online now 9/10 times you'll face chelsea.

Madrid sucks

sneaky77

I think I am gonna go and try out Roma, I haven't used them before so Im sure it will be a disaster lol but I just want to change it up.

AndresON777 said:
Its too cheap to pick barça but not having full auto controls with them after playing over 100 matches online is a dealbreaker.

is even more cheap to use Barca WITH auto controls. And my team is Ath Bilbao. not for this league though

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
and clubs, which is awesome this year mostly thanks to there being people on for club play every night

yeah i see you guys on all the time. im jealous.

maybe in a few months or so. $40 or bust!

Top Bottom