• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Champions League Tourney

Slizz said:
Nah I'll take the trio of rowdy Brazilians as well as the best nose in the game.

EDIT: Also sucks if that transfer pack comes during our season for Aston Villa. Despite being a poor player in real life Carew is pretty decent in FIFA....

Carew leaving, and Darren Bent coming? I'll take that. Plus I get a good CDM in Markoun, and I usually play with Agbonlahor up front anyways.

To Sneaky, magicked, Shallnoiseupon:

If you see me online, and have time to play, send me a msg. I won't be playing FIFA except for this tournament, but I should be able to pop it in. I am on late night on the weekends, and sporadically during the weekend day, and usually on after 7 during the weekday. Shallnoiseupon, I may need you to send me a friend request.

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Carew leaving, and Darren Bent coming? I'll take that. Plus I get a good CDM in Markoun, and I usually play with Agbonlahor up front anyways.

To Sneaky, magicked, Shallnoiseupon:

If you see me online, and have time to play, send me a msg. I won't be playing FIFA except for this tournament, but I should be able to pop it in. I am on late night on the weekends, and sporadically during the weekend day, and usually on after 7 during the weekday. Shallnoiseupon, I may need you to send me a friend request.

ill be on tonight after the playoff games

i understand the needing a break I been playing batman and hot pursuit to mix it up

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bayern (astro) 0 - Porto (meus) 0
Was a much better match than the score would indicate. Meus had the better of possession and I had some golden opportunities including a post and a missed open net (from a rather tough angle to be fair to Gomez). Draw was definitely the fair result. Looking forward to the other games as it felt great to play with passing assistance and players actually making passes.

I don't know if there is clarity on the settings but you can't set it to Semi-Assisted in the invite if you want to allow for passing assistance on. So what Meus and I did was just get in a party and agree to everything, which was Semi for wherever it was possible and the option of Manual or Assisted for those where those were the only two choices. Believe this is correct.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
Bayern (astro) 0 - Porto (meus) 0
Was a much better match than the score would indicate. Meus had the better of possession and I had some golden opportunities including a post and a missed open net (from a rather tough angle to be fair to Gomez). Draw was definitely the fair result. Looking forward to the other games as it felt great to play with passing assistance and players actually making passes.

I don't know if there is clarity on the settings but you can't set it to Semi-Assisted in the invite if you want to allow for passing assistance on. So what Meus and I did was just get in a party and agree to everything, which was Semi for wherever it was possible and the option of Manual or Assisted for those where those were the only two choices. Believe this is correct.

Those settings are cool with me. Is what we tried to do on the first league this season but it seemed to be confusing for some people

Group A

A.S. Roma (sneaky77) 3 at 2 Aston Villa F.C. (Awesome Animals)

Juan 64' (ASR)
Totti 72' (ASR)
Agbonlahor 82' (AVFC)
Juan 84' (ASR)
Downing 89' (AVFC)

The first half began very slowly, a midfield battle saw forty five minutes come with zero goals and zero shots on target. The first goal came from a corner kick awarded to Roma. A second goal quickly followed from a beautiful free kick by Totti. Agbonlahor brought it back to within one on a counter attack ball from over the top that he finished with finesse. The game became tense when Aston Villa right back S. Warnock made a dirty tackle, resulting in a red card. Being a man down, Aston Villa conceded a second corner, which Juan once again got head on ball, and buried into the bottom right corner for his second goal of the night. All seemed lost until Stewart Downing used his feet to gather the ball in the box and make a beautiful outside foot finish in the top right corner in the 89'. Unfortunately it was too little too late for the Villans, and the game ended with them in a 2-3 loss.

Group A

Tottenham (ShallNoiseUpon) 1:3 A.S. Roma (Sneaky)

23' F. Totti (ASR)
27' F. Totti (ASR)
56' P. Crouch (TOT)
90' M. Vucinic (ASR)

First 20 or so minutes were nice and methodical. Two quick goals from Totti forced me to play a bit more aggressive than I felt comfortable with. Nice goal on the header by Crouch, ended up getting a bit reckless in an effort to tie the game before it ended and gave up the 90th minute goal to Vucinic.

Videos uploading now.

Group A (again)

Tottenham (ShallNoiseUpon) 0:0 Aston Villa (Awesome Animals)

Not much to say, we both had great chances that we did not capitalize on. Could have easily gone either way and been a high scoring affair if the ball hit the back of the net.

Group A

Aston Villa F.C. (Awesome Animals) 0 at 0 Tottenham Hotspurs F.C. (Shallnoiseupon)

Good match. It was a bit frustrating because the referees decided to make bad calls. All three yellow cards were questionable, and they should have given me a penalty, or at least a corner at one point. But it was pretty even over all, and the draw is deserved.

Awesome Animals said:
Group A

Aston Villa F.C. (Awesome Animals) 0 at 0 Tottenham Hotspurs F.C. (Shallnoiseupon)

Good match. It was a bit frustrating because the referees decided to make bad calls. All three yellow cards were questionable, and they should have given me a penalty, or at least a corner at one point. But it was pretty even over all, and the draw is deserved.

I was SO surprised you didn't get the PK on that one (should have been) foul that ended up being a goal kick.

Magicked

Sorry guys, I ended up falling asleep last night. I can be around tonight (or any night this week). Awesome Animals, since you are only playing FIFA for this tournament, do you want to set a time? I can be on 6:00 PM until probably 11.

ATF487

Meus/Astrolad I've got about 45 minutes if either of you guys are around

otherwise tomorrow I can play anytime 10-1 or after 4

Slizz

Tim and Shogun I sent you friend requests and I am waiting for acceptance. Younghov, I have yet to see you on lemme know when are good times, I'm available for pretty much whenever.

Magicked said:
Sorry guys, I ended up falling asleep last night. I can be around tonight (or any night this week). Awesome Animals, since you are only playing FIFA for this tournament, do you want to set a time? I can be on 6:00 PM until probably 11.

Don't worry about it, I'll still be on XBOX, just not on FIFA. If you catch me, just send me a msg and I should be able to stop what I'm doing. It is mostly Fallout: New Vegas, so it is easy to pause and switch.

ijm72

Group B

Arsenal (ijm72) 2:3 AC Milan (Slizz)

Yeah it was a good game I had chances to score but missed them and then you had that ridiculous volley which Almunia unsurprisingly failed to stop.

ijm72

It's your fault! Telling me to fuck the league and just play clubs lol I played clubs immediately after the game was over and forgot about the goals. Well at least you have a replay of the volley by Slizz the other goals were not very special.

Slizz

ijm72 said:
Group B

Arsenal (ijm72) 2:3 AC Milan (Slizz)

Yeah it was a good game I had chances to score but missed them and then you had that ridiculous volley which Almunia unsurprisingly failed to stop.
In case we are doing golden boot award, the scorers were:

Pato(2 goals)
Flamini

Walcott
Fabregas

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hey atf, i can play tonight or tomorrow night any time between 9pm-2am eastern. saturday i can play until about 3pm eastern

ShogunX

Looks like a few of the groups are a team short. Like I said in the World Cup Tourny thread I can get a few friends to fill in the gaps. They aren't Gaf members yet but they lurk so can read the thread ect.

Sure I can get at least three to play. Let me know.

ATF487

AstroLad said:
hey atf, i can play tonight or tomorrow night any time between 9pm-2am eastern. saturday i can play until about 3pm eastern

Those times are pretty good for me, I can play tonight around 11EST if you want

Slizz

GG Shogun, twas a tense match. Lots of midfield D. I was pissed when you equalized but a good ball to Ibra and a pass to Pato helped ease that strain.

ShogunX

Group B

Napoli 1 - 2 AC Milan

Decent match but not too happy about conceding two headers, Especially straight after I had just put a lovely through ball in to score my equaliser. Felt the game should of ended a draw but just like I have exploited many a time online there's not much you can do about the crazy headers on this game.

Anyway didn't realise we were doing another Semi assisted tournament with no pass assisting so like a bit of a bitch I'm going to drop out here as I just dont enjoy playing with constant misplaced passes and the slow defensive battles the matches always turn into. I know its shit to bitch out like this but I honestly thought this tournament was a free for all with any teams and any settings (The reason I chose Napoli).

Well played to Slizz for the match anyway and apologies to the other two in my group.

Slizz said:
GG Shogun, twas a tense match. Lots of midfield D. I was pissed when you equalized but a good ball to Ibra and a pass to Pato helped ease that strain.

Yeah well played. Always bitter about headers though mainly because there is literally nothing you can do about them. It's pretty much a toss up when a ball gets crossed into the box.

Slizz

Shogun PaiN said:
Group B

Napoli 1 - 2 AC Milan

Decent match but not too happy about conceding two headers, Especially straight after I had just put a lovely through ball in to score my equaliser. Felt the game should of ended a draw but just like I have exploited many a time online there's not much you can do about the crazy headers on this game.

Anyway didn't realise we were doing another Semi assisted tournament with no pass assisting so like a bit of a bitch I'm going to drop out here as I just dont enjoy playing with constant misplaced passes and the slow defensive battles the matches always turn into. I know its shit to bitch out like this but I honestly thought this tournament was a free for all with any teams and any settings (The reason I chose Napoli).

Well played to Slizz for the match anyway and apologies to the other two in my group.

Yeah well played. Always bitter about headers though mainly because there is literally nothing you can do about them. It's pretty much a toss up when a ball gets crossed into the box.

I head most of my goals in =\.

Cmon stick it out at least for group play, you'll get used to it I guarantee it.

EDIT: Scorers:
Pato
Ambrosini

Dunno who scored for Napoli

sneaky77

Shogun PaiN said:
Group B

Napoli 1 - 2 AC Milan

You can use passing assistance on. Just don't set semi as the match settings, and agree before hand with your opponent on that

ShogunX

Slizz said:
I head most of my goals in =\.

Cmon stick it out at least for group play, you'll get used to it I guarantee it.

Honestly I would but It felt like the World Cup tournament all over again where I basically laboured my way to the end with Denmark. Fair enough if Fifa GAF enjoy using semi controls because its more skillful ect ect but I just find the whole experience slow and a little frustrating. Every match just feels the same with both teams giving the ball away in the middle over and over again until somebody gets a lucky break or a random header.

Like I said above I know It's a bitch move but god damn did that WC tournament scar me for life and I never even lost a game. It feels like playing as the any in Online Clubs all over again.

sneaky77 said:
You can use passing assistance on. Just don't set semi as the match settings, and agree before hand with your opponent on that

Maybe that's were I got the rules mixed up then.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah man turn passing assistance on it makes a world of difference. here's how we played:

was Semi for wherever it was possible and the option of Manual or Assisted for those where those were the only two choices. Believe this is correct.

In the event someone invites me to a game with semi mode on which turns off passing assistance I am going to ask them to reinvite. Do not enjoy assist off AT ALL. It's actually way way worse than playing as any because the generics with assistance on pass better than all-world players with assistance off.

sneaky77

if u guys want to use full auto I dont care.. i guess we can take a vote and just let people use whatever scheme they are confortable with.. I never play with auto, not even in ranked matches so maybe I am just used to it

Slizz

sneaky77 said:
if u guys want to use full auto I dont care.. i guess we can take a vote and just let people use whatever scheme they are confortable with.. I never play with auto, not even in ranked matches so maybe I am just used to it
Me either and I guess I don't care about what people use. But I know that at least a quarter of goals scored against me wouldn't be goals if they weren't auto when I play online.

ShogunX

sneaky77 said:

I'm not bitching about the games going full auto as I use semi crossing and shooting on a regular basis.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
it's too bad ea won't just let us choose semi controls + pass assist on. it's pass assist off that's the big thing, not semi or auto at all

sneaky77

Shogun PaiN said:
I'm not bitching about the games going full auto as I use semi crossing and shooting on a regular basis.

what I meant by full auto, is everyone using whatever scheme they prefer. Since they is no way to set every single setting.

AstroLad said:
it's too bad ea won't just let us choose semi controls + pass assist on. it's pass assist off that's the big thing, not semi or auto at all

To be honest I don't see the big deal in it.... if it wasnt a setting that can be tweaked, no one would even notice it anymore.

But like I said, I don't mind, I am used to playing ranked games with the scheme I use which is the same I use here so, it doesnt bother me.

I leave it up to the people to decide.

k0ji-wd

Group C

Manchester United (k0ji-wd) 3 vs Athletico Madrid 1 (iloveexcuses777)

Goalscorers
:
Forlan 30
Valencia 87
Rooney 90
Rooney 90

as usual andreas has something to complain about, i used my last pause a full 5 minutes before the equaliser and that's what he wants to blame it on, guess the following two goals were because of that too.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol its one thing to pause the game 5 times but another to aim a pass to another player and in mid transit pause it, wait 30 seconds and continue playing.

All good not surprised since you picked man u. I had plenty of chances to put the game farther away before the 87th but I choked. Shoulda busted out a 8-1-1 formation but I play to win the game.

no worries I've seen crocodile dundee and I know y'all are tricksy.

no I'm not on coke either...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hutz%20nightmare.jpg

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
lol its one thing to pause the game 5 times but another to aim a pass to another player and in mid transit pause it, wait 30 seconds and continue playing.

All good not surprised since you picked man u. I had plenty of chances to put the game farther away before the 87th but I choked. Shoulda busted out a 8-1-1 formation but I play to win the game.

u can only pause the game 3 times total...just saying

k0ji-wd

AndresON777 said:

uhhh i played 442 i was losing in the 80th minute and paused the game when my RB was passing short to my CM in front of him to switch to 3-4-1-2, but you're right i should totally wait till the ball goes out so i have less time to get the game back. did u not notice after every pause i brought a player on and tried to find a working formation to counter yours?

great job playing to win though, 1 shot on target to 10 almost got you the win!

take that shit like a man and stop using booze, lag, tactics, drugs, mood, team, player, settings, xbox model, ducks, hookers, race as to why you always lose. there's a reason why you have a reputation for being a bitchass

ATF487

there are some seriously bad vibes goin' on

Astro I'm heading on now

also re: controls, just let people do whatever they want. having people playing > having nobody playing

Top Bottom