• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

Magicked

Okay! River Plate!

I wanted to choose Boca, but they don't have Diego Buonanotte who is probably the only player in the game who is actually shorter than me IRL! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
Denog -- play!

Are we doing two games a week btw? Lets start out like that everyone plays everyone else once then we can use that as a basis for a full-blown promotion league. I.e. top 8 finishers into League 1 rest into League 2 since it looks like we'll be able to get the numbers.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Denog -- play!

Are we doing two games a week btw? Lets start out like that everyone plays everyone else once then we can use that as a basis for a full-blown promotion league. I.e. top 8 finishers into League 1 rest into League 2 since it looks like we'll be able to get the numbers.

This is a good idea.

I will probably be in league 2 this year. I haven't been able to get the hang of FIFA 11 yet. All my online matches have ended in huge losses. :lol

Although hopefully semi/manual controls for the league will help me somewhat...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AstroLad said:
Denog -- play!

I want to, but after reading the OP, it looks to me things are full. Is this not the case? If I can play, can I shoose another 3.5 team like Newcastle?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'll take America.

Was hoping I could get Santos since Neymar is a freaking beast. Thought I could pull a fast one on yall

Magicked

DenogginizerOS said:
I want to, but after reading the OP, it looks to me things are full. Is this not the case? If I can play, can I shoose another 3.5 team like Newcastle?

I don't see a reason why you couldn't play. We're at an odd number of players right now anyway.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to choose Newcastle or not. It looks like sneaky wants to do a league with lesser played teams.

Magicked

AndresON777 said:
I'll take America.

Was hoping I could get Santos since Neymar is a freaking beast. Thought I could pull a fast one on yall

Nice try, sucker! :p

I miss our games from FIFA 10. Let's try to get a game or ten in this weekend so I can see if my horseshoe is still around.

knee

Is there any more room in this league? I've actually been looking for a league with 'normal teams' instead of a sprint / jockey fest. :D

Tf53

Code:
    gaf name         gamertag        team
1.  Astrolad         Astrothelad     PAOK
2.  magicked         magicked        River Plate
3.  AndresON77       AndresON77      America
4.  StrikeVillain    StrikeVillain
5.  tf53             tf53
6.  k0ji             tse88
7.  shoplifter       shoplift3r
8.  jeffpm           Jmcel
9.  slizz            DemKillerCanes
10. ShallNoiseUpon   ShallNoiseUpon
11. livewire         DJ Demon J
12. atf487           atf360
13. sneaky77         sneaky77
14. DenogginizerOS   Denogginizer OS

Still up for grabs:

Trabzonspor
Atl. Mineiro
Botafogo
Fc. Kobenhavn
Fc Twente
Rosenborg
SC Braga
AEK Athens
Boca Juniors
Dinamo Moscow

StrikeVillain, go!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I'm sure sneaky can add a couple teams to the list for new peeps. I already picked but I don't care the more (committed) people the merrier. Keep in mind we'll probably be doing two games a week so make sure you don't have limited availability.

Magicked

knee said:
Is there any more room in this league? I've actually been looking for a league with 'normal teams' instead of a sprint / jockey fest. :D

If you have the time, I don't see why not. :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Nice try, sucker! :p

I miss our games from FIFA 10. Let's try to get a game or ten in this weekend so I can see if my horseshoe is still around.

lol dude yeah lets play some games this weekend if youre on.

I dont see what's wrong with picking 5 star teams I like players that can do all the tricks. I'll spam the fake rabona on you all game long lol

DenogginizerOS

Awesome, thanks!

FYI, the only reason I picked Newcastle is because they are a 3.5*. I am at work so I have no way of knowing anything about the teams listed hence why I also suggested Newcastle. I tend to play with Bundesliga and Premier league teams when I play my friends in Germany but we tend to take the lesser teams as well just for giggles. I am an average player at best so I am sure some of you could beat me even if I had Man U. :lol

Magicked

AndresON777 said:
lol dude yeah lets play some games this weekend if youre on.

I dont see what's wrong with picking 5 star teams I like players that can do all the tricks. I'll spam the fake rabona on you all game long lol

:lol I won't be around tonight, but the rest of the weekend is wide open. I'm sure I'll see you online.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fyi sneaky will probably just add teams and them just ask the new peeps to pick one when their picks come up since he had created a narrow subset of teams to choose from.

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
Fyi sneaky will probably just add teams and them just ask the new peeps to pick one when their picks come up since he had created a narrow subset of teams to choose from.
FYI, that is cool. I can honestly say that a dartboard with the names listed would do just fine. But considering I am last on the list, I think I will get the suckiest of the suckiest so it is a moot point, FYI. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Slizz said:
Hmm wild card teams, Sneaky is gone for the weekend. How do we decide what 2 teams are added?
Oh damn is he not checking GAF? Someone text him! If he's not back tonight, I'll just find two 3.5-star teams to add. I can see what he was going for which is basically lesser-known teams so no Celtic or Rangers but I noticed there are still several 3.5-star teams that fit in with the existing group.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
if you open another spot I'll play. Don't mind seeing if anyone else joins in as well if you need even numbers, does that even matter in a league?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
correct. the only issue is one of commitment at this point -- making sure that everyone who signs up is able to play two games a week no problem, check the thread and be actively involved, and not be available like three bad hours during the entire week to play their games. in the past just posting in the fifa thread and saying hey guys join up but only serious people! led to me having to chase around 5-10 people to play their games every time. don't want that to happen ever again. this seemed to be a particular problem with people in euroland, since most members are in the u.s. and anyone who signs up should know that going in. now several euros and other assoroted non-americans like tf and tse can get their games in just fine so it's just something to consider. there were certainly amero problem members as well. thankfully all of these people have disappeared, something which they clearly have a lot of experience in

i'll add you and i'll add some teams to the list later tonight to fill in the rest. deadline for sign-ups will be 9 PM EST at which point i'll post the extra teams (or sneaky will if he has a chance to check this thread before then)

Slizz

AstroLad said:
correct. the only issue is one of commitment at this point -- making sure that everyone who signs up is able to play two games a week no problem, check the thread and be actively involved, and not be available like three bad hours during the entire week to play their games. in the past just posting in the fifa thread and saying hey guys join up but only serious people! led to me having to chase around 5-10 people to play their games every time. don't want that to happen ever again. this seemed to be a particular problem with people in euroland, since most members are in the u.s. and anyone who signs up should know that going in. now several euros and other assoroted non-americans like tf and tse can get their games in just fine so it's just something to consider. there were certainly amero problem members as well. thankfully all of these people have disappeared, something which they clearly have a lot of experience in

i'll add you and i'll add some teams to the list later tonight to fill in the rest. deadline for sign-ups will be 9 PM EST at which point i'll post the extra teams (or sneaky will if he has a chance to check this thread before then)
Are all the teams already selected set then? Or re-draft with everyone?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just keep em i'll do my best to add teams crappier than those that have already been drafted at least.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
here get this over with

Trabzonspor
Atl. Mineiro
Botafogo
Fc. Kobenhavn
Fc Twente
Rosenborg
SC Braga
AEK Athens
Boca Juniors
Dinamo Moscow
Hoffenheim
Saint-Etienne
Nice
Koln

all totally randomly picked.

StrikeVillain, go!

ATF487

I don't really do anything most weekday evenings (or weekends now :( ) so I should be reasonably committed. I just have to worry about homework but if the times are a few days in advance then I can plan around that, and a game doesn't take that long anyway. Also despite my flag I live in the US, and go by EST

Also, I'm going to list my preference, because I don't know when other people will pick their teams:

FC Copenhagen > Saint Etienne > Koln > Nice > Hoffenheim > Boca Juniors > Dinamo Moscow > FC Twente > AEK Athens

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
it'll probably be something like there's a schedule and then you play each matchpup by wednesday night and saturday night so yeah you'll have several days to play each one

Cardigan

DenogginizerOS said:
What makes one 3.5 team better or worse?
Different players with different stats. Inter is only rated 4.5*, but they have higher stats than Chelsea and other 5* teams.

DenogginizerOS

Ok.

I want to play. However, while it is one thing to play with 3.5's, I really have no interest in playing with the teams on that list. Have fun boys, but I am not interested.

Slizz

Aw cmon, I don't wanna play with any of the teams either. It'll still be fun

EDIT: So StrikeVillian has Boca Juniors, Tf53 you're up next.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
Ok.

I want to play. However, while it is one thing to play with 3.5's, I really have no interest in playing with the teams on that list. Have fun boys, but I am not interested.

that was what i suggested earlier but it looks like we went a different route

LiveWire

I have no preference so whatever works for me when it gets to my pick. Hell I'll even play with DC United, a damn MLS team. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
maybe we should just wait 'til sneaky gets back and do a league reboot. it's sort of hard to figure this stuff out without him here.

still think there's a lot of potential here but we really need to iron things out

DenogginizerOS

I am not trying to be difficult. I promise. But I just like playing with a team I have some familiarity with.

Slizz

DenogginizerOS said:
I am not trying to be difficult. I promise. But I just like playing with a team I have some familiarity with.

If any consolation once you have a team, the league won't start for another week or so, so you could have at least a week of practice time.

ATF487

jeffpm said:
Different players with different stats. Inter is only rated 4.5*, but they have higher stats than Chelsea and other 5* teams.

Did they hack off half a point for Benitez?

Tf53

DenogginizerOS said:
We're all in the same boat, more or less. Some will get a two-day head start, but that's about it. I know k0ji will spend every waking hour trying to find new ways to cheese a victory (YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK, BTW), but the rest of us have lives.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
DenogginizerOS said:
What makes one 3.5 team better or worse?

some have elite players.

Santos has Neymar so i still feel a little bit like im playing with Barça

this new semi passing is killing me

Top Bottom