• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Critical Jeff said:
I'm watching an "International Friendly" between Mexico and England on the Fox soccer channel atm. Is this a prelim for the World Cup?

Just a friendly match so the players can get used to each other and experiment and such

Critical Jeff said:
I'm watching an "International Friendly" between Mexico and England on the Fox soccer channel atm. Is this a prelim for the World Cup?

No.... It's just Mexico getting ready.

They play two other teams after that one.

confuziz

Banned
I laugh at maza rodriguez and salcido. 2 of the worst defenders of all time imo :lol

They get ridiculed at PSV, but they play in the national team? come on man.

Facism

striKeVillain! said:
USA vs. Czech Republic tomorrow at 8 EST.

I'm going to the USA v. Turkey match in Philly on Saturday. Go USA!

USA v Turkey is going to be an amazing match. Turkey's 1st half against the Czech Rep. was total and brutal domination. Stealing balls, constant attacks, it was hungry attacking football and it was beautiful. Shame the second half they were made to play defensively and more for possession. Sabri is a poor RB substitute for Gokhan Gunal, can't defend his flank for baklava. Gonna be great to see these 2 great teams clash.

No more Fatih Terim means no more stupid subbing or player favouritism :)

I hope this goes into your thread Wes.

USAfuckYEA.gif

Man I cant wait for the World Cup to get going.

sucks I have a full time job now and will miss a lot of games :(

I miss 2006 when I was still in college and didn't miss a single game.

Calidor

MidnightRider said:
Man I cant wait for the World Cup to get going.

sucks I have a full time job now and will miss a lot of games :(

I miss 2006 when I was still in college and didn't miss a single game.

same here :(

luckily I live in Argentina and it's unthinkable that anyone works when the team is playing, so my company will put up giant screens to watch the games :lol

btw Argentina - Canada is about to start :D

Wes said:
Mexico absolutely destroying us. Milner and Carrick doing nothing.

2 nil to england

P.S. Love how West Ham's goalie is the best...... i guess playing for a shitty team and getting balls shot at you all game will make you a beast.

Robert Green :bowdown:

Feathers

England can thank their lucky stars that Mexico's defence is complete shit. Plus if Vela had his shooting boots on we would be smoked by now.

confuziz

Banned
Feathers said:
England can thank their lucky stars that Mexico's defence is complete shit. Plus if Vela had his shooting boots on we would be smoked by now.

I just talked about maza rodriguez and salcido but nobody responded..they are complete shit.

I dunno what game you guys are watching. England's defense is the one that's been complete shit.

If this were a South American club they would be beating England 4-0 this half.

Edit- And there's a Mex goal. lol

Mexico scores on a corner in the 46th min. Headed from the top of the box, rebounds off the near post then is tapped into the goal. It should be tied now, England's 2nd goal was offsides and a handball.

-Eddman-

Mexico is playing well, but yeah, defense is awful and (still don't know why) they have Perez -3rd goalkeeper, a grandpa who has nothing to do there...- instead of Ochoa or Luis Michel. Vela fucking sucks, hopefully Aguirre will put "Chicharito" Hernandez for the second half.

-Eddman- said:
Mexico is playing well, but yeah, defense is awful and (still don't know why) they have Perez -3rd goalkeeper, a grandpa who has nothing to do there...- instead of Ochoa or Luis Michel. Vela fucking sucks, hopefully Aguirre will put "Chicharito" Hernandez for the second half.

I am sure they don't want to get Ochoa hurt prior to the world cup.

Ballack scared them

Feathers

Mexico more than deserved that goal. Torrado playing great, he was always sound for me in Football Manager :D But they should really stick Marquez in defence for the World Cup if this current backline is the alternative.

-Eddman- said:
hopefully Aguirre will put "Chicharito" Hernandez for the second half

Would like to see him play too, see if he can step up to the Man U plate.

Google

You people saying England's defence are shit - are you watching the same game as me?

Yeah, they fucked up on that corner (well, Baines did), but overall, they're sitting back, restricting Mexico with shit possession, and making them cross the ball in...

You're aware this is good defending, right?

We playing direct, counter-attacking football. We'll always have less possession...

Great goal.

Our team sucks, not because they play shit, since they have a number of skilled players, but they lack both the tactical discipline in defense AND the mental strenght in forward positions to make a difference where it really counts.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching England play poorly has become a comforting feeling :lol. Oh to read the back pages tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom