• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
so the biggest game before the Worldcup 2010 is today (Bayern Vs. Inter)

who are U rooting for ? (Im rooting for Bayern cuz I am currently in Bayern lol)

farnham said:
so the biggest game before the Worldcup 2010 is today (Bayern Vs. Inter)

who are U rooting for ? (Im rooting for Bayern cuz I am currently in Bayern lol)

I'm rooting for futbol! Neutrals unite!

Blablurn

bud said:
i'm rooting for beautiful football. so bayern it is.

fcb.png

Get'sMad

So happy they decided to have the championship game on a weekend. Also kinda surreal, but totally awesome, seeing this broadcast on Fox.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
modernkicks said:
So happy they decided to have the championship game on a weekend. Also kinda surreal, but totally awesome, seeing this broadcast on Fox.

I never watch anything short of World Cup matches but I've got this on right now (on Fox). Pretty cool that its being televised in the US.

NoRéN

BlueTsunami said:
I never watch anything short of World Cup matches but I've got this on right now (on Fox). Pretty cool that its being televised in the US.
It's weird! Shit, even showed a censored version of the Nike commercial(no sexy Brazilian booty shaking!).

GaussTek

So, today there's a friendly match between England and Mexico.

GO Mexico!! Hope we won't loose for more than 1 :lol

Any other good matchs today or the upcoming days, before World Cup?

GaussTek said:

USA vs. Czech Republic tomorrow at 8 EST.

I'm going to the USA v. Turkey match in Philly on Saturday. Go USA!

confuziz

Banned
striKeVillain! said:
USA vs. Czech Republic tomorrow at 8 EST.

I'm going to the USA v. Turkey match in Philly on Saturday. Go USA!

Czech republic shouldn't be a problem for the USA

Turkey on the other hand, has the powers of Hiddink on them =P

Mardil

GaussTek said:

we wont loose whats wrong with you

danwarb

England should beat Mexico, because they're a slightly better side, and at home.

England team: Green, Johnson, Baines, Ferdinand, King, Walcott, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Crouch, Rooney

Ryck

confuziz said:
Ok.... thought you were serious nvm.

England should beat Mexico, because they're a slightly better side, and at home.

England team: Green, Johnson, Baines, Ferdinand, King, Walcott, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Crouch, Rooney
Oh yeah they should beat them. Dunno why they should Destroy them however. England is only a bit better than the Mexico side imo. Plus Capello is gonna rest all the Chelsea players. Being at home is a big plus I just don't see the destroy thing.

Google

Ryck said:
England is only a bit better than the Mexico side imo. Plus Capello is gonna rest all the Chelsea players. Being at home is a big plus I just don't see the destroy thing.

Ryck,

I like you, my friend, but the above statement is complete bullshit.

a) England are terrible in front of their own fans, especially when there is expectation.
b) Wembley is a horrible ground, and will serve neither Mexico nor England in the football department.
c) England, on paper, have a much better team. Yes, Mexico have some great young players, but England will play a midfield of Milner, Carrick, Walcott, Rooney and Gerrard. Once the world cup starts, and you add Lampard into that mix, that has to be one of the strongest midfields in the world cup. It has a bit of pace, a bit of grit, a decent amount of passing ability, and the ability to score goals.

Where Mexico have a chance is with their pace down the wings - especially against fucking Leighton Baines...

England have the potential to destroy Mexico, but I see this game as a boring mis-match, where England struggle to draw, and it becomes a boring game of direct football.

Ryck

Google said:
Ryck,

I like you, my friend, but the above statement is complete bullshit.
I dunno about complete bullshit. ( just to clarify I meant the side that is playing today not the entire team on paper). I put IMO after too man, I always root for england they have great players but as a team they never seem to gel or play to their potential.

rofl my thread got locked with the quickness.

wes must have the mods by the balls.

good man

EDIT*** P.S. Inter Milan are the most undeserving winners of the CL in history.

bastards play nothing but defense the WHOLE time and then counter attack when given the chance...

if that isn't the biggest pussy way to play football i don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom