• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

Talon- said:
I think he's pointing to how obscenely top-heavy La Liga is.

Not that this is anything unique in soccer.
Now, if Catalunia were recognized by FIFA...

US people: Why is there no MLS thread? Not enough love for our domestic league?

faridmon

Talon- said:
I think he's pointing to how obscenely top-heavy La Liga is.

Not that this is anything unique in soccer.
I disagree. The Italian team is quite balanced and also, the English team is far better sparse than this.

NoRéN

Mattlikewhoa said:
I'd be interested in this since I'm a BIG Toronto FC fan :D I usually go to most of their home games.
Fuck you and your fan base! I'm so jealous!
Ashes1396 said:
op should really be updated. :/
I just checked it for the 1st time. I didn't know the world had 4 leagues. :lol
I doubt I'll ever find someone that shares my love for Ukrainian Prem Football. T.T

So, it's just us 2 that like MLS?

Union.png

Ashes

Banned
We could do a world football thread. Though you could talk about world football in this very thread. Op chose the most popular leagues I guess, which is a reasonable option. Having said that, I'd honestly be surprised if people didn't take nicely to other leagues being discussed. :D

Kozak

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
We could do a world football thread. Though you could talk about world football in this very thread. Op chose the most popular leagues I guess, which is a reasonable option. Having said that, I'd honestly be surprised if people didn't take nicely to other leagues being discussed. :D

This is a "world" football thread. I just put the leagues in the OP that most people are likely to talk about.

I myself follow the Turkish league and talk mainly about that. The posts go unread but meh. Post about whichever football league you want to, but don't get offended if you're ignored :)

NoRéN

Kozak said:
This is a "world" football thread. I just put the leagues in the OP that most people are likely to talk about.

I myself follow the Turkish league and talk mainly about that. The posts go unread but meh. Post about whichever football league you want to, but don't get offended if you're ignored :)
Sweet! Didn't even make the connection that you're the thread starter.
In that case, Dynamo Kyiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoRéN said:
Fuck you and your fan base! I'm so jealous!

I just checked it for the 1st time. I didn't know the world had 4 leagues. :lol
I doubt I'll ever find someone that shares my love for Ukrainian Prem Football. T.T

So, it's just us 2 that like MLS?

make that 3 people, I am a Philadelphia Union fan

Ashes

Banned
Kozak said:

Yeah. I thought so. When you do next year's thread, you could put in World Football in the thread title. Might help some people.
And update the op please. As much as I liked Man United being premiership champions; it's harder to take not being one now. :(
And though it pains me, give Chelsea fans their due. It's only fair, I think.

LRB1983

Banned
Barcelona 2010-2011 Jersey [made with recycled plastic bottles]
Home
plvUv.jpg

Away
obehs.jpg

Villa Today with Barça's Shirt during presentation show for 40.000 culés
uvF4u.jpg

BLwdM.jpg

LRB1983 said:
Barcelona 2010-2011 Jersey [made with recycled plastic bottles]

Now I like Barca, but they can take the holier-than-thou thing a bit far at times :lol

Why does Villa have both names on his shirt?

Dr Zhivago said:
Now I like Barca, but they can take the holier-than-thou thing a bit far at times :lol

Villa usually has both names on his jersey. I have a Spain jersey of his and it has both.

Cant0na

Banned
all the nike jerseys are trash this year

heres uniteds one, the stripe on the shoulder makes it look like fucking liverpools shirt....disgusting

4H5TJ.jpg

2San

Dr Zhivago said:
He's just that good.

To bad he signed for barca, would've loved to see him play in the premier league top. To see how he fares in a physical league and wheres there actually competition against more then one club.

Messi

I love all 3 of the new kits (Including the zebra like keepers kit)

I am ordering the home short and long sleeve tomorrow and I am wondering who I should put on the long sleeve (It would not feel right not having Messi on the short sleeve) do I get Villa? Bojan or Pique? bojan could leave before summer is out. I love pique but villa is also awesome. whoever I dont get on the home kit will go on the way. but that still leaves eliminating one.

Help guys!

NoRéN said:
So, what say you about Robert Pires?

Didn't even hear about it until now. I'm not mad at him because he ain't lying...most of Philly is a shithole, but there are some real nice areas right outside the city where most pro athletes call home, so he didn't do his homework.

In the end it's his loss, I really like our team as is, and he doesn't seem like he would have thick enough skin or enough passion to play in Philly anyway judging by his comments.

Besides we have already reached our French quota of 1 with Le Toux...

"The French cannot be trusted!"

kikanny

Messi said:
I love all 3 of the new kits (Including the zebra like keepers kit)

I am ordering the home short and long sleeve tomorrow and I am wondering who I should put on the long sleeve (It would not feel right not having Messi on the short sleeve) do I get Villa? Bojan or Pique? bojan could leave before summer is out. I love pique but villa is also awesome. whoever I dont get on the home kit will go on the way. but that still leaves eliminating one.

Help guys!
XAVI!!!

NoRéN

TheVisualizer said:
Didn't even hear about it until now. I'm not mad at him because he ain't lying...most of Philly is a shithole, but there are some real nice areas right outside the city where most pro athletes call home, so he didn't do his homework.

In the end it's his loss, I really like our team as is, and he doesn't seem like he would have thick enough skin or enough passion to play in Philly anyway judging by his comments.

Besides we have already reached our French quota of 1 with Le Toux...

"The French cannot be trusted!"
I couldn't help but laugh. But, you're right. His loss. I mean, it's not like L.A. and N.Y. are picture perfect cities.

Well, screw him! Raul for the Union! I will fuckin' shed tears if Raul comes to MLS.

The Championship Play-off between Blackpool and Cardiff is turning into a great match. 1-1 after 15 minutes. a good worked goal, and a FANTASTIC freekick.

Seriously, if that freekick was in the Champ League or the Prem we'd never hear the end of it.

Splatt said:
Heh, It'd be funny seeing a meltdown if Balloteli was the scorer of the winning goal :lol

In the Italian press, you mean? It would be more like incredulous confusion and stammered, hesitant praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom