• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
That could be Barrichello out of Williams and Hulk staying now.

It was the rumour by Hulk looks to have some some talent.

navanman

Couldn't have been a better grid for tomorrow though looking at it.

Unknown quantity in first and then the order you want behind them for a great race.

Dead Man

Leonsito said:
That was impressive stuff from Hulk and Williams.
I hope Williams can continue this form next year, I've always liked the team, and to see them do so poorly for so long has been saddening.

ExtraKr1spy said:
That would mean Webber has to make a good start...
True, but he only has to beat a Red Bull of the line...

Leonsito

64_2009-gp2-portimao-nico-hulkenberg.jpg

Hulkenfinger !

Britprog

What a qualifying, my heart was in my mouth for whole of Q3, think Lewis may have been blocked in the last corner.

Lewis vs Alonso on the first lap is gonna be epic!!!!

navanman

Great result for the Williams team. They need to finish ahead of Force India in the constructors championship and this is the perfect way to do it.

Finally HUlkenberg shows hwy he had so much hype.

Brilliant call form his race engineer and a brilliant lap.

5th for Fernando isn't too bad, he is near his rivals so a podium is possible.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
anonnumber6 said:
Finally HUlkenberg shows hwy he had so much hype.

Brilliant call form his race engineer and a brilliant lap.

5th for Fernando isn't too bad, he is near his rivals so a podium is possible.

should make for a hell of a race. Props to Hulkenberg, but he is going to be slower than the other cars near him. Should make for a crazy start. Plus Webber is in the middle of all of it too :lol

Nando might be better off hanging back and seeing what happens through the first complex :lol

StoOgE said:
should make for a hell of a race. Props to Hulkenberg, but he is going to be slower than the other cars near him. Should make for a crazy start. Plus Webber is in the middle of all of it too :lol

Nando might be better off hanging back and seeing what happens through the first complex :lol

Tomorrow is a dry race so Hulkenberg should be easy to pick off for the four behind him, But that was a special lap. Webber and Alonso are on the better line for the start, a perfect race in terms of entertainment would be Webber and Alonso fighting for 1st.

Adamm

I really dont understand how this happened :lol

A full second ahead of Vettel in a Williams? It doesnt make sense!

Shaneus

Holy fuck, what a bizarre result for qualifying! Hopefully Webber gets a good start... this will also give RBR a chance to redeem themselves with some serious race strategies to give Webber a good finish (which would have been difficult if they were 1-2 starting).

Pretty much everyone on the first three rows has something to lose AND gain from the start tomorrow, so I expect it to be an incredibly strategic race. If not, at least it should be a good one!

So... tips?

Britprog said:
Wet setup and warmer tires!!!

According to Hulk's Engineer he was on a fully dry set-up, he did have warmer tyres as he got the extra lap more than the others after the pits. Even so take away his final lap and he was still on pole.

moojito

Yarr, really good to see another driver in the mix, and Williams back in business once again. Go go 6-way title fight next year!

Timbuktu

Bad day for Button, got carjacked in the city

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11704802

"Would-be assailants made an attempt to approach the car that was carrying Jenson Button" on Saturday, said the statement from McLaren.

Button was quickly driven away by an armed policemen in the reinforced armoured vehicle provided by McLaren, Reuters news agency reports.

"The police driver of Jenson's vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car immediately away from any danger and back to their hotel," McLaren said.

Some of the reports are making it sound like they actually fired on the car, although that seems to be unclear wording in the stories rather than fact to me.

Jinjo

I fucking knew it. I have to work during a qualifying session and the Hulkster gets fucking pole position. WTF happened here? :lol

Awesome, awesome stuff. I knew we could expect good stuff from him, but not on this level. Setups aside he was still a full second ahead of the RBR's. Not even the only 2 other people to beat RBR to pole, Hamilton & Alonso, managed that on this level.

DNF please for both RedBulls and FredLonso! Hamilton for the win! Got to keep this championship interesting somehow. :D

I totally agree with this vision of the future. :D

Juicy Bob

Just watched the final session again. It's frustrating that we didn't get to hear what was said after Hulk took pole. The one piece of team radio that everyone in the world wants to hear more than anything else this season and FOM fails on us.

TylerD

What a Q3! I had been feeling like shit all day and just got around to watching it on my DVR. I got worried when Alonso was so close to the top and then started cheering like mad as the others beat him out knocking him down to 5th. That is truly fantastic for Hulk and Williams to be sitting on pole.

I don't really care how they all finish just as long as the points race is tightened up again going into the last race of the season with Alonso ultimately losing the championship. I was pulling for Webber but after his eagerness to race in the conditions that all the others seemed to be scared of at Korea, Hamilton is now my preferred driver to win it all.

John_B

The race today will likely be the culmination of this awesome season. We had all the ingredients for a very exciting start in Korea, but a safety car ruined the fun. In Brazil we have the potential to witness mayhem in the first lap.

Of the grid we have Vettel vs Webber and Hamilton vs Alonso. If Hulkenberg manages to reach the first corner without conceding, he will likely create a small train of 4 WDC contenders that will do anything to gain a spot and anything not to loose one.

6 hours and 30 minutes before showdown...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I will watch only the start, have tickets for a hockey match tonight at 6 pm (race starts at 5 pm local time), so no race for me :(

Zinga

Banned
I have literally been praying for Alonso all day, and for Webber as well, if you are backing anyone in this race guys I suggest pray for them now as I firmly believe this is going to be the race that finally decides who will be 2010 champion... may the best man win!

Lucius86

Banned
John_B said:
The race today will likely be the culmination of this awesome season. We had all the ingredients for a very exciting start in Korea, but a safety car ruined the fun. In Brazil we have the potential to witness mayhem in the first lap.

Of the grid we have Vettel vs Webber and Hamilton vs Alonso. If Hulkenberg manages to reach the first corner without conceding, he will likely create a small train of 4 WDC contenders that will do anything to gain a spot and anything not to loose one.

6 hours and 30 minutes before showdown...

Fucking this. I really want Hulk to be first after the 1st lap - could you imagine those 4 squabbling for positions behind? It SHOULD be awesome :D

navanman

Jenson Button has hailed the swift actions of his police driver after being confronted by an armed gang in Sao Paulo last night.

The Formula One world champion, his father John, manager Richard Goddard and trainer Mike Collier escaped unharmed following the frightening attack that occurred on their return to their hotel after yesterday’s qualifying session for the Brazilian Grand Prix.

The quartet managed to flee the machine-gun wielding assailants as their police protector used the armoured Mercedes he was driving to barge his way through several vehicles.

“We were going back from the track and were outside a shanty town and moving slowly on a busy road,” Button told the Mail on Sunday.

“I saw a dog come out, which was very cute. The next thing I saw was a man with a gun.

“I said ’isn’t that a gun?’ and as soon as I said that, the driver angled the car and floored it.

“That’s when we saw six men, all of them brandishing machine guns.

“My driver was a legend. He bounced off about five cars. We were driving over the top of them. It was very scary.

“I don’t know whether they knew who it was they were ambushing.

I think something similar happened to the Toyota team a couple of years ago too.

Britprog

navanman said:
I think something similar happened to the Toyota team a couple of years ago too.

If this happened on Friday night, Jenson would have a great excuse for his quali performance yesterday :lol :lol

Mush

Just think if they had been a little more organised and professional we could have easily had someone hurt or even killed. Scary thoughts. :(

Crazy happenings, but hopefully he'll do a DC and drive like a man possessed today.

With regards to the others, I think it's highly likely that we'll see contact between the two Red Bulls today - especially if Hulkenberg leads through the first corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom