• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_B

Webber cracking under pressure, but exciting race tomorrow. Hamilton will be super aggressive off the line, interessting to see how Vettel will react.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
That was a bit of an anti-climax alright.
Alonso right where he needs to be leaving Vettel & Hamilton to fight for the win.

Britprog

Button 4th, will he do a do or die against Alonso 1st lap?

Also I see Webber crashing in to someone tomorrow.:lol

Alonso will win the WDC, he will keep a cool head and finish 3rd to win.

Lucius86

Banned
Button takes out Alonso, then straight fight between Vettel and Webber for drivers champ.

This grid has made the race unpredictable. But Alonso is looking good now.

TylerD

Juicy Bob said:
I can't see anyone but Fernando taking it now.

The Ferrari fans will be unbearable.

k6AB4.gif

Please, someone take out Alonso!

navanman

I, hand on heart, saying I'm not the biggest Ferrari fan but Alonso has been the best driver in the 2nd half of the season and especially when the time was needed for a big performance.

Jinjo

The Ferrari fans are already awful now. I'm getting bothered by a friend sending text messages how Alonso is going to be the champ and that Hamilton is a whiny fuck for saying to the team they should tell when someone on a fast lap is coming through.

Ugh, I am hoping so hard for a freak result tomorrow or at the very least an Alonso crap-out so I can return the favour. I had no trouble with Alonso taking the WDC (as he was the best driver in the second half of the season), now I do. :lol

Dead Man

Alonso may have been the best driver of the 2nd half of the season, no doubt, but it is not a half season championship. If he wins I will be okay with that, I wonder how RDR will feel knowing they could have had a WDC, I would love Weber to win of course.

S. L. said:
oh., dann. forgot about the bets.
To do what with?

Jinjo

Jinjo said:
The Ferrari fans are already awful now. I'm getting bothered by a friend sending text messages how Alonso is going to be the champ and that Hamilton is a whiny fuck for saying to the team they should tell when someone on a fast lap is coming through.

Ugh, I am hoping so hard for a freak result tomorrow or at the very least an Alonso crap-out so I can return the favour. I had no trouble with Alonso taking the WDC (as he was the best driver in the second half of the season), now I do. :lol

Fuck this shit, he's annoying me to no end. I'm pulling the teamorders/cheating card on that fucker. :lol

Edit: I feel so dirty now.

navanman

All 4 title contenders tomorrow will look back on the season and honestly say "I should have won the title".

Vettel - I had too many engine and car issues.
Webber - I made 2 mistakes in Valencia and Korea and lost the title.
Alonso - Too many so-so performances in mid-season.
Hamilton - 2 car DNFs and 2 mistakes cost me the title.

navanman said:
All 4 title contenders tomorrow will look back on the season and honestly say "I should have won the title".

Webber - I made 2 mistakes in Valencia and Korea and lost the title.

Vet - performing better as the season closes
Webber - getting worse as the season closes(CHOKE)
Alonso - same as Vet
Ham - kinda between Alo/Vet and Web. Hasn't choked but was at the wrong place and wrong time a few times the last few races

Dead Man

navanman said:

Webber - I made 2 mistakes in Valencia and Korea and had my team mate crash into me in Turkey and lost the title.
Fixed?

Momo said:
Alonso is truly the master of his craft

He may not be the fastest on the time sheets but he's getting the maximum with what he has and putting himself in the best position he can.

Nightmare scenario at Red Bull. Hamilton knows all he has to do is win and let whatever happens to the others happen. Vettel has to at least go for the win and Webber has a fast JB and Alonso and Massa to contend with around him.

Unfortunately it really looks like Webber qualified himself out of the Championship today, and especially with the McLarens in the mix, it can't see him turning it around tomorrow. The race will likely settle into an early stalemate that hands Alonso the title.

I've spent the whole year rooting for Webber, Button and well, pretty much anyone but Alonso. But you know what, after the last few races, I can't help but concede that if he gets the job tomorrow, he bloody deserves it.

Shaneus

Fuck, reading reports on other forums and this one, I though Webber may have had an accident or something, shit :lol

Fif.jpg

It's bad, but it's not THAT bad. If it was any other driver in the same position (Hammy, Nando) you'd say that they'd be in with a chance at snatching victory, but not Webber. Just not aggressive enough. He needs to Kobayashi tomorrow and just go for broke. If he can somehow get into the top 3 then he has a shot, but that's gonna require a fuckload of luck. Maybe Hammy and Alonso will take each other out? Webber can take Hamilton, Webber finishes second... but even though it would be equal points, Vettel would have him on race wins. Fuck.

Talk about clutching at straws :lol

No penalty for Hamilton.

NHale said:
Embarassing reaction at Red Bull. Your best option to the WDC ends at 5th and you're celebrating? Mark Webber is right, inside Red Bull everyone wants Vettel to win...

EDIT - Hamilton will receive a grid penalty. There is no way that incident with Massa in Q2 doesn't get him a penalty.

S. L.

i predict a crude overtaking attempt from Webber on Alonso as he has to get to the front at all cost, which will take them both out.
Then lots of Vettel Finger :D :D :D

Also tomorrow better be our Haturday!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
S. L. said:
i predict a crude overtaking attempt from Webber on Alonso as he has to get to the front at all cost, which will take them both out.
Then lots of Vettel Finger :D :D :D

Also tomorrow better be our Haturday!
Yeah, and in the last lap Vettel's engine dies and Lewis wins WDC. :lol

Jenson could play big role tommorow, if he overtakes Alonso right at the beginning of the race.

Lince

Banned
well I had some money on Webber winning so... meh, I should have bought a videogame instead. I'd rather have a new WDC so let's hope the stars align for Vettel tomorrow.

Shaneus

NHale said:
Embarassing reaction at Red Bull. Your best option to the WDC ends at 5th and you're celebrating? Mark Webber is right, inside Red Bull everyone wants Vettel to win...

EDIT - Hamilton will receive a grid penalty. There is no way that incident with Massa in Q2 doesn't get him a penalty.
I only just saw this post... exactly what happened? Were they just overjoyed that they had another pole?

Seriously, if Mark gets a whiff of similar treatment next year, he should fucking walk. If they admitted Webber was #2 and still backed him, fine. But to so ardently say they're backing both drivers equally and behave in the manner they have over the whole season is just bullshit.

Maybe with all his shit starts, he's saving his one good one for this race, manages to take EVERYONE by the first corner and goes on to win... but the race is past my bedtime so I'll just dream that's what happens and stick with it :lol

S. L.

Shaneus said:
I only just saw this post... exactly what happened? Were they just overjoyed that they had another pole?

Seriously, if Mark gets a whiff of similar treatment next year, he should fucking walk. If they admitted Webber was #2 and still backed him, fine. But to so ardently say they're backing both drivers equally and behave in the manner they have over the whole season is just bullshit.
i'm guessing the Vettel mechanics celebrated. they are pretty much two separate teams. but dunno /shrug

Webber should go after this season. i don't see much point in keeping him at RBR. internally Vettel is clearly the number one and is faster than Webber as well. As a support driver Webber is useless as he is insanely stubborn and they hate each others guts.

Lince

Banned
NHale said:
Hamilton will receive a grid penalty. There is no way that incident with Massa in Q2 doesn't get him a penalty.

I guess he got away with a reprimand (again). Anyway, at this point I prefer he wasn't punished, I'd love to see some serious tangling between Hammy, Vettel and Alonso @ turns 1 - 2

Yoritomo

Shaneus said:

Maybe with all his shit starts, he's saving his one good one for this race, manages to take EVERYONE by the first corner and goes on to win... but the race is past my bedtime so I'll just dream that's what happens and stick with it :lol

And if they had swapped places last race he would still be behind Alonso. At least with Vettel they still have a shot at the championship.

You must be Australian.

almokla said:
unfortunately its never gonna happen

broken-heart.jpg

Well he does drive Rally cars for Red Bull.

Maybe if Webber leaves they can bring Kimi to partner with Vettel. If they do and the RB car is as good as this year's car then I expect Kimi to stomp all over Vettel and have another 1988, 2002, 2004 type of domination by 1 team.

ExtraKr1spy said:
Well he does drive Rally cars for Red Bull.

Maybe if Webber leaves they can bring Kimi to partner with Vettel. If they do and the RB car is as good as this year's car then I expect Kimi to stomp all over Vettel and have another 1988, 2002, 2004 type of domination by 1 team.

after 2 years out of F1? I highly doubt it.

Redbull could've got him in 2011 but they didn't.

almokla said:
after 2 years out of F1? I highly doubt it.

Redbull could've got him in 2011 but they didn't.

He was paid quite a lot by Ferrari to not race in 2010, he might have lowered his salary demands for this year. But he has been doing well in the WRC and he doesn't sound like he wants to go back to f1 in the near future. Would he be the first F1 and WRC Champion if he manages to win the WRC championship?

Deadman

Yes he would.

Id like to see him back in f1 but id also like for him to stay in rallying, so win win really.

What i really want is kubica to replace one of the weaker drivers from the top teams (but mostly button) and show what he can do in a good car.

Britprog

Please Please Please can someone make me an avatar of the view from the bollard which Hamilton hit.

Cheers

EDIT I've got FLV file ripped from the BBC website as a source, please PM me if you can.

itxaka

Defeatist
So what time does the race starts tomorrow?

Freaking spanish tv making stupid 5 hours pre-race events and never saying at which time the race starts :mad:

S. L.

itxaka said:
So what time does the race starts tomorrow?

Freaking spanish tv making stupid 5 hours pre-race events and never saying at which time the race starts :mad:
formula1.com -> right side -> convert to local time

Pimpwerx

I hope Hammy is going balls-out tomorrow. I want him to put in a drive for the ages. :D I hope Webber bones Alonso and takes both of themselves out. I don't care if Vettel wins the WDC, just not Alonso. I'd much prefer Webber won it all though, since I thought he deserved it. But it looks like RBR was willing to hand this one to Alonso. I really don't like how they handled this at all. PEACE.

moojito

Alonso said he's not even thinking about the championship. Maybe he won't even turn up and will just go on that roller coaster again instead.

Although I'd like to see Kubica in a good car as well, it seems that teams with two top drivers always seem to have trouble. Hamilton/Alonso, Senna/Prost, Mansell/Piquet and now Webber/Vettel. I don't know if Raikonnen and Massa would count as an exception to this, as on the years when each of them won or came close, the other was pretty well out of it.

Britprog

Pimpwerx said:
I hope Hammy is going balls-out tomorrow. I want him to put in a drive for the ages. :D I hope Webber bones Alonso and takes both of themselves out. I don't care if Vettel wins the WDC, just not Alonso. I'd much prefer Webber won it all though, since I thought he deserved it. But it looks like RBR was willing to hand this one to Alonso. I really don't like how they handled this at all. PEACE.

If Lewis performs a miracle and wins the WDC I think I will cry with happiness.

I think Lewis will win the race, he is gonna do a do a die move and pass vettel, basically he is gonna hand the WDC to Alonso.

moojito

No way! Hamilton will bring his car to a halt 1 meter from the finish line if it means Alonso winning the wdc if he passes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom