• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Ashodin

Since there's so many pages on the original Chromehounds thread, I'd like to dedicate this thread to all the squads on Chromehounds ATM.

If you're in a squad, please list which one you're signed up to (or currently signed up for) and your gamertag.

Squad: 13th GAFHND SQD, nickname GAFHOUND, 13th
Gamertag: Twilight Lycian
Server Country: America
Colors: Gold and White
Hound of Choice: P-LDN MARK II Paladin Hound Style
Forgot about the Passcode: It's X, Y, LT, RT.

Members of GAFHOUND currently:

Number: 18 | One Spot Left
Twilight Lycian - 13
pedro the lion - 21
Scientific - 73
purg3 - 00
mirik - 11
KidInsomnia - 82
FallenOne666 - 16
sefskillz - 24
BlackHawk2k3 - 99
StuntGibbon - 37
luvaluva - 69
THE GROTTO - 04
Silver S shadow - 84
JoatesDogg187 - 45
gettergooey - 29
StuKen - 34
OUT OF NAMES - 33
Hapoel TA - 77
btrboyev
Nos G

Go go Chromehounds!:D

Ashodin

IAmNude said:
Does the game have game modes you'd usually see in an FPS like CTF or is it all about one big war?
It's a big war where you're able to correlate moves with other people in your squad into other missions.

It's a great feeling of everyone fighting together for a certain cause. Check out the original Chromehounds thread - you can see people on pages 8 and 9 pumped to fight for a dying nation to turn back the tide. It's a great thing.

IAmNude said:
Does the game have game modes you'd usually see in an FPS like CTF or is it all about one big war?

I believe there are CTF and Deathmatch type modes as well. There are other types of multiplayer besides the persistent War. There is even co-op modes.

Ashodin

tissot said:
I tried joining your squad, but it says it can't be found
two other guys joined my squad just fine. When you put in a name for a squad, you might not find it because the name search is kinda messy.

Just look for the name in the giant list. It's easy to scroll by fast.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Tokyo based GAFfers squad :

Squad: Tokyopia
Gamertag: DCharlie
Colors: Blue
Hound of Choice: Custom crap thing just stacked with anti hound rockets and heavy rockets
Current campaign : getting to grips with game vs. CPU AI.

Members : DCharlie, LEOsh1975, Blackace (eventually)

Group is for the Tokyo/Japan leg of GAF/Tokyopia.

Pass code is available via PM.

In short - we suck, but we have enjoyment whilst we are teh suxxors

Ashodin

I love all the interest for this game, it's gotten so-so reviews and the people reviewing the game are really not knowing what they have their hands on here.

The game is selling out fast by word of mouth - I had a hard time grabbing it just the other day. I actually swiped the last copy from EBGames on Friday :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
what is the deal. A lot of people seem to be getting "squad not found" when it blatantly exists (yes, correct affiliation and everything)

wipeout364

That is the only message i ever get. I've tried searching the menu for the squad but it doesn't seem to come up. FRUSTRATING!!!! :[

Ashodin

I know, when I was searching for the GAF Brigade, it didn't want to work.

All I can say is just delete your online file and try again, I think something is messed up. Try looking over on SEGA's forums to see if they have a fix for the problem too.

Tabs

Gamertag list of the NeoGAF Brigade:

chespace 1UP
MattsOnlyHope
Trav
drohne
Rodrik
Jeff AMN
chrisful
Vince2023
Denogginizer OS
plus1chromosome
Sysgen
IJoel
KungFuJedi 1138
six demon bag
Vark
Musashi Wins
DJ Brannon
No Depth
freddor
Scaramanga OS

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DCharlie said:
what is the deal. A lot of people seem to be getting "squad not found" when it blatantly exists (yes, correct affiliation and everything)

To get into a brigade A member has to be in the LOBBY at the time of the application, also either 2 members need to approve the application or the squad leader does. AKA if you apply and only one person is in the lobby and that person is not the leader it will be denied.

Ashodin

Just want to say CHROMEHOUNDS kicks ass.

This night has seen many turnarounds, and the GAFHOUND and GAF Brigade has done their part. :)

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Wow, amazing game.

The more I play, the more strategies I discover.

From Software has made the first classic online mech game on any console -- no small feat, to be sure.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
I want to join a squad, please invite me when you are offline, it's stupid that we can't join squads when there are no members in the lobby.

Gamertag: Mirik

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
You need to type the name of the squad in the search box EXACTLY as it is spelled. That's the only way to find the squad in my case, browsing didn't work.

And this is indeed the only great mech game I've ever seen on console. Wonderful game.

Game seems to be selling well. When I picked it up at BB yesterday, the BB duder gave the game a weird look and said the thing was selling like crazy all weekend. The word is spreading my comrades.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Cool. Did not see the official thread until after I posted this in the IGN thread:

XBOX 360 - $399.99

Copy of Chromehounds - $59.99

Starbucks Quadruple Shot Vente Caramel Latte - $5.30

Staying up past 2AM two nights in a row playing with the NeoGAF Brigade online on Chromehounds - PRICELESS!!

DenogginizerOS

If you want to get your blood going and wake up after a late night on Chromehounds, listen to the analysis of the game on the opening segement of the 1upYours podcast. A few seem to be put-off with the fact that this game requires intelligent friends who will work together, strategize, and play roles in a persistent online world with great graphics and an awesome mech customization tool. Ugh.

Garnett and Luke defended it and want to play with us. You know how to reach us...:)

And Shane says this game will be forgotten in a week and is a non-issue.

Enron

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Cool. Did not see the official thread until after I posted this in the IGN thread:

XBOX 360 - $399.99

Copy of Chromehounds - $59.99

Starbucks Quadruple Shot Vente Caramel Latte - $5.30

Staying up past 2AM two nights in a row playing with the NeoGAF Brigade online on Chromehounds - PRICELESS!!

Sorry I wasnt able to make it all day yesterday, had to entertain family from out of town. Now that I am officially poor, ill be staying in and playing a lot the next few nights, lol.

Zaphod

Crap, you are making this sound a bit like the old Mechwarrior on th GEnie network. That makes me want this bad. What's the outlook for people playing during the week? I'm usually busy during the weekends. Online games can be a bit fickle since they rely on a strong community. I'm on the fence here.

DenogginizerOS said:
And Shane says this game will be forgotten in a week and is a non-issue.

money-bag.jpg

Here you go Shane. You've earned it.

BET!

After spending the morning reading these threads and after returning from vacay wondering why so many people on my friends list were playing Chromehounds, I totally caved. (True Story: Two 360 Games netted me this game for $0.64 at GameSpot, brand new!)

So I want to trundle through SP for a few days but I'd like to secure my spot in the second GAF resistance squad a la pronto, even though all my chums (DENOG, WHUTUP) are already in the elite First Squad.

This is my first mech game evah but it looks as if it will play the same role Forza did in getting me into proper racing games.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie said:
BET!

After spending the morning reading these threads and after returning from vacay wondering why so many people on my friends list were playing Chromehounds, I totally caved. (True Story: Two 360 Games netted me this game for $0.64 at GameSpot, brand new!)

So I want to trundle through SP for a few days but I'd like to secure my spot in the second GAF resistance squad a la pronto, even though all my chums (DENOG, WHUTUP) are already in the elite First Squad.

This is my first mech game evah but it looks as if it will play the same role Forza did in getting me into proper racing games.

Nice. We were discussing last night about organizing groups of 20 into cohesive groups that will likely play together and play well together.

DenogginizerOS said:
Nice. We were discussing last night about organizing groups of 20 into cohesive groups that will likely play together and play well together.

Excellent. So, can I only join a squad if they're currently online? I can't seem to find GAFHOUND.

Sysgen

Maxrpg said:
The feeling of running a tight-knit group, GUNDAM STYLE

This is it exactly, The battles can get pretty intense and are very strategic. The wanting to have the best mech on the battlefield makes the customization addictive. After the battle the leader can share revenue as well as expenses for the participating squad so even if if you didn't have any damage you are helping your teammates repair their mechs. The game fosters team concepts. Also, knowing that every little skirmash contributes to the overall outcome gives every battle a sense of urgency. GAF is right on this one. I haven't even touched the single player yet.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Excellent. So, can I only join a squad if they're currently online? I can't seem to find GAFHOUND.

Yes, you have to voted in.

Kobold said:
Be sure to post when the second GAF squad is online, so I can try and join!

Ditto. Although, I probably won't be battle ready for a little while.

Just finished the first tutorial and damn this is a sweet looking game. It looks like I've got about the same proficiency in this as I do GRAW. Not the best, but I can have some serious fun here.

Straight to the garage for me, now!

purg3

slept with Malkin
BenjaminBirdie said:

It's actually listed as 13th GAFHND SQD when you do the squad search. More people need to join up, as of right now I think there are only 4 members.

By the way, I cant describe how much fun this game is online. I was up until 6am fighting the enemies of Tarakia with Maxrpg. So if you are looking for a squad join up with the 13th GAFHND SQD.

Question:

If I buy stuff online in campaign, will it go on the same mech I can use in Story Mode?

purgeface said:
It's actually listed as 13th GAFHND SQD when you do the squad search. More people need to join up, as of right now I think there are only 4 members.

By the way, I cant describe how much fun this game is online. I was up until 6am fighting the enemies of Tarakia with Maxrpg. So if you are looking for a squad join up with the 13th GAFHND SQD.

Still no dice. I'm guessing it needs to be logged on at the time.

ETA:
It's looking as if Story Mode and Online have completely seperate Hounds? So I can't bring Lil Scrapper online. Better start building one for Online.

Kobold

I'm also not getting the squad to show up by inserting that identical name in the search.

Again, let's just post here when some of the unit are online, so we can jump online and join real quick!

I know for sure you can use offline parts in online, I would guess the reverse is also true, but I have no clue if that is true? Maybe just try it after you bought something online I guess. :)

Also, we need to make some list of the best available items or something in each class? Because I have no clue which inverse chassis is the best or where to get it etc. Are they also rated? Left corner says B, or E, what does that mean? Is that the quality, so one would strive after all A or S class items?

purgeface said:
BenjaminBirdie give it another try, I'm online right now.

It's still not showing up. What's the step-by-step? I can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

ETA: NM, found it! Stay on for a little while because I've got to ditch my router.

purg3

slept with Malkin
really, kobold just joined up. go to join/leave/manage squad on the main online lobby, then go to join squad and type in 13th GAFHND SQD (it's case sensitive). after that the squad should show up. Then just type in the password from the op when it asks for it.

Kobold

Woops. I am now the only one in the squad lobby. I tried to copy the squad colors to my own selection of colors, but instead it copied like a plain brown color to the squad color, reverse of what I wanted. I hope you still have your colorscheme loaded so you can update it again, oopsy! :)

I guess I got admin powers over the squad because I'm the only one online. That is really dumb! :(

How do I take over the squad colors though?

Anyways I'll be online for the most of the day in the lobby, I would love to play but yea, I'll wait 'till there is more people also.

Kobold said:
Woops. I am now the only one in the squad lobby. I tried to copy the squad colors to my own selection of colors, but instead it copied like a plain brown color to the squad color, reverse of what I wanted. I hope you still have your colorscheme loaded so you can update it again, oopsy! :)

I guess I got admin powers over the squad because I'm the only one online. That is really dumb! :(

How do I take over the squad colors though?

Anyways I'll be online for the most of the day in the lobby, I would love to play but yea, I'll wait 'till there is more people also.

Hey Kobold, I just tried to sign up. GT is FallenOne666.

raYne

I'm gonna jump into the 13th as well since DC's squad isn't up yet(?). Actually, unless he's opposed to it, we should just continue to full up the squads in order, rather than scattering people all over the place.

*checks to see if any members are online*

Top Bottom