• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
NeoGAF Brigade UPDATE: We did some damage in the desert tonight, boys. As a lethal team of six, we destroyed the AI enemy units. Tarakia is still above 40% and the Sar Kar nation is about to fall.

Still haven't seen too many humans playing as enemies. We had one brave soul try to take on all 6 of us. I hit him with one sniper bullet and then a fellow teammate snuck up behind him and shived him with spikes. Looked beautiful from distance.

Again, night missions are something to behold. The lighting in this game is simply breathtaking. Like 4th of July when things start to heat up.

Geoff9920

DenogginizerOS said:
NeoGAF Brigade UPDATE: We did some damage in the desert tonight, boys. As a lethal team of six, we were no match for the enemy. Tarakia is still above 40% and the Sar Kar nation is about to fall.

Still haven't seen too many humans playing as enemies. We had one brave soul try to take on all 6 of us. I hit him with one sniper bullet and then a fellow teammate snuck up behind him and shived him with spikes. Looked beautiful from distance.

Again, night missions are something to behold. The lighting in this game is simply breathtaking. Like 4th of July when things start to heat up.
I think you mean that they were no match for us. ;) I do wish we played against more humans though, the PC is a little too easy.

Ashodin

To keep you all updated, most of the GAFHOUND squad is taking a break from the offensive.

Sal Kar is on the run!!!

And Milik will be online to help you join the squad if you show up.

mikeGFG

Banned
So in this Persistent War mode, whats to stop a 20 man squad from capturing all your base when you and your squad are sound asleep?

Ashodin

Mike G.E.D. said:
So in this Persistent War mode, whats to stop a 20 man squad from capturing all your base when you and your squad are sound asleep?
People playing during the night. Roar!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Kung Fu Jedi said:
I've spent much of the weekend playing SP mode and collecting parts. I've completed the Soldier, Sniper, Heavy Gunner, and Defender missions, so I have some decent parts. I've also spent some time in the garage putting together a mech or two and seeing how they work on the test battlefield. The customization options are just insane.

I intend to get online in the next day or so, but I'm not sure if I can make nightly 9:30 sessions. So, if the NeoGAF Brigade is looking for a sacrificial lamb to kick out in order to make room for someone else, I guess I'm as good as anyone to let go. I'll find another group to join up with and no hard feelings.

As near as I can tell, it's actually better to just jump online immediately. You get about 100 grand a mission, and you'll be able to purchase parts to your hearts content. I hear the progression is much slower when you get the parts in single player.

DenogginizerOS said:
NeoGAF Brigade UPDATE: We did some damage in the desert tonight, boys. As a lethal team of six, we were no match for the enemy. Tarakia is still above 40% and the Sar Kar nation is about to fall.

We owned them and I love that map.

sammy

gigapower said:
When playing online is there anyway to tell if you are going against the computer of a real person?

if there are no human oponents (where the enemy icon reads "wait") the host will have option to launch against CPU ---- and the cpu will default to the # of team opponents the host decided (4 vs 4, or 3 vs 3, or 6 vs 6)

Enron

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Well the squad rules or whatever they are when they applied says we have to play everynight.. So I'm all for kicking the people who didn't pay attention to that.. They can form a squad for gaf part time members or something. :)

Getting annoying going online to only have a few people online or none at all from our squad.

Well I can tell you RIGHT now that shit is a little ridiculous. Playing EVERY night? im sorry, but I have a job. I can't sit around and play games till 3AM anymore, that shit went out the window 4 years ago. I do try to go out on the weekends to balance out my shut-in geekery. I do enjoy this game and enjoy playing with the brigade. but every night? That's a _BIT_ much.

Yo Che you didn't really miss anything, after you left the lobby we tried 3-4 more times to get a game going but got dropped everytime so it was about 45 minutes of nothing.

I hope we can get a scheduled time down for bigger matches. If we have at least 12 on at one time it would be good. We should have two battles going off at the same time.

frogg609

Doc Savage said:
Yo Che you didn't really miss anything, after you left the lobby we tried 3-4 more times to get a game going but got dropped everytime so it was about 45 minutes of nothing.

I hope we can get a scheduled time down for bigger matches. If we have at least 12 on at one time it would be good. We should have two battles going off at the same time.

the disconnects were atrocious tonight. hopefully tomorrow night will be better.

Doc Savage said:

Argh yeah it was annoying as hell. They really gotta fix the connecting to game issue...fast.

Argh. I've had enough of this games poor servers.. I'm hitting the sack. See ya guys on therhe at 10 am-1030 am est. Someone better be on to do missions with :)

Found out I get a lot of money if i beat a war mission on my own. Grabbed like 130,000 bucks for taking out a bunch of turrets, a player hound and a base. :D

why isn't this thread stickied? can't expect warworn hounds to find a thread

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
BenjaminBirdie said:
Um. Guys. Tarakia is gone. 0%.

Luckily I got all my shopping done just in time. Tomorrow, meet Dan Dority, my new monster.

Yeah. Seems the war servers are having major problems tonight. Kinda disappointing but it's undoubtedly a server load issue so I guess it's kind of a mixed blessing.

In light of the fact that the war has gone to hell, I've been playing a lot of deathmatches with random folks -- just free for alls and team DMs... still very fun. :)

chespace said:
Yeah. Seems the war servers are having major problems tonight. Kinda disappointing but it's undoubtedly a server load issue so I guess it's kind of a mixed blessing.

In light of the fact that the war has gone to hell, I've been playing a lot of deathmatches with random folks -- just free for alls and team DMs... still very fun. :)

No Che! We must reclaim the Capital. We owe it to the Former Democratic Republic of Tarakia!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Holy shit, just had the most incredible 3v3 in our capital city of Xeres tonight with drohne and misteranderson (vince).

The war isn't going well for Tarakia but amazingly enough, we've managed to win back 1/4 of the capital already.

I managed to take out a mech at our base, and then was swamped by 2 more. Almost took out both of them with my Bastard phallus until the enemy got the better of me.... intense... my hands are still shaking.

If any NeoGAF Brigade folks are online right now, join!

Ashodin

chespace said:
Holy shit, just had the most incredible 3v3 in our capital city of Xeres tonight with drohne and misteranderson (vince).

The war isn't going well for Tarakia but amazingly enough, we've managed to win back 1/4 of the capital already.

I managed to take out a mech at our base, and then was swamped by 2 more. Almost took out both of them with my Bastard phallus until the enemy got the better of me.... intense... my hands are still shaking.

I, the lone member of GAFHOUND on right now, took down some of the bastard Morskoj at our own capital and we regained the main territory. Things are looking up - Sal Kar is pushing back from their own capital, we almost had an end to the war.

Anyway, I killed people in single-handed runs where I used a Lance Hound (codenamed M-MDON, Myrmidon) and killed enemies before they knew what was going on.

GO 13TH!
GO GAF BRIGADE!
GO TARAKIA!

Maxrpg said:
I, the lone member of GAFHOUND on right now, took down some of the bastard Morskoj at our own capital and we regained the main territory. Things are looking up - Sal Kar is pushing back from their own capital, we almost had an end to the war.

Anyway, I killed people in single-handed runs where I used a Lance Hound (codenamed M-MDON, Myrmidon) and killed enemies before they knew what was going on.

GO 13TH!
GO GAF BRIGADE!
GO TARAKIA!

Max, I'm on now. I'll wait in the lobby for you. We must reclaim the Capital!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

W0000 - just had a nice 2 vs 2 battle - didn't realise you could bring down piping onto a mech causing damage.

this game is FCKAWESUM online. It's just too good.

one complaint though - wanted to say "thanks" to the people we fought because it was such a cool battle, but you don't get that option - you only get to see which team you fought.

Ashodin

Going to bed guys - I'll be back later at 1 PM EST. let's get some more group going!

I'm gonna check Live to see if any mates are on and tell them I'll be back later too (looking at you, vyse)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
DCharlie said:
W0000 - just had a nice 2 vs 2 battle - didn't realise you could bring down piping onto a mech causing damage.

this game is FCKAWESUM online. It's just too good.

one complaint though - wanted to say "thanks" to the people we fought because it was such a cool battle, but you don't get that option - you only get to see which team you fought.

You can actually talk to them. Go to your friends list, then "latest players". The top of the list is the people you played with last.

I've actually had people from an enemy team chat request me when we were waiting for them to ready up. They told me that one guy was about to be right back, and that was why they hadn't hit ready yet. So, it updates immediately upon getting the little "enemy" box in the ready room.

I'm kinda put off....because I have a very hectic daily schedule and I don't know if I would be able to play this regularly enough with fellow GAFers.....responsibilty sucks sometimes ya know, but can't help that I'm hardcore gamer with a casual gamer amount of freetime >_<

doesn't help that I'm in AlaskaTimeZone either

But I'll be getting this from Gamefly tommorow or the next day. After that, I'm going to try and see if I can keep up with the momentum everyone else seems to have right now. If I can, then I'll definetly keep this one and play it for a long time to come :)

Geoff9920

After playing with several of the NeoGAF Brigade last night, Tarakia had 50% of the land. Now I wake up and our nation is gone. :O :lol

Ashodin

chespace said:

To any of the GAF Alliance (Brigade or HOUND), if you joined in the fight to retake the capital, you'll get a nice new NATION REVIVE Medal.

Those who served in the line of duty deserve it. (I got one myself, I helped take back the capital one-shotting Morskoj's)

I proudly display it on my Hound.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I was on last night for a hour with noone from 13th around. I kept searching for missions but they were all 0/x players, is there any way to search for open missions with actual players? I couldn't find that option.

I still crack up how nmy friend's list is lit up like a Christmas Tree, with the majority of people playing Chromehounds. Even the hardcore Halo2 gamers have enlisted to fight in the Neroimus war. It'll be intersting to see how things go after server maintanance on July 18th. This game rocks and will do so for quite some time. I expect some of the casuals to drop off when Saint's Row and Dead Rising hit retail, but this game will stay in my rotation.

It's sad that I got may a total of 6 hours sleep the entire weekend due to this game. I think I need some counseling. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Apharmd Battler said:
I still crack up how nmy friend's list is lit up like a Christmas Tree, with the majority of people playing Chromehounds. Even the hardcore Halo2 gamers have enlisted to fight in the Neroimus war. It'll be intersting to see how things go after server maintanance on July 18th. This game rocks and will do so for quite some time. I expect some of the casuals to drop off when Saint's Row and Dead Rising hit retail, but this game will stay in my rotation.

It's sad that I got may a total of 6 hours sleep the entire weekend due to this game. I think I need some counseling. :lol

I stayed up past 2AM 2 nights in a row to play this game. I haven't done that in a long time.

BTW, what the hell happened overnight???!!! I went to bed and we had 40% of the map!

crunker99

Its a great game online, great great fun! I would join but I am with my old crew in the 3rd Mechanized Recon Calvary, but msg me if u need something!

GamersReportsDM,

and this game owns on Liv e, good job Sega!

SonnyBoy

Denogginizer what sqaud are you a member of? I want to join a squad with people on my friends list. Do you live on the east coast?

crunker99

sefskillz said:
I was on last night for a hour with noone from 13th around. I kept searching for missions but they were all 0/x players, is there any way to search for open missions with actual players? I couldn't find that option.

safe join a squad dude, it helsp soooooo much

Geoff9920

DenogginizerOS said:
I stayed up past 2AM 2 nights in a row to play this game. I haven't done that in a long time.

BTW, what the hell happened overnight???!!! I went to bed and we had 40% of the map!
No idea, I guess we really should attacked the sal kar capital. :p

I checked my friends list this morning and saw that the brigade had poeple on at 6 a.m. eastern time. :lol

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
God, this game is so great online. The strategy and mech building are as complex as you want them to be, but getting in and piloting is pretty easy and intuitive. Love that.

It is pretty hilarious to look at your friends list and see nearly everyone "Playing Chromehounds". :lol I haven't seen that since the first few weeks of Oblivion.

Jeff-DSA

Man, too bad the servers were struggling last night...

The random deathmatches were tons of fun...even when Che smoked me in a when we got down to 1-on-1. Hopefully I can get back into the war today.

Does the NeoGAF Brigade have a time set up to log on tonight? I'm going to be checking at lunch, just after work, and a bit later tonight.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Um. Guys. Tarakia is gone. 0%.

Luckily I got all my shopping done just in time. Tomorrow, meet Dan Dority, my new monster.

Wth people!
Last night I leave you guys for 45 minutes so I could walk the dog and Tarakia drops from 45 to 35%.. I leave you guys for 6 hours so I could finally sleep and you let it drop to 0%??! I really am this army's only hope. Without me you guys are nothing. :( :lol

Top Bottom