• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Trasher

Chichikov said:
Why the hell do you people even sell games?
Just owned a bunch of guys in free battle.
Man, I forgot how awesome this game is.
Chichi, did you ever join the NeoGAF squad? I would be down to play.

Chichikov said:
You have the game?
I think we have a room in the squad.

Yeah I have the game. I'd love to play but the wife is watching tv on media center right now. I'm straight scared as I can't remember for the life of me how to create a decent hound or control it for that matter.

Chichikov

Warm Machine said:
Yeah I have the game. I'd love to play but the wife is watching tv on media center right now. I'm straight scared as I can't remember for the life of me how to create a decent hound or control it for that matter.
Don't worry, we have blueprints and we all suck.
You have me in your friend list.

Spooka

I'm sure myself and the pockethitler could stop in this week for the yearly chromehounds revival tour.

Now where the hell is vagrant at? Dream team assemble?

Chichikov

XBL maintenance?
FFS, the one night we have a reunion.

Spooka said:
I'm sure myself and the pockethitler could stop in this week for the yearly chromehounds revival tour.

Now where the hell is vagrant at? Dream team assemble?
Dream team ain't a dream team if you can't shout at Joates for ruining everything.

Trasher

Chichikov said:
XBL maintenance?
FFS, the one night we have a reunion.

Dream team ain't a dream team if you can't shout at Joates for ruining everything.
I just remembered, "DUDE JUST GOT JACKED UP!"

Btw, Che and Chichi, I can't connect to Live for some reason. I'm afraid I'm done for the night. :(

Goddamn you guys are reviving the old GAF chromehounds squad when I'm busy playing Wipeout HD? Damnit guys...

(this is Vince2023 to the people who don't recognize me)

Really upsetting news. I haven't played the game in a while but me and my bros wasted a great summer on Chromehounds back in the day and I'll always have fond memories of squad play in that game. Here's hoping to a sequel being made by some freak chance.

Chichikov

Jonnyram said:
Or maybe they are gearing up for Chromehounds 2 (let me dream!).
Man, I wish this was true, but that seems extremely unlikely, if there was a sequel in the works it would make sense to announce it before you announce the shutting down of the service.

Oh well, such is life, I will definitely make a farewell tour before the servers shut down.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
naaa, Sega are going to stun us all with Chromehounds2 at TGS, available in the new year!

(even if it just gets the AC treatment of a mild rehash with some new missions)

also, Faction tshirts/army shirts at TGS please thanks!

Kingpen

Phthisis said:
:(

Only 4 months left. Anyone want to fire up their mechs for one last send-off?

Twas some good times for sure.... Fond memories for sure. We had some great co-op for sure..

I'm not online anymore with the 360 but hope your doing good man. I'm doing about as well as a guy with a new hot girlfriend can do - meaning I'm not playing all too many games anymore. If I still had Chromehounds though, I would definitely give that a final sendoff.

I think I probably put more time into that then any other 360 game

It is a real shame there is not a sequel.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Chichikov said:
Man, I wish this was true, but that seems extremely unlikely, if there was a sequel in the works it would make sense to announce it before you announce the shutting down of the service.

Oh well, such is life, I will definitely make a farewell tour before the servers shut down.

We need to get the crew back together and get some games in. Had some really great times playing with the gaf sqaud, and some of the funniest moments I've ever seen playing games online.

Ashodin

purg3 said:
We need to get the crew back together and get some games in. Had some really great times playing with the gaf sqaud, and some of the funniest moments I've ever seen playing games online.
I'd have to go get it again - I haven't played it in a while and I miss the GAF Squad 13, so of the BEST times happened on that game in my life :D

Like the game where I singlehandedly saved everyone in the winter map, in my Sniper mech, killing all the stupid missile stackers :lol :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42310

Gamestop has this used for $9.99, you guys that got rid of the game need to go pick it up.

Maxrpg said:
I'd have to go get it again - I haven't played it in a while and I miss the GAF Squad 13, so of the BEST times happened on that game in my life :D

Like the game where I singlehandedly saved everyone in the winter map, in my Sniper mech, killing all the stupid missile stackers :lol :lol

dude, what about those rednecks we stomped like 3 matches in a row, and then they send that crazy fucking voice msg to you. I was laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes. that and the whole "can't see shit" match was classic. good times. :lol

shuri

Banned
motherfuckers, i cannot believe they are shutting down the servers. Fuck you guys! FUCK YOU!. The game is worthless without the servers.

Release the server binaries, or something. THIS IS VERY FUCKING UPSETTING

Ashodin

purg3 said:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42310

Gamestop has this used for $9.99, you guys that got rid of the game need to go pick it up.

dude, what about those rednecks we stomped like 3 matches in a row, and then they send that crazy fucking voice msg to you. I was laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes. that and the whole "can't see shit" match was classic. good times. :lol
oh SHIT dude I forgot about the voice msg! that shit was AWESOME, and we were justified in our beatdowns, we had the better skills.

Most of my favorite matches were sideswipe wars in capital cities, stomping through the towns, palms sweaty, hearing the crunch crUNch CRUNCH of footsteps getting closer, or the dead heat of the night waiting for lights to flash from the first fires of the conflict.

Chichikov

purg3 said:
Sure thing man, if you see me online shoot me an invite, that was some good good times.

Maxrpg said:

Ahh yes, I still remember that time when you no scoped a missile tower with your last sniper round to win a match, such good times, so many awesome moments.
And it's only goes to show how awesome this game is, how many games do you know where you remember a kill (that your teammate made no less) that happened 3 years ago?

purg3 said:
Damn that was gold.
Do you remember the guy with the freaky myspace page where he posed in a trench coat and hunting rifles?

p.s.
I almost forgot the human handicap, AKA Joates, "DUDE GOT JACKED UP!".

DCharlie

it's weird - every single time we played , the wife would check the location of whoever we were playing against.

If they were Japanese, we knew they'd just sit around their base waiting to get battered.

If they were american, they were likely just going to rush straight up at as

and if they were european, they'd always have a team of very mobile spikers and would just bumrush the base no matter what.

Hmmm - been thinking of putting together some sort of CH <3 <3 video.

Ashodin

WhiteAce said:
it's weird - every single time we played , the wife would check the location of whoever we were playing against.

If they were Japanese, we knew they'd just sit around their base waiting to get battered.

If they were american, they were likely just going to rush straight up at as

and if they were european, they'd always have a team of very mobile spikers and would just bumrush the base no matter what.

Hmmm - been thinking of putting together some sort of CH <3 <3 video.
This is so much the truth! I noticed that happening a lot too.

Tomorrow I'll let you guys know if I get the game back again. Shouldn't be too hard to reacquire, though I haven't purchased AAAAAny of the new weapons/addons at all! :lol

Chichi: dude, I SO remember I no scoped that shot! I remember it well - GOOOOOOD times.

If I get the game again, I'll be fiercely recruiting some peeps to THROWDOWN with the FIGHTIN' THIRTEENTH.

(Rereading this thread is AWESOME!)

(Edit: I ALSO have to look up the details and play with the weapons to get used to the new way some of the weapons work.)

Chichikov

Maxrpg said:
Chichi: dude, I SO remember I no scoped that shot! I remember it well - GOOOOOOD times.
I was a little human dude running under your feet shouting at you to go suicide because there's no way you're taking him with 1 round and gun camera.
Seeing it from that POV made it extra awesome.

Man, just think if this games had Halo 3-esque replay recording.

So many awesome moments.

Ashodin

Chichikov said:
I was a little human dude running under your feet shouting at you to go suicide because there's no way you're taking him with 1 round and gun camera.
Seeing it from that POV made it extra awesome.

Man, just think if this games had Halo 3-esque replay recording.

So many awesome moments.
Dude, you could write an EPIC MOVIE based on that scenario! :lol

Running from his Hound, Chichikov brings an impassioned plea to his Leader, Twilight. "Twilight, for god's sake man, they have us controlled, contained, constrained! WE CAN NOT WIN THIS WAR!"

Twilight, sweat rolling down his fingers, sweat rolling down his head, heat seeming like the jungle, even as the wind rages chilled snow outside, breathes heavily. His Hound is dilapidated, pieces spattering electric buzz, and worst of all, his sniper scope is shot. "I don't care. I'm taking the shot."

Chichikov screams into his weather-beaten mike. "You can't make that type without your scope!"

Twilight's fingers itch and his mind races like it was burning down the track. The enemy Hound comes into his view, ever so slowly.

"I'M TAKING THE SHOT!"

*sound of a sniper rifle firing, fade to black*

would be amazing :)

DCharlie

posting again, for old time sake - this is why i want to get a few movies put together - so many :O moments. Engine was a lot better than it got credit for.

(YES, I KNOW I'M USING MY "SIR CHEESE A LOT" Build , but we were playing the CPU :D)

460007516_caafcbd040_b.jpg

460008064_3685c79c42_b.jpg

460008868_c869866db6_b.jpg

460015127_474876928b_b.jpg

460006886_0ef60a8721_b.jpg

221141023_861622f3ae_o.jpg

460006508_5bd9d840d1_b.jpg

460007784_7fe390f137.jpg

216918802_cf4d67bc84_o.jpg

216918489_dbb4e6d515_o.jpg

216919217_40fb47d320_o.jpg

221140879_f6c9ed435f_o.jpg

216918658_6af406b60d_o.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
the lighting effects in this game are still pretty impressive. the night maps were awesome because it would be all dark and silent at first--and then after a few hundred yards you start to hear the rumbling of shells exploding, and then the sky lights up with tracers shooting through the sky.

Ashodin

purg3 said:
the lighting effects in this game are still pretty impressive. the night maps were awesome because it would be all dark and silent at first--and then after a few hundred yards you start to hear the rumbling of shells exploding, and then the sky lights up with tracers shooting through the sky.
god I love this game so much. I am going to try to borrow it from my friend tomorrow instead of buying it (considering he does not play often). If I can get him to play too that would be awesome but I dunno how good he would be (not that good at games like this :lol)

I'll just borrow it instead :p

God I love those screenshots. I think it's so pretty, even now. The desert shots are amazing.

DCharlie

and it's the little touches like the bullet casings flying out and the mild heat haze off the generators and all the rotors and everything being fully animated, and the shadows, and the lighting and the absolute thud and crash of everything.

Ashodin

WhiteAce said:
and it's the little touches like the bullet casings flying out and the mild heat haze off the generators and all the rotors and everything being fully animated, and the shadows, and the lighting and the absolute thud and crash of everything.
Mech Orgasmic Bliss, as I call it.

I think there would be a solid squad if we got things together. I know purgey'd be up for it. :p

Just need Mirik back... :D

Jonnyram

They should just sling up a cheap version on games for demand or xbla. Can't believe they are shutting this game down, UNLESS they do announce a sequel. It's been three years - one's overdue.

Ashodin

Jonnyram said:
They should just sling up a cheap version on games for demand or xbla. Can't believe they are shutting this game down, UNLESS they do announce a sequel. It's been three years - one's overdue.
It would make a profit. Big profit!

I would buy 10 copies. For all of my squadmates! :lol

DCharlie

still game of the generation. It was 3 years ahead of the competition.

knowing Sega though, they'll have paid for the rights ot CH2...

... and made it an exclusive...

... for the DC2 / DS.

no online... now a touch fighter... :/

:/

DCharlie

ugh, not played in so long - did quick night mission (regular mission stuff, no CPU battle) to try and get a taste of the WARRRR!

hopefully it makes people see what Xbots were going nuts over THREE WHOLE YEARS AGO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNu-4df-uTY

video still processing, so low quality now, but will get better later - mainly captured for the NOISE.

Come see , non-believers, what 3 years ago looks like in the land of awesome! ;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I can confidently say I would not only buy Chromehounds 2 the first second it came out, but I would also be willing to pay a monthly fee to keep Chromehounds going as long as Sega just kept pumping out new maps/missions/parts/mechs.

Jonsoncao

Banned
gamertag: MathChief

Hi everyone, new blood here

heard the server is about to close, so I decided to get a copy of this awesome game, bought it several days ago and now I finished up all the SP mission with S

saying the xbox live, I wonder are there any tips like building a hound for a noob like me?

thanks!

Dekelia

I JUST noticed that they are taking the servers down! I want to get a game. I played with some of you long ago when it first came out but haven't played since. Did you actually start a squad back up?

If so, send me a message. I'll try to be on tonight.

GT: Dekelia

Chichikov

Dekelia said:
I JUST noticed that they are taking the servers down! I want to get a game. I played with some of you long ago when it first came out but haven't played since. Did you actually start a squad back up?

If so, send me a message. I'll try to be on tonight.

GT: Dekelia
I would definitely be up for some Chromehounds action, but not on the day that Shadow Complex is coming out.
Maybe sometime next week?
If you see me playing (I'm still on your friends list, that why I jump to this thread) just shoot me an invite.

Top Bottom