• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

LukeSmith

Shortly, I think Garnett, Skip, Mark, I and a couple of people to be announced will be starting a 1UP squad. Won't be until post-Comicon though.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Scoot said:
Shortly, I think Garnett, Skip, Mark, I and a couple of people to be announced will be starting a 1UP squad. Won't be until post-Comicon though.

Cool.

Chromehounds seems to be an extreme case of the disconnect between review and reality, as I'm sure nobody in the press had any idea how this whole persistent online war thing was REALLY going to play out, even if you had the entire feature set explained to you by a producer and all of the bullet points on a one-sheet.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BenjaminBirdie said:
Question:

If I buy stuff online in campaign, will it go on the same mech I can use in Story Mode?

Still no dice. I'm guessing it needs to be logged on at the time.

ETA:
It's looking as if Story Mode and Online have completely seperate Hounds? So I can't bring Lil Scrapper online. Better start building one for Online.

When I logged on, I was able to bring my offline mech with me. If you save the assembly details, you should be able to interchange the two as long as you have the parts.

chespace

I've been playing a lot of 2v2 or 3v3 matches all weekend with our squad but have yet to really delve into the glory of 6v6 since Friday night's excellent match.

Members of the NeoGAF Brigade, we need to figure out a nightly time to do a few good matches of 6v6 (each match lasts 15 mins so we should be able to get in an hour and a half worth of quality 6v6) -- and here's why: When you have 6v6 matches (and can take out the enemy base), you get a ton more occupation points which go right back into the war effort. Plus, you get to really flex some role type strategy, allowing some to be fast and light, while others to go in heavy. Plus, someone gets to panic as the commander. :)

2v2 or 3v3 matches are intense, but they don't really help the overall war all that much.

How about 9:30pm EST every day?

GLORY TO TARAKIA.

hyp

i just picked up this game... been doing SP the past 2 days but i really want to jump online. so since the NeoGAF Brigade is full, does that mean the rest of us will have to either create squads or join others (ie: 13th GAFHND). lemme know, i just wanna get in and play.

gamertag: hypoetical

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
chespace said:
I've been playing a lot of 2v2 or 3v3 matches all weekend with our squad but have yet to really delve into the glory of 6v6 since Friday night's excellent match.

Members of the NeoGAF Brigade, we need to figure out a nightly time to do a few good matches of 6v6 (each match lasts 15 mins so we should be able to get in an hour and a half worth of quality 6v6) -- and here's why: When you have 6v6 matches (and can take out the enemy base), you get a ton more occupation points which go right back into the war effort. Plus, you get to really flex some role type strategy, allowing some to be fast and light, while others to go in heavy. Plus, someone gets to panic as the commander. :)

2v2 or 3v3 matches are intense, but they don't really help the overall war all that much.

How about 9:30pm EST every day?

GLORY TO TARAKIA.

That is a good time for me.

White Man

Squad: 13th GAFHND SQD, nickname GAFHOUND

Is this the official NeoGaf brigade or is it something else? I'm about to run out to pick the game up.

IJoel

I haven't played online just yet since I want to get as many parts (through the single player) and customize my hound as much as possible before doing so. Is there any official meeting time for the NeoGAF Brigade?

chespace

White Man said:
Squad: 13th GAFHND SQD, nickname GAFHOUND

Is this the official NeoGaf brigade or is it something else? I'm about to run out to pick the game up.

Run out and pick it up. Right now there are a few GAF squads assembled.

The first one I created is called the NeoGAF Brigade. I'm thinking about kicking some folks off the list who haven't played in a while or folks I don't really know or haven't played with so I can assemble a group of 20 who know each other well and are very active. I'm finding that since teamwork is very important, you need to play with folks you know well and can trust to back you up or follow a plan in battle.

Gonna do some house cleaning in the NeoGAF Brigade later tonight, then.

There's always room in the GAFhounds and DCharlie's squad too.

chespace

Geoff9920 said:
Is anyone up for some 6 vs. 6 matches tonight?

Going out shopping now with the woman, but should be able to play by 7 PST hopefully.

Let's try to gather each night at the 9:30EST rendezvous. I'm prob going to be running late tonight though.

As for those of you who haven't played much online yet, I suggest you just hop online and start doing individual missions or do 1v1 matches against the CPU within the war.

You can learn alot just by trial and error and you almost never run out of money anyways.

Ashodin

Guys I'm getting on now, I'm going to check and see what's going on with the 13th squad.

And everyone is welcome to sign up while I'm on!

chespace said:

The first one I created is called the NeoGAF Brigade. I'm thinking about kicking some folks off the list who haven't played in a while or folks I don't really know or haven't played with so I can assemble a group of 20 who know each other well and are very active. I'm finding that since teamwork is very important, you need to play with folks you know well and can trust to back you up or follow a plan in battle.

Maybe in a few days when we have enough people we can gather up a list and distribute to three or so rock solid teams.

One thing I was thinking, at least in terms of the two Takaria teams, is we should set up a night where we both play in missions around the same area and have two people from each team play as messenger to keep both teams posted on their progress on another chat channel, using the Page function in chat whenever there's an update. Revolutionary War stizz.

I'd like to play with Kung Fu and Denog like in the grand GRAW back-in-the-day but I had a great time today with the FIGHTIN' 13TH. Not to mention you really do need to work well as a team so shuffling clans around all the time is not really the best option.

Then again, now that I think about, the 13TH has Scientific. And I'm suddenly remembering the PWNAGE he dished out in GRAW, if I recall correctly.

THE FIGHTIN' 13TH!

Damn, you are all making me want to buy the game now :lol but now im back at home my mothers router isnt xbl compatable...hm

Enron

Banned
chespace said:

Let's chill with the kicking people off deal. This squad was only formed a few days ago and not everyone can play every night.

I like the idea of playing at 9.30 est.

Still not seeing these squads on the list, do i have to wait for you to be on? But what a turnout for the war. We had like 18% yesterday, and were higher than 45% today.

Vark

I'm down for the nightly 9:30est game M-F. I won't be able to tonight but I'm definitely good for tomorrow.

Weekends will be sketchier but offset by the 'up til 4am' sessions.

(btw the '.' post above was me, I'm using another GAFers PC and forgot to log him out before hitting reply).

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
wipeout364 said:
I've been trying to join the 13th is anybody online right now? I can't get it to come up.
We are online right now, join up now!!! We need you! :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
And Shane says this game will be forgotten in a week and is a non-issue.

I've met Shane and he's a great guy - i mean, a really great guy. But when you see statements like "a non-issue" that just sounds like every game that comes out on a platform that isn't a sony platform is something to worry about... like it might be something that people enjoy. *shreiiiieeeek!*

I just don't get it. There's prefering one company over another or whatever but when you are saying it's a non-issue? It's almost like your acting like a company exec looking at rival products. :(

Sigh - anyways, will hopefully be logging on soon - it's a holiday in japan, but (lucky me) work called nice and early :(

Treo360

Vyse The Legend said:
Rayne and I are in the lobby right now. Anyone who wants to apply to 13th, you can do so now.

How? Cause I'm getting this squad is not found :(

Now I get failed to connect.

Treo360

Maxrpg said:
You have to type in the exact name. 13th GAFHND SQD all caps except the "th"

Yup done that. I see the squad but when I go to click on to connect to it I get "Failed to connect" as a result.

This really makes me hope From Software stops dicking the dog with regards to on-line play with Armored Core in the West already.

Stupid assholes. Seriously, the franchise has the fundamental rock in place. Now it just needs an on-line mode for everyone to finally get a clue what this game is all about!

Enron

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
This really makes me hope From Software stops dicking the dog with regards to on-line play with Armored Core in the West already.

Stupid assholes. Seriously, the franchise has the fundamental rock in place. Now it just needs an on-line mode for everyone to finally get a clue what this game is all about!

Screw Armored Core. I'd give anything to get the Another Century Episode games here in the US. I know it will never happen, thanks to inclusion of so many different licenses.

Treo360 said:
Yup done that. I see the squad but when I go to click on to connect to it I get "Failed to connect" as a result.

I had the same. It's your router. I unplugged mine. I've already opened all the necessary ports and I still get errors like that. I'm replacing it ASAP but right now I just go routerless.

Enron said:
Let's chill with the kicking people off deal. This squad was only formed a few days ago and not everyone can play every night.

I like the idea of playing at 9.30 est.

Well the squad rules or whatever they are when they applied says we have to play everynight.. So I'm all for kicking the people who didn't pay attention to that.. They can form a squad for gaf part time members or something. :)

Getting annoying going online to only have a few people online or none at all from our squad.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Well the squad rules or whatever they are when they applied says we have to play everynight.. So I'm all for kicking the people who didn't pay attention to that.. They can form a squad for gaf part time members or something. :)

Getting annoying going online to only have a few people online or none at all from our squad.

Whoa. Uh, FIGHTIN' 13TH, are we every night as well? Even when Dog Bites Man is on??

Ok, I bought a 360 just for this (damn you guys), and my system is due to arrive on Wednesday.

So please save a space for me in GAFHound till then.

Ashodin

BenjaminBirdie said:
Whoa. Uh, FIGHTIN' 13TH, are we every night as well? Even when Dog Bites Man is on??
We don't have to be, I just put it on there as everyday just in case there are people who want to play after a night is over or so.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Picked up the game, joined the squad. Going to do a little single player to get more used to things before newbin it up with the vets online :)

jedimike

GD!!! I knew I picked the wrong game... I saw Chromehounds and Battle for Middle Earth sitting on the shelf at EB. I got BfME and everyone on my friends list is playing Chromehounds.

I'm getting a Phantom Dust vibe from reading all the GAF threads.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
jedimike said:
I'm getting a Phantom Dust vibe from reading all the GAF threads.
me too, when i felt that vibe i immediately knew it was only right for me to buy this game.

I've spent much of the weekend playing SP mode and collecting parts. I've completed the Soldier, Sniper, Heavy Gunner, and Defender missions, so I have some decent parts. I've also spent some time in the garage putting together a mech or two and seeing how they work on the test battlefield. The customization options are just insane.

I intend to get online in the next day or so, but I'm not sure if I can make nightly 9:30 sessions. So, if the NeoGAF Brigade is looking for a sacrificial lamb to kick out in order to make room for someone else, I guess I'm as good as anyone to let go. I'll find another group to join up with and no hard feelings.

Top Bottom